Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,363 members, 7,819,310 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End (2154 Views)

Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria / The Good The Bad & The "WorWor": The InnJoo 2 Review / Updated Hands on review of the innjoo Max 2 **pics** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by Chizak24(m): 2:42pm On Jul 21, 2015
Remember that sleek quad-core, 2GB-RAM Android smartphone from Innjoo that had myself and several others drooling? It was the One that Elroy described as [url]the fast race horse in our review http://mobilityarena.com/innjoo-one-review-fast-race-horse/[/url]. Plus, it cost just less than N30,000 in the market. And the guys at Innjoo had said that it would receive Android 5 Lollipop update.

Well, my romance with the Innjoo One 3G HD is over. Here is how it happened. After we were done with our review of the device here at Mobility Arena, we kept it in the office for reference purposes. It was always in my care. If it wasn’t in my hand, it was locked away in my drawer. Eventually, months later, we decided that it was time to sell it off. A buyer paid and after doing the mandatory hard reset to clear the phone of my personal data, we shipped it off – the same way we had shipped hundreds of other phones to customers across Nigeria over the years. We were surprised when the buyer called to say that the phone was defective and wouldn’t come on.

After some back and forth with members of our team, he took it to Innjoo’s care centre at Ikeja where it was opened for inspection. The diagnosis returned was that the phone was “water damaged”. That was odd. It never came in contact with water in my hand. Water has never got into my office or drawer. And the phone pack is still with us and is intact. There is no touch of water on the pack – and the phone was always in that pack when locked away. Eventually, we asked the buyer to return it and we refunded his money. We exchanged a few mails with Innjoo and we were asked to send it in for examination.

Once again, Innjoo returned a verdict of “water damaged” and slapped on us a bill of N19,000 to repair the phone. A member of our team has been to Innjoo twice, and Innjoo is sticking to its diagnosis of water damage. I am sticking my reputation on the line to affirm that water did not once touch that phone during its time with me, and that it functioned without any issues till the time we shipped it off. I have owned over 135 smartphones in over 10 years. Only one of them ever got damaged in my care. One. That was a Samsung Galaxy S2. It fell from my hand, hit the floor and the screen was shattered. I paid for the replacement of the screen myself. Back then, it cost me N25,000.

I took good care of the Innjoo One. If it had gotten damaged in my care, I would have had it fixed at my own expense.

So, here are the possibilities that I can see:

Innjoo used defective (rusted material, hence the appearance of “water damage”, if at all) materials in the production of the phone (which we cannot prove)

Somehow, between our office and arrival at the buyer, the phone got water damaged (which I doubt, as there is no trace of water touching the sales pack, plus the pack was sealed in the mandatory synthetic bag for shipping)

The phone got water damaged in the hands of the buyer (which we have no way of proving either) Whatever really happened, I am not spending N19,000 to repair the Innjoo one 3G.

I have moved on. May its soul rest in perfect peace.

Source: http://mobilityarena.com/my-romance-with-the-innjoo-one-3g-hd-comes-to-an-end/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by guydangerous(m): 2:50pm On Jul 21, 2015
19k!!! Oboy na to shift oh
Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by ihatebuhari(f): 2:57pm On Jul 21, 2015
undecided
Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by ahmodu4real(m): 3:06pm On Jul 21, 2015
this problem is not peculair with only injoo alone. go to calcare u will see many people bring their phone there, after some minute u will hear the same story of water damage even if u complain from now till tomorow they will still insist ur phone had contact with water.
Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by Wisdomkosi(m): 3:20pm On Jul 21, 2015
Make una leave innjoo alone, una no gree.
Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by Warlord3000(m): 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2015
Invisible water from everywhere nowadays cheesy

Actually they know wassup... Just playing to the gallery and don't wanna "man up ' to their responsibilities
Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by guydangerous(m): 3:46pm On Jul 21, 2015
ihatebuhari:
undecided
damn your picture gat me wondering if I have you as a female friend will it end my life ? cry cry cry
Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by ihatebuhari(f): 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2015
guydangerous:
damn your picture gat me wondering if I have you as a female friend will it end my life ? cry cry cry
hahaha
Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by guydangerous(m): 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
ihatebuhari:
hahaha

is that a yes
Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by ihatebuhari(f): 4:14pm On Jul 21, 2015
guydangerous:
is that a yes
no
Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by guydangerous(m): 4:24pm On Jul 21, 2015
ihatebuhari:
no
ok but am not backing off easily smiley wink cheesy grin
Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by ihatebuhari(f): 4:29pm On Jul 21, 2015
guydangerous:
ok but am not backing off easily smiley wink cheesy grin
OK sir
Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by timbros(m): 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
Another bashing thread...

Innjoo used defective (rusted material, hence the appearance of “water damage”, if at all) materials in the production of the phone (which we cannot prove)

Somehow, between our office and arrival at the buyer, the phone got water damaged (which I doubt, as there is no trace of water touching the sales pack, plus the pack was sealed in the mandatory synthetic bag for shipping)

The phone got water damaged in the hands of the buyer (which we have no way of proving either) Whatever really happened, I am not spending N19,000 to repair the Innjoo one 3G.

