Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Why Pc Slow Down Over Time And How To Prevent It - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why Pc Slow Down Over Time And How To Prevent It (684 Views)

5 Ways You’re Killing Your Laptop And How To Prevent It / Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. / My Laptop Is Very Slow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Pc Slow Down Over Time And How To Prevent It by Greatzeus(m): 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
Yes it's true that anything new will get old, but when it comes to computers,the length of time it has been in use isnt the ultimte determinant of how slow it is.Now you will say your Pc was faster some months or years ago when you just acquired it,its true,but its not the time you have been using it thats responsible these are: 1) Start Up Programs: Start up pograms lengthy boot process,cluster the system tray,consume CPU ie high CPU usage,consume memory etc.Start up programs are software\bloatware that were configured to start working in the background when your system starts,either by you or by the software programmers.it takes my laptop(old Laptop for that matter) abt 15-25 secs to start,15-20 secs to shut down,i used a cousin's laptop once,when i shut down,it took so long i cudnt wait any longer,i just closed it(it was a newer laptop compared to mine). 2) Heavy Security Suites: Security suites like Norton that comes with other functions besides antivirus are often very heavy,consuming lots of resources(CPU\Harddisk space) to perform their functions.For individuals(except Corporations) you dont really need a security suite,just an antivirus program will do. 3) PC Cleaning tools : PC Cleaning tools are generally scams,and they can make your computer slower,if they add themselves as start up programs and run in the background.If you have to use a Pc cleaning tool,CCleaner is highly recommended. 4)Windows Explorer Plugins: There are applications that add short cuts to windows explorer's context menu,making right clicking on files take much longer,especially if they are badly programmed. 5) Browser Extensions\Toolbars: Browser extensions,tool bars and add-ons can slow down your browser,junk add ons like Ask.com tool is worse,and it comes with lots of free software nowadays,open your eyes when installing software,choose custom install rather than express cos you never know how many other junk stuff that comes with that free software. Inother words,the main cause of a windows system slowing down over time is installation of junk and unnecessary software.You can prevent it by 1) install only software you will actually use. 2) Pay attentionn when installing software,avoid browser tool bars,spyware and other gabbage. 3) Regularly uninstall software you are not using anymore. 4) Occasionally use a tool like CCleaner to remove temporary files wasting space on your hard drive. Pls feel free to add yours for others to benefit,including me,thanks.
Re: Why Pc Slow Down Over Time And How To Prevent It by UrennaNkoli(f): 10:03pm On Jul 21, 2015
Good writeup.

1 Like

Re: Why Pc Slow Down Over Time And How To Prevent It by Tallesty1(m): 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
Space ur write up make e no be like ur keypad has asthma
Re: Why Pc Slow Down Over Time And How To Prevent It by Greatzeus(m): 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Good writeup.
Thanks bro
Re: Why Pc Slow Down Over Time And How To Prevent It by Greatzeus(m): 10:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
Tallesty1:
Space ur write up make e no be like ur keypad has asthma
Asthma? hmmmm funny
Re: Why Pc Slow Down Over Time And How To Prevent It by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
Great! ⌣»̶·thanks for the info!

1 Like

Re: Why Pc Slow Down Over Time And How To Prevent It by Greatzeus(m): 10:23pm On Jul 21, 2015
grayht:
Great! ⌣»̶·thanks for the info!
You welcome

(1) (Reply)

A Clean White Mini Dell Frontier With Good And Longlasting Battery / Phone / Help! Help! Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.