Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? (11029 Views)

What Management Professional Exam Is Ideal To Start With As A Banker? / 6 Secrets Your Boss Doesn’t Want You To Know / The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by hardychris(m): 1:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
It is not wrong but it has to be to a limit and it must be official.
But one thing can lead to another and it willl turn to something else.
Just be careful shaa

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by boyesola: 1:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
it is not good, it will limit your freedom especially on fb. i did and i regretted it.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by anselm791(m): 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
I think you know the answer to that one.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2015
i hate it sef
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by chrisbaby24(m): 1:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
If ur boss na MARK HENRY...no relate wit am..but if na JOHN CENA..relate wit am wella... grin
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by baba11(m): 1:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
It depends on the kind of work we are talking about

My boss,fellow staff and I relate more on social media than voice callllll shocked
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by bigerboy200: 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hell no.. it will result to "see finish" syndrome.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by oluwanoni: 1:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
When u live a double life...@work u are quite, keep to yourself...off work on social media U become a social Prada, social media should be used positively to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pelmet:
It's wrong...it should be kept formal unless you finally become friends or at a point it became necessary to share info with you. personally, I don't like it. But hey...each to his own

Yeah, I don't like it too.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by oladeledave: 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
Apply for

Counterhouse Consultants Limited Graduate Internship Programme 2015

http://dynamicexploits..com/2015/07/counterhouse-consultants-limited.html
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by NoRetreat(m): 2:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
Its like eating with the devil, you must eat with long spoon.Any younger person can eats with elderly ones however you must be careful not to over step your boundary.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by horlarmicoded: 2:12pm On Jul 22, 2015
the choice is yours you choose who to associate wit on social media
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Agbalanze(m): 3:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
If its on Facebook, go to "who can see me online" and remove him. That way, he wouldn't know when u are online. That's the option for now.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
Kinkale:
Shoo.. Fourth to comment.. I shall get dre

A VERY STUPID THING TO DO.

THE FIRST COMMANDMENT OF EMPLOYMENT IS

NEVER BE TOO CLOSE TO YOUR BOSS.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by LaJose78(m): 4:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
[/color]If na dt ur 5n employee lady wey u don dey 5nd hw u go nak send u frnd request, na sharp sharp u go accept.[color=#990000]
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by InvertedHammer: 6:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
charleff512:
I work in a parastatal and going by the organizational structure I have a lot of superiors.

When it comes to social media, I believe I have a right to who I should choose and relate with as friends.

But there's this top officer that came to challenge me in my unit that I refuse to accept her friend request.

I was forced to do so. My question is, is it ideal to relate with one's boss on the social media?
/

If you know how to suck up, it will not be a problem

Keep brown-nosing.

Just talk about how your boss is the best human being on earth on your wall...

and how you have the most awesome job.

Stroking his/her ego will get you a lot of places.

\
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by lovemaths(f): 1:46am On Jul 23, 2015
kamokaze10:

No ke!!!...it's ideal jawe since u can't with the nigga face 2 face

My boss is a really annoying fella

I don't mix business with pleasure.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Maryalex1805(f): 12:18pm On Jul 23, 2015
I think she wants to use that medium to monitor you on how you run your social life...that is if you are one of those people who post daily updates of their personal lives

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Stop Being A Procrastinator? / How To Charm Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace By Johnspeak Uwangue / Can I Use Salesforce Certificate To Get A Job Elsewhere?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.