If I may ask, what is the reason of this thread? To rubbish InnJoo? If diagnosis results came back twice as "water damage", why not make proper investigation on the third point above that is bolded instead of jumping to this conclusion that InnJoo ONE is a bad phone?

After months with the phone in your care, the phone has zero issues then someone bought it. All of a sudden it has an issue. I expect common sense to tell you that the new owner mishandled it.

Sorry but this thread is just useless as far as I'm concerned.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by 0ubenji(m): 6:11pm On Jul 21, 2015
Chizak24:
Remember that sleek quad-core, 2GB-RAM Android smartphone from Innjoo that had myself and several others drooling? It was the One that Elroy described as [url]the fast race horse in our review http://mobilityarena.com/innjoo-one-review-fast-race-horse/[/url]. Plus, it cost just less than N30,000 in the market. And the guys at Innjoo had said that it would receive Android 5 Lollipop update.

Well, my romance with the Innjoo One 3G HD is over. Here is how it happened. After we were done with our review of the device here at Mobility Arena, we kept it in the office for reference purposes. It was always in my care. If it wasn’t in my hand, it was locked away in my drawer. Eventually, months later, we decided that it was time to sell it off. A buyer paid and after doing the mandatory hard reset to clear the phone of my personal data, we shipped it off – the same way we had shipped hundreds of other phones to customers across Nigeria over the years. We were surprised when the buyer called to say that the phone was defective and wouldn’t come on.

After some back and forth with members of our team, he took it to Innjoo’s care centre at Ikeja where it was opened for inspection. The diagnosis returned was that the phone was “water damaged”. That was odd. It never came in contact with water in my hand. Water has never got into my office or drawer. And the phone pack is still with us and is intact. There is no touch of water on the pack – and the phone was always in that pack when locked away. Eventually, we asked the buyer to return it and we refunded his money. We exchanged a few mails with Innjoo and we were asked to send it in for examination.

Once again, Innjoo returned a verdict of “water damaged” and slapped on us a bill of N19,000 to repair the phone. A member of our team has been to Innjoo twice, and Innjoo is sticking to its diagnosis of water damage. I am sticking my reputation on the line to affirm that water did not once touch that phone during its time with me, and that it functioned without any issues till the time we shipped it off. I have owned over 135 smartphones in over 10 years. Only one of them ever got damaged in my care. One. That was a Samsung Galaxy S2. It fell from my hand, hit the floor and the screen was shattered. I paid for the replacement of the screen myself. Back then, it cost me N25,000.

I took good care of the Innjoo One. If it had gotten damaged in my care, I would have had it fixed at my own expense.

I have moved on. May its soul rest in perfect peace.

Source: http://mobilityarena.com/my-romance-with-the-innjoo-one-3g-hd-comes-to-an-end/
Aw come u trust d buyer so much..ppl can be funny u knw?
Innjoo cudnt av been stupid to claim the water damage..
U're so sure of urself not haven damaged d fone with water..
Now what's d buyer saying..?
On d contrary...Aw nd why wud u sell/ship a fone without testing it for confirmation sakes before u took it off d shelf..
Mehn..ur story gan get virus

1 Like

Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by guydangerous(m): 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2015
ihatebuhari:
OK sir
bye,don't wanna bother you or force you smiley
Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by ihatebuhari(f): 8:54pm On Jul 21, 2015
guydangerous:
bye,don't wanna bother you or force you smiley
OK dear pm me
Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by guydangerous(m): 9:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
ihatebuhari:
OK dear pm me
nah,I was only playing around with you thanks for the offer smiley
Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by jericco1(m): 9:53pm On Jul 21, 2015
guydangerous:

She looked like she was drawn.
Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
guydangerous:
19k!!! Oboy na to shift oh
hope say u no go go buy Tecno N3 keep change
Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by guydangerous(m): 10:45pm On Jul 21, 2015
jericco1:

She looked like she was drawn.
my eyes and yours no de the same level oh
Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by guydangerous(m): 10:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
Bossforeva:
hope say u no go go buy Tecno N3 keep change
i tell you say I wan draw myself backward
Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by Youngpo413: 11:25pm On Jul 21, 2015
guydangerous:
nah,I was only playing around with you thanks for the offer smiley
lol
Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by encryptjay(m): 1:38am On Jul 22, 2015
guydangerous:
my eyes and yours no de the same level oh

You thank someone with such account serious? I wail for you.

Yansh killing men since 1947
Re: This Is How My Romance With The Innjoo One Came To An End by guydangerous(m): 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2015
encryptjay:

You thank someone with such account serious? I wail for you.

Yansh killing men since 1947
if i want yansh tools and nicki minaj own don less,perhaps that is what you have in mind

(1) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Vpn App / How To Display Battery Percentage In Android 5.0 Upward / Latest Cheap Airtel Plans Of 10gb For #100, 20gb For 200 And 100gb For #300

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.