Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,270 members, 7,842,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! (2793 Views)

R / Many Countries Want Nigeria To Break Up Because Of Envy – NLC / if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by RapLawd1: 12:07am On Jul 22, 2015
DrLikita:

Na you sabi.
I will talk whenever I feel like, respond to whoever I want to respond to, and comment on any topic I feel like commenting on.

Same reason I asked you to...
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by DaisyII: 5:42pm On Jul 22, 2015
RapLawd1:

Civil war?

I think the war with Boko Haram Military War shey?

Stop using things not acquitted for as an excuse... we're not saying war but peace, if they fail to See peacefully to our agitation, believe me... either now but never forever, this war that we could avoid now is inevitable... the future generation will take it to much more aggressive level than we... don't observe the revolutionary movement @all?... the only solution is to give everybody what they want, I believe if a vote should decide the real fate of Biafra, that you'll will peacefully vote Biafra if you're one, so you See... It's just matter of years-imagine for a century, all Great nation like Nigeria' and their government can show of is keeping Nigeria one at all cost, even if the parties involved ain't willing...

Nigeria has gone too far in this part and so can't get back to the right track... the only solution is disintegration thou I'm not suggestiing war or genocide, but I can't rule it out as well, cus what matters is freedom at the end, which ever way that it came and let every indigenous nations within the nation should be self determinants...

My Take!

I think we jez got on the same page.I want Biafra like every other person but in Peace and dis can only happen if we r united or else,history will repeat itself.
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by DaisyII: 5:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
lygn19:

Can u ask me how u feel d yorubas or northerners are being marginalized?
wen an igbo leader takes over,they feel his decisns are biased.(e.gThe past govt)
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by DaisyII: 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
lygn19:

OK can I ask u sth, what shud Ojukwu had done as his people were being killed in d north during d progrom?
And in other parts of the country?

m nt apportioning blame cuz we all have our fair share f it.

My point is let us secede in peace.

And let the leaders not disappoint us wen we do.
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by DaisyII: 5:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
RapLawd1:

The more I read your comments, the more I keep asking myself if you're truly Igbo and if you're truly for the Igbos, I'm gonna question or doubt your Igboness, but you seem as if you don't know our history...

i am an igbo to the core and as a matter of fact i lost my uncles for this cause.We all want this romance to end bt Peacefully ooo. cheesy
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 22, 2015
DaisyII:

wen an igbo leader takes over,they feel his decisns are biased.(e.gThe past govt)
The past govt was igbo?
I don't get u.
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by DaisyII: 5:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
lygn19:
The past govt was igbo? I don't get u.
He was an Ijaw bt the yorubas n hausas felt he was.
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by DaisyII: 5:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
lygn19:
The past govt was igbo? I don't get u.
He was an Ijaw bt the yorubas n hausas felt he was.
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by PedroJP(m): 7:28pm On Jul 22, 2015
There must surely be a way to survive amidst enemies after secession.

Israel keep growing stronger amidst threat of annihilation from enemies stronger and deadlier than North and West put together.

Biafra will come so that we will see who survives and who will be at the mercy of aides and begging.

What pple don't understand is dat Biafra is becoming more instinctive than taken. Once, growing up u realise u have Hausa and Yoruba answering same nation with u makes u wonder why it is so.. From there truth reveals itself and burns within.
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by engrjacuzzi: 7:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
ethnicity and religion could be the only obstacle. if we were to have republic of Biafra for instance, will Igbo or English be their Major language? where will the southerns belong? the idea would have worked had ojukwu not surrendered?
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by abagoro(m): 8:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
Most of those asking for war are people whose lineage have failed to achieve in Nigeria. Most of them have their parents, grandparents and friends from same enclave. They believe that after the war there will be free money for them to grab.
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by 1freshdude: 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
DaisyII:

I don't need to bandy words with you since you couldn't present a reasonable argument instead u av chosen to bring family into this.
I respect wat family stands for so m not going to bring yours into this.
This shows how very educated you are.
As for the 'disunity' and the 'great 8iafra' we'll jez wait and see the aftermath of the secession.
You want to compare Israel to Biafra.I jez hope wen war comes calling u'd gladly be a volunteer.
[quote author=DaisyII post=36111861]

You are a very sensible babe.

If you are still single by December please notify me. wink
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by 1freshdude: 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
abagoro:
Most of those asking for war are people whose lineage have failed to achieve in Nigeria. Most of them have their parents, grandparents and friends from same enclave. They believe that after the war there will be free money for them to grab.

True!!
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by kernel504(m): 8:38pm On Jul 22, 2015
DaisyII:

Now civilization has set in with break through in technology.Uncle,what do you intend falling back on/to?

Like if u are given a hoe to farm like your forefathers did u'll accept it n do some digging.

People lyk u ll be waiting for white collar Job.

Wait till we secede and Niger Delta decides to secede with their oil frm Biafra.

