Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,387 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:08 AM

Boko Haram: Nigeria Borrows $2.1 Bn From World Bank To Rebuild North-east - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Nigeria Borrows $2.1 Bn From World Bank To Rebuild North-east (560 Views)

$2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 / $2.1 Arms Scam: Your Utterances Are Unprofessional – Ex-Minister Tells Sagay / Buhari Borrows 2.1 Billion Dollars From World Bank To Rebuild North East (2) (3) (4)

Boko Haram: Nigeria Borrows $2.1 Bn From World Bank To Rebuild North-east by Emman93(m): 11:33pm On Jul 21, 2015
The Federal Government has obtained a $2.1 billion credit from the World Bank to rebuild the North-East zone devastated by the jihadist group, Boko Haram.
President Muhammadu Buhari announced this in Washington DC, United States, Wednesday.
Mr. Buhari is currently in the U.S. on a four-day official visit where he has discussed bilateral issues with President Barack Obama and other U.S. officials.
Speaking after meeting with representatives of the World Bank and other donor agencies, Mr. Buhari hailed the decision to invest $2.1 billion in rebuilding the troubled region.
The representatives of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the World Health Organization, WHO, also attended the meeting.
Apart from rebuilding the North-East in terms of infrastructure, Mr. Buhari said priority would be given to the resettlement of internally displaced persons, who now number over 1 million.
He appealed to the World Bank to send a team to work with the Federal Government in carrying out proper needs assessment of people of the zone.
“The World Bank will spend the 2.1 billion dollars through its (International Development Agency), which gives low interest rates loans to government,” Mr. Buhari said.
“The first 10 years will be interest free, while an additional 30 years will be at lower than capital market rate. The World Bank is eager to move in quickly, give out the loans, and give succor to the people of North-east, long at the mercy of an insurgency that has claimed over 20,000 souls.
“WHO is also to invest 300 million dollars on immunization against malaria in Nigeria, while the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will collaborate with Dangote Foundation to ensure that the country maintains its zero polio case record of the past one year,” the statement said.
The president said if the effort is sustained for another two years, Nigeria will be declared fully free of polio by the WHO.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/187051-boko-haram-nigeria-borrows-2-1-bn-from-world-bank-to-rebuild-north-east.html
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Borrows $2.1 Bn From World Bank To Rebuild North-east by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 21, 2015
THIS WAR HAS REALLY DESTROYED NORTH EAST ESPECIALLY BORNO. ONE OF THE EPIC STATES IN NIGERIA...

I HOPE THE LOAN WILL BE PUT INTO JUDICIOUS USE... I TRUST THE EXECUTIVE HEAD...
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Borrows $2.1 Bn From World Bank To Rebuild North-east by ojun50(m): 11:38pm On Jul 21, 2015
This people we nt kill some one,
borrow and rebuild north-east well like i was said...... This country was sold.

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Borrows $2.1 Bn From World Bank To Rebuild North-east by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 21, 2015
Rebuilding northeast wen u've not wiped out d forces dat brough it down..

Smh undecided

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Borrows $2.1 Bn From World Bank To Rebuild North-east by Emman93(m): 11:39pm On Jul 21, 2015
Freemanan:
THIS WAR HAS REALLY DESTROYED NORTH EAST ESPECIALLY BORNO. ONE OF THE EPIC STATES IN NIGERIA...

I HOPE THE LOAN WILL BE PUT INTO JUDICIOUS USE... I TRUST THE EXECUTIVE HEAD...
wetin you dey spit for mouth?

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Borrows $2.1 Bn From World Bank To Rebuild North-east by mrking3(m): 12:02am On Jul 22, 2015
This guy keep appearing clueless day by day! Why not plan on getting rid of these beasts first! Before thinking of revamping the Region just like the poster above me rightly opined.

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Borrows $2.1 Bn From World Bank To Rebuild North-east by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 22, 2015
Idiots.
This is how the naira will die pata pata

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Borrows $2.1 Bn From World Bank To Rebuild North-east by Emekamex(m): 12:14am On Jul 22, 2015
->How can you rebuild when you haven't destroyed those causing destruction in the same North East?

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Borrows $2.1 Bn From World Bank To Rebuild North-east by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 22, 2015
Building house on rock daura dulla ard
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Borrows $2.1 Bn From World Bank To Rebuild North-east by DankemzI(m): 12:26am On Jul 22, 2015
I hope our Oyel money won't be used to repay the loan on the long run.
Because I don't understand how someone will wakeup & say Western Education is a sin, but you're using proceeds from this same condemned education.... Weapons, vehicles, condom's......
That's insanity, pure stupidity

Of Two Presidential Visits To The Us / Buhari Rejects US Request On Gay Marriage, Vows To Recover Stolen Wealth / Why Do Nigerian Hustle?