Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Losing Motivation To Program - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Losing Motivation To Program (841 Views)

Which Training Center Can Someone Learn How To Program Quickly / Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman / Learn How To Program Without Going To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Losing Motivation To Program by DaniBest: 6:00am On Jul 22, 2015
Hello house.....

Iam a self programmer learner(learn programming on my own), iam able to learn html css and a Javascript, from videos online and www.codeacadymic.com, I have come a long way because I have deposited some much time to learn this languages on my own(sometimes it take me weeks just to discover how to go about a little issue - this is because I do it all by myself). I love to code so much, because anytime iam coding I have this feeling of joy, anytime iam able to accomplish a little task of coding it gave me joy, if iam able to produce any little (amateur) website is like I just won a jackpot.

But my problem is this, for like more than one month now, I have loss zeal to continue in my quest to learn programming, at times when I push myself to seat in front of my laptop thinking the zeal will come, I will end up doing something else.

I have completed HTML, CSS, Javascript, task in my codecademy.com page, iam almost through with my PHP before this lack of zeal.

I have always derived my inspiration coming to programming section of nairaland anytime I drifted from my programming quest, but guys this days the inspiration is no longer coming.....

I know alots of self programmers who have suffered this problem are here, please share your thoughts with us so we can learn from you.

Thanks
Re: Losing Motivation To Program by omoelu1(m): 2:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
I understand how you feel and I want you to know that it happens to everybody. but here are two things which I think will be of help to you:
1- look for a project (not too complex). either it be your original idea or copied from somewhere( it doesn't matter). just try to build something that requires you to use most of what you've learnt (and possibly fairly beyond what you already know). by all means, try to complete this task.

2- think about what motivated you into programming in the first place.

I hope that helps. and goodluck

1 Like

Re: Losing Motivation To Program by koyla: 2:22pm On Jul 22, 2015
You should start teaching us o, add me up on WhatsApp +233243199831, we need help, a group can motivate you again.
Re: Losing Motivation To Program by GateKeeper247: 6:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
What is your motivation? Money or the love of the art?
Give this a read by Jeffrey Way
"Got an email from someone feeling overwhelmed with our industry, asking if they should give up. If you're curious…http://d.pr/i/15BSz"
also give a read
http://code.tutsplus.com/articles/the-11-phases-of-a-web-developers-career-as-illustrated-by-memes--net-30840
wish you all the best.!!!
Re: Losing Motivation To Program by Olumyco(m): 6:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
I support omoelu 1 point. Just get a small project to work on. U should also give d project a time frame. This has really been working for me.

Then try to keep company with programmers around ur area or on social media.

Try also to b reading abt programming on Google.

Visit nairaland programming section regularly.

Try also to find some that is interested in programming dat u can teach or mentor. Well ur discretion abt either to do it free or not is needed at this point.
Re: Losing Motivation To Program by DaniBest: 9:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
omoelu1:
I understand how you feel and I want you to know that it happens to everybody. but here are two things which I think will be of help to you:
1- look for a project (not too complex). either it be your original idea or copied from somewhere( it doesn't matter). just try to build something that requires you to use most of what you've learnt (and possibly fairly beyond what you already know). by all means, try to complete this task.
2- think about what motivated you into programming in the first place.
I hope that helps. and goodluck

Thank you sir, I will just do that, I really appreciate
Re: Losing Motivation To Program by DaniBest: 9:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
Olumyco:
I support omoelu 1 point. Just get a small project to work on. U should also give d project a time frame. This has really been working for me.
Then try to keep company with programmers around ur area or on social media.
Try also to b reading abt programming on Google.
Visit nairaland programming section regularly.
Try also to find some that is interested in programming dat u can teach or mentor. Well ur discretion abt either to do it free or not is needed at this point.

Correct, thx
Re: Losing Motivation To Program by DaniBest: 9:28pm On Jul 22, 2015
GateKeeper247:
What is your motivation? Money or the love of the art?
Give this a read by Jeffrey Way
"Got an email from someone feeling overwhelmed with our industry, asking if they should give up. If you're curious…http://d.pr/i/15BSz"
also give a read
http://code.tutsplus.com/articles/the-11-phases-of-a-web-developers-career-as-illustrated-by-memes--net-30840
wish you all the best.!!!

Love for the art sir, that is my motivation

(1) (Reply)

Something For Naija Music Lovers (will You Rock This?) / How To Add A Banner To A Blogger Blog / Programmer/graphics Designer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.