This Biafra,as good as it sound,i don't see it anywhere near working.There's no unity amongst us.Same thing dat made ojukwu fail 'disunity'.

Let's jez unite,fight d boko haram,see how we can tackle ds Economic recession and stop ds.

And abt being famous. Biafra wasn't dat recognized.Many African countries didn't recognize her talk more of countries in d western world.

I Tot u studied govt/history in ur sec sch days.Make use f it naaa..

There is no war or election that enjoys the support of everybody... So get use to that, thanks.
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by abagoro(m): 8:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
DaisyII:

I don't need to bandy words with you since you couldn't present a reasonable argument instead u av chosen to bring family into this.
I respect wat family stands for so m not going to bring yours into this.

This shows how very educated you are.

As for the 'disunity' and the 'great 8iafra' we'll jez wait and see the aftermath of the secession.

You want to compare Israel to Biafra.I jez hope wen war comes calling u'd gladly be a volunteer.

On rdio Biafra they keep talking about oil as if oil is the reason for the seccessionist movement but I will like them to know that most of us the real oil producing communities are usually shortchanged in the Igbo things. Oguta, Egbema, Ohaji, Asa and Ndoki are the Igbos producing oil. Will you give us 100% resource control or have plans to share it in your proposed capital?

1 Like

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by Intrepid01(m): 9:03pm On Jul 22, 2015
podosci:
First and for most if Nigeria is to divide, how many entities are we gonna divide into? We have 256 ethnic groups, what stops us from dividing into 256 different countries, what's the assurance we would divide into just 3?
Lets take Biafra first, why should the 5 eastern states agree to divide together to form one Baifra, why not do divide into 5 different countries
Arewa republic is not achievable, there are over 150 ethnic groups in the north, for one, the huasas and fulanjs would never form a country together if giving a choice, we still have the Nupe, Gwari, Gwagi and other ethnic groups....
Oduduwa repulblic is already having issues where the Ijebus are fighting for their states, the Offas want out of Kwar...
Secondly Division is not as simple has it sounds especially in less developed regions like Africa, we would fight for many unending years with a death toll rising in millions and that might not even ensure that the divisions would be achieved. Look at sudan, they fought for years, even after the south successfully gained independence they turned the guns on each other and started fighting themselves in the south.
Economics...If Nigeria is to Divide into N, SW, SS, SE, ...The only region to benefit would be the SW and the Se due to the availability of a readily extractable mineral resources in the SS and sea ports, The SW would enjoy with it's population and seaports....The N and SE would be totally landlocked surrounded by other countries and this is not a good recipie for economic development.

Nigeria is better has one , which ever faction feels marginalize should table it's grieviences to it's senators, Hor and GOVS....Each state in the republic receives it's monthly allocation, Because of Federal system, your state Govement is in charge of your development..Its time we start singing the right song of holding our leaders accountable and stop the song of separation.
Thank You

CHAI CHAI CHAI!!!! O God I for ask say make you give this guy brain but from this write up he has enuf alredi. But pls help me dash am his heart desires. Thumbs up man. nice piece
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by Intrepid01(m): 9:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
DaisyII:

'Tell me' in not more 250words why you think if we secede there won't be internal strife(you knw Anambras rising against imolites,Enugu n Abakiliki wars)

Tell me how you are going to start life afresh.How do you intent to circumvent Economic/financial constraints which will be imminent at that time.

If you can convince me that derrix enough reserve(i.e Mo-ney)to take us through the tough years of our secession.I'll join to fight the war but if not,pls rest your hackles.

Our fathers laid a bad foundation.So wat nw?

I can't die for this cause pls.

CHAI CHAI CHAI, see people exhibiting intelligence today. God go give you good husband for this. I mean someone like me....nne Bia
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by DaisyII: 5:30pm On Jul 23, 2015
Intrepid01:

CHAI CHAI CHAI, see people exhibiting intelligence today. God go give you good husband for this. I mean someone like me....nne Bia
lol
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by DaisyII: 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2015
abagoro:

On rdio Biafra they keep talking about oil as if oil is the reason for the seccessionist movement but I will like them to know that most of us the real oil producing communities are usually shortchanged in the Igbo things. Oguta, Egbema, Ohaji, Asa and Ndoki are the Igbos producing oil. Will you give us 100% resource control or have plans to share it in your proposed capital?

My brother ask those who carry it on their head like itinerant traders.
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by DaisyII: 5:33pm On Jul 23, 2015
kernel504:

There is no war or election that enjoys the support of everybody... So get use to that, thanks.

Duly noted sire.
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by DaisyII: 5:35pm On Jul 23, 2015
[quote author=1freshdude post=36165673][/quote]
Thanks cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers, Akwa-ibom Tribunal Judgments Cannot Stand - PDP / Onitsha Killings: How IGP Solomon Arase Wasted Blood Of Innocent Picketers To Sa / Apc's Acting MD Of NDDC Hon Ibim Seminitari Visits Wike. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.