Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

How To Cook Afang Soup - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Afang Soup (2217 Views)

Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup / How To Prepare 'AFANG SOUP'... / The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cook Afang Soup by expert101(m): 11:29pm On Jul 21, 2015
Ingredients

• assorted meats (beef, ponmo etc)
• 350 g stockfish (pre-soaked)
• 1 medium dry fish (Well washed and flaked)
• 200 g of red pepper
• 1 cup of ground crayfish
• ½ litre / 2 pints palm oil
• Salt to taste
• 2 cubes of Maggi
• 500g of ukazi afang leaves (pounded)
. Waterleaf
• 250g of periwinkles

Directions
1. Begin by washing the meat thoroughly and place in a large pot.
2. Season with salt and 2 cubes of maggi.
3. Boil for 30 minutes.
4. Wash the stock fish and cook until soft before adding other ingredients.
5. Add the palm oil concentrate and allow to boil for to form thick concentrate and cook for 3 minutes then add periwinkles
6. Add the pounded afang leaves
7. Add the crayfish, salt to taste and cook for 10 minutes until well blended.
8. Check seasoning and serve with semovita or pounded yam.

source: http://nutripotblog.com/how-to-cook-afang-soup/

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Afang Soup by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 21, 2015
tongue
Re: How To Cook Afang Soup by kristen12(f): 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
No waterleaf?
Re: How To Cook Afang Soup by elnino3(m): 8:29pm On Jul 22, 2015
The afang leaves are added at last. U must also use waterleaf.
Re: How To Cook Afang Soup by expert101(m): 10:58am On Jul 23, 2015
Water leaf could be added last
Re: How To Cook Afang Soup by udysweet(f): 6:13pm On Jul 23, 2015
Could? No way o! U can't add dat last mbok ayin eka,lol! U ddnt include it in ur list and evn wen cooking. Afang if a tough leaf and hence d water leaf to tone it down or else u can't eat dat afang alone.
Anyway I'm talking abt how I cook mine and how I learnt frm my mum,I add my waterleaf after d meat,stockfish and nfi ,jus let it steam slightly to decrease d size before continuing with all oda stuff. Anyway diff pple wit diff ways to cook but not "could add at d end" u will need to add waterleaf sha to dat soup,lol
expert101:
Water leaf could be added last
Re: How To Cook Afang Soup by elnino3(m): 9:22pm On Jul 23, 2015
udysweet:
Could? No way o! U can't add dat last mbok ayin eka,lol! U ddnt include it in ur list and evn wen cooking. Afang if a tough leaf and hence d water leaf to tone it down or else u can't eat dat afang alone.
Anyway I'm talking abt how I cook mine and how I learnt frm my mum,I add my waterleaf after d meat,stockfish and nfi ,jus let it steam slightly to decrease d size before continuing with all oda stuff. Anyway diff pple wit diff ways to cook but not "could add at d end" u will need to add waterleaf sha to dat soup,lol
Koko tell am o
Re: How To Cook Afang Soup by udysweet(f): 9:34pm On Jul 23, 2015
Lol
elnino3:

Koko tell am o
Re: How To Cook Afang Soup by expert101(m): 12:22am On Jul 25, 2015
you try...how does your meal taste after cooking?

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare Ogbono Soup With Okra: Rich And Tasty Draw Soup / Recipes: How To Prepare A Super Delicious Nigerian Sharwarma (with pictures) / See this Zobo Fufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.