Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,455 members, 7,770,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:05 AM

Best Technology For Developing School Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Best Technology For Developing School Website (1421 Views)

The Official School Website Of National Examination Council (NECO) Hacked!!! / Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla / Php Freedom Framework: A Made-in-Nigeria Technology for Rapid Web Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Technology For Developing School Website by technobayo(m): 2:30pm On Jan 28, 2012
Hello peops,
I', on the verge of developing a full fledged website for a secondary school and need help with how best to. I'm pretty good with dreamweaver but a newbie to CMS vis-a-vos joomla. I've since discovered a good number of CMSes but would like to ask which best serves my purpose considering the modules and plugins that may be needed to make the site all encompassing as a school management system. I'd appreciate help with templates, extensions alongside the tool. References, links, samples all are welcome. Thanks
Re: Best Technology For Developing School Website by iGuru1(m): 5:44pm On Jan 28, 2012
Joomla is good for the job, you can contact me for more details on how you can go about it.
Re: Best Technology For Developing School Website by aycamry(m): 6:06pm On Jan 28, 2012
CMS/Joomla is the best for such project. If you need any help you can contact me on 08183985802
Re: Best Technology For Developing School Website by ProGSM(m): 10:20pm On Jan 28, 2012
joomla is the best, DON'T CONTACT ME!
Re: Best Technology For Developing School Website by frisahost(m): 11:21pm On Jan 28, 2012
i support thos that said joomla, if u not very good in joomla i ca contac me
Re: Best Technology For Developing School Website by geniusng(m): 12:09am On Jan 29, 2012
I'm pretty good with dreamweaver but a newbie to CMS vis-a-vos joomla.

Joomla is good and if you are guru in dreamweaver it is also good. If you are newbie in CMS as you rightly stated, and you don't want to share the pay with any of these guy asking you to contact them, then you better make use of what you have.

True, nobody will help without pay.

Thanks and good luck.
Re: Best Technology For Developing School Website by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 29, 2012
I learnt how to use Joomla through Google.com
Re: Best Technology For Developing School Website by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 29, 2012
I dunno if Joomla is the best or not, but i did about 3 different school portals with drupal. And it was cool.
The thing is, drupal allows you to alter the functionality of any extension directly or indirectly. Atimes, you want a functionality that a module does not support - it is very easy to tweak modules in drupal.
I am very good at using Joomla as well, and i know there are components that are useful in joomla, but i will rather use drupal.

The stuff i am showing you was made with drupal, and it runs on intranet, i made a custom-browser for it with visual basic - so i can hide the network address.

Re: Best Technology For Developing School Website by kodebin(m): 3:44pm On Jan 29, 2012
*dhtml:

I dunno if Joomla is the best or not, but i did about 3 different school portals with drupal. And it was cool.
The thing is, drupal allows you to alter the functionality of any extension directly or indirectly. Atimes, you want a functionality that a module does not support - it is very easy to tweak modules in drupal.
I am very good at using Joomla as well, and i know there are components that are useful in joomla, but i will rather use drupal.

The stuff i am showing you was made with drupal, and it runs on intranet, i made a custom-browser for it with visual basic - so i can hide the network address.

Dhtml Baba, please any ebook(pdf format) to help me with using joomla or drupal, Am good at Dreamweaver and Rawcoding with notepad buh i need to Learn bout CMS, TNX.
Re: Best Technology For Developing School Website by kodebin(m): 3:46pm On Jan 29, 2012
Incase my email is kodebin@gmail.com
Re: Best Technology For Developing School Website by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 29, 2012
I have a 1GB drupal video, i will let u know how to get it
Re: Best Technology For Developing School Website by kodebin(m): 7:11am On Jan 30, 2012
*dhtml:

Patiently Waiting Sir.
Re: Best Technology For Developing School Website by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 30, 2012
As i was posting that reply, i sent you an email na. Oya, blast me an email with that address on support @ . net - title Drupal Video
The email will act as your support ticket.
Re: Best Technology For Developing School Website by databoy247(m): 2:16pm On Jan 30, 2012
*dhtml:

Baba drupal, na your zone be that. grin

(1) (Reply)

Is Dealfish Dead? / Google Pagerank Update August 2, 2012 / Newbie Questions Please Help senior members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.