Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,547 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:42 PM

Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? (11084 Views)

What Management Professional Exam Is Ideal To Start With As A Banker? / 6 Secrets Your Boss Doesn’t Want You To Know / The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by trailblaiza(m): 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
angry
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by bunmioguns(m): 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
If it involves so, why not
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
It is not!

Not!
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Omotayor123(f): 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
It depends.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by DONSMITH123(m): 12:50pm On Jul 22, 2015
i dont give a f**k....left for me, i will let you remain there without accepting.

did i send him request? abi na the maga don buy me phone?
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by brirold(m): 12:50pm On Jul 22, 2015
Depends on ur rship.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Melahou(m): 12:50pm On Jul 22, 2015
i do not see anything wrong in that...
its a form of communication and to "mingle"
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by bookkeepers: 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
I also work for a parastatal. I do not have any colleague whether senior or junior on any of my social media platforms. A colleague once feigned illness, took sick leave and went abroad. All the "abroad" pictures where he was seen having fun was transmitted to the office both in hard and soft copies by his facebook friends who were also his colleagues.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
Wont even accpt his or he request
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Adesiji77: 12:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
cheesy
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by damiloladuke: 12:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
Adenugay:
I don't think is normal

Dr Sid's Sister Tobore Weds French Beau Photos
.>>> http://www...com/2015/07/dr-sids-sister-tobore-weds-french-beau.html
let me help you buy .com for just 2k and I will help you do the setting as well
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by kilode100(f): 12:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
... And you haven't banged her yet??

This was how I got my husband who was my boss and before he could shout kilode, I don carry belle cheesy cheesy

People dey slow nowadays o..
If to say na me, haaaaa...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Berrymoss(f): 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2015
Kinkale:
Shoo.. Fourth to comment.. I shall get dre
Kai Chai na ftc be ur problem u no even send the topic. Comedy go fit u
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
If he/she sends a request i will accept. Not accepting will be rude...

Dats my opinion sha oo....

wink
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
Its a NO NO for me. The organization meeting platform is enough for me
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
Anyways 4 me, I won't go with that at all, but you can add him as one of ur connections on Linkedln instead of on social media like Fb n co.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
Go ahead, expose ur privacy.......its ur CHOICE tongue grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 22, 2015
I would say it depends on your position and the relationship btw ur boss and yourself.
Let me use myself as an example. I am the P.A to the MD and the only social network i gave room for communication is "Watsapp" and the reason for that is "sometimes I could be extremely busy and the easiest way to leave a message is via watsapp"
It is thought wise for u to av atleast A social media u cld use in communicating wit ur boss. (he cld be in a meeting where a call is a distraction) so wat do u do?
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by easydone: 1:04pm On Jul 22, 2015
Scenario A:

You work in a global Multinational, your boss is the West African Head of IT, you connect with him on LinkedIn, his connection gives you access to his global connection (also your company's global leadership). From there, you connect to the global leadership on LinkedIn. Bear in mind that these global leaders might not accept your connection request unless there is a common ground. Your common ground in this scenario if your manager.

Hence, depending on where you work, depending on the social media platform you're referring to, depending on how far you wan to build your career, PLEASE CONNECT WITH YOUR BOSS. That's why I love LinkedIn.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by IamOpemipo(m): 1:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
bookkeepers:
I also work for a parastatal. I do not have any colleague whether senior or junior on any of my social media platforms. A colleague once feigned illness, took sick leave and went abroad. All the "abroad" pictures where he was seen having fun was transmitted to the office both in hard and soft copies by his facebook friends who were also his colleagues.

Lol, bubble don burst be that,hope he wasn't sacked

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by seggs101(m): 1:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
In my opinion i think its very ideal, social media is a place for communication and communication is very important.

plz check out my signature. It might change your finacial destiny.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by maryhaam(f): 1:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
kennygee:
Wrong Idea.

Keep your social media life separate from your Official issues.

Nobody tell me when i delete my Team lead and colleagues from my BBM and Social media platforms.

You'll resume on monday and hear stuff like, "You don't look good, from the pictures on your fb or from your dp, it must have been an interesting night or weekend"

spot on,or my bozz saying,where did u spend ur weekend,that doesn't look like ur house,i just said my phonecrash n deleted him.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by jorel1(m): 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
Just accept and create strict settings for them on Facebook, customise every post about you to ignore them, and invisible in chat.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by eromspete(m): 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
You were forced. How? Did she threaten you? Why does she want to be your friend so bad that she left her office to come to your desk and challenge you?

You didn't say what social media. There are lots of them.

LinkedIn is the popular social media amongst work colleagues.

Relating with your boss is not a bad thing in the ideal sense of the word but it usually works against the employee as the boss might take advantage if things get ugly between you both to spill out private information.

charleff512:
I work in a parastatal and going by the organizational structure I have a lot of superiors.

When it comes to social media, I believe I have a right to who I should choose and relate with as friends.

But there's this top officer that came to challenge me in my unit that I refuse to accept her friend request.

I was forced to do so. My question is, is it ideal to relate with one's boss on the social media?

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 22, 2015
jaybee3:
Hell da fvck No!

That's your private space and you had better reject all monitoring spirit in ya life

Heh. Social media and private come across as antonyms.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by pocohantas(f): 1:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
Relate with them on the social media handle you are least active on. Simple.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by jaybee3(m): 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
oyb:

Heh. Social media and private come across as antonyms.

Not if the fun is restricted to your friends/family

FB still allows you to stay unsearchable and i'm pretty sure IG can be restricted as well

Besides, people do actually get sacked for the things they post online so i always chuckle at folks that use their full names and all
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by nattkay(m): 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
There's nothing write or wrong about relating with ur boss on the social media afterall it's all about communication which is why social media exist in the first place.
But on the other hand choosing to relate with ur boss or anyone else on the social media is another thing. It is strictly a matter of your choice which no one should bully or influence u otherwise afterall ur boss can always communicate with u through ur mobile no unless perhaps he or she is taking a special interest in u and u decide to reciprocate or take advantage of that or any other reason u choose to accept. In any case it's ur choice to make.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by muchyblink(m): 1:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
In my office, Skype is our means of communication.......If you are at work and you are not online on skype it definitely means you are absent. We send files and communicate secretly with our Boss via skype. It makes so much sense.....E-presence
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 22, 2015
block her on social media and tell her you have deactivated your account... believe me it works... she would not suspect a thing.

charleff512:
I work in a parastatal and going by the organizational structure I have a lot of superiors.

When it comes to social media, I believe I have a right to who I should choose and relate with as friends.

But there's this top officer that came to challenge me in my unit that I refuse to accept her friend request.

I was forced to do so. My question is, is it ideal to relate with one's boss on the social media?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by TOPMAN4LIFE: 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2015
It is good & God is using it to help me now.
I am working wit a boss dt didnt believe in God, I av heard stories of how he hates hearing about God. I post Word of God on Facebook evryday,
One day I ws suprised when I saw friend request from him & I didn't accept it until 2nd day when someone in d office told me dt he sent d friend request to another work mate.
I continued to b posting God's Word on FB without fear & God proved himself.
Instead of d man to hate me, he began to show interest in me to d extent dt when some people tried to remove me from d company, God used him to argue 4 me.
Also,one day I ws in d car with him, he started a chat wit me where he started talking about God +vely, even trying to quote d bible.
Use social media positively & u don't av anything to fear from anybody including ur boss.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PSC Approves Promotion Of 3 AIGs To DIGs, 4 CPs To AIGs / Does H.N.D + PGD Equals Bsc / Ascon Oil Company Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.