Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Generate Pins For A School Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Generate Pins For A School Website (785 Views)

The Official School Website Of National Examination Council (NECO) Hacked!!! / Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla / Best Technology For Developing School Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Generate Pins For A School Website by havensagu: 5:32pm On Mar 12, 2009
who can design a database and generate pins for a school website. and the pins expire every one year. call me with an estimate on 07055952286 or mail havensagu1@gmail.com, yahoo.com, yuurok.com
Re: Generate Pins For A School Website by BullSoft: 9:25am On Mar 14, 2009
what will the PIN be used for?
i can do that
Re: Generate Pins For A School Website by mavtrevor(m): 12:53pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ havensagu

Elaborate on what you want the pin to be used for or what type of pin like Alphanumerals or just numerals, lets know?
Re: Generate Pins For A School Website by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 17, 2009
whoever gets this shud google for pseudo random number generation before delving into this.

that thing almost ruined a nigerian bank's raffle draw last year, i was there and the number the computer kept spitting out followed a particular pattern
it was so bad that some set of ppl won up to eight times (and they felt like they were anointed from above)

they had to stop the computer and resolve to manual.
Re: Generate Pins For A School Website by josyisback(m): 7:22am On Mar 21, 2009
@webadzzi, i dont think it must be number. Go can create an admin panel where admin types in a password that would be encrypted to a 15 digit varchar code which would be used as the pin.@ poster,have done dis kind of project b4,if ua interested reply here telling me if u nid me. I would do d whole database admin thing and d pin tin at a price not less than 60k. Nt to 4get,about expiring,i would create an activation/deactivatn button which would be used to make pins expired.
Re: Generate Pins For A School Website by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 21, 2009
u sound like you know what you are doing. thats cool.

also note he wanted it generated
Re: Generate Pins For A School Website by josyisback(m): 1:41pm On Mar 23, 2009
yeah i do know do what am saying and what to do but i dont think thread post but if he is,i know how i would handle the project well,
Re: Generate Pins For A School Website by yawatide(f): 2:28pm On Mar 23, 2009
that thing almost ruined a nigerian bank's raffle draw last year, i was there and the number the computer kept spitting out followed a particular pattern
it was so bad that some set of ppl won up to eight times (and they felt like they were anointed from above)

LOL,

That is what happens when you hand the job to "pros", "gurus", the cheapest of the cheapest bid, people who are not professionals and/or cronies.
Re: Generate Pins For A School Website by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 23, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

LOL,

That is what happens when you hand the job to "pros", "gurus", the cheapest of the cheapest bid, people who are not professionals and/or cronies.

these are real Pros men! You need to see all they did with action script.
that was their first encounter with computer generated pins i guess.

the only way to get true randomness is outside ur computer else, anyone with good knowledge of this can buy a pin, and automatically get any computer to generate the next digit, and trust me you can end up with all the numbers ever generated.

i posted a question here about it, that was short after the bank's Pros got screwed, there was AC and these guys were sweating really hard
am sure the bank paid the media ppl to hide their name

here is the link, 2 bad, no one won the hosting account then.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-123602.0.html
Re: Generate Pins For A School Website by josyisback(m): 2:57pm On Mar 24, 2009
@webazzi,sure ramdomly generating numbers is hell which i wasnt hoping to do, all i wanted was a text area where about six alphabet would be entered then it would be encrypted to to produce atleast 15 digits, haha if na that random number thing,,,,,,,the guy go pay like 1 million, grin
Re: Generate Pins For A School Website by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 24, 2009
you know better
Re: Generate Pins For A School Website by AbidemiA: 11:58pm On Mar 24, 2009
I think it will be better to use combination of random number and datetime function (timestamp). With timestamp, there can never be duplicate values while random number to an extent will guide against brute force search. You can then hash the result of your combination.
Re: Generate Pins For A School Website by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 25, 2009
yea, i remember doing something similar lately.

time() wont fail u

(1) (Reply)

Free Com Domain,up To 10g Hd,unlimited Bw,instant Setup,cpanel,php,sql And Scrip / My website / Hi!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.