Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,365 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Buhari Discuss Gay Marriage With U.S Lawmakers Not Obama — Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Discuss Gay Marriage With U.S Lawmakers Not Obama — Presidency (848 Views)

Jonathan Meets U.S. Lawmakers; Speaks On Nigerian Christians, Niger Delta / Swearing-in Of Lawmakers Not Constitutional But Ceremonial- Sen. Abe / Presidents Obama And Buhari Discuss Economy [white House Video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Discuss Gay Marriage With U.S Lawmakers Not Obama — Presidency by Fixation: 4:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
Femi Adesina, the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to President Muhammadu Buhari, has clarified that Buhari did not discuss the issue of same sex marriage with President Barrack Obama but with lawmakers from the United States.
Recalled that Adesina had earlier posted on his Twitter handle that “the issue of gay marriage came up here yesterday. PMB was point blank. Sodomy is against the law in Nigeria, and abhorrent to our culture”.
Following reactions from Nigerians that the issue was not on the agenda with the U.S president; Adesina made further clarification that the same sex marriage issue came up at the joint session of Senate and House Committees on Foreign Affairs, not in direct talks with Obama. He added that talks shifted to another matter once Buhari emphatically stated Nigeria’s stand on same sex marriage.
“The same sex marriage issue came up at the joint session of Senate and House Committees on Foreign Affairs, not in direct talks with Obama. Talks shifted to another matter once PMB emphatically stated Nigeria’s stand on same sex marriage. The issue was not pushed,” he noted on his Twitter handle.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/buhari-discuss-gay-marriage-with-u-s-lawmakers-not-obama-presidency/#sthash.eQu8EOUB.dpuf

Re: Buhari Discuss Gay Marriage With U.S Lawmakers Not Obama — Presidency by Fixation: 4:59pm On Jul 22, 2015
If this is true then we really have nothing to fear for..
but again US will keep pressurizing us on this.. cos they see Nigeria as Africa as a whole..just like wat OBAMA said..if nigeria is wrong then the whole africa is wrong.. so if they cn get this unholy act to nigeria trust me the whole africa will be on it..

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Buhari Discuss Gay Marriage With U.S Lawmakers Not Obama — Presidency by henryutd(m): 5:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
Case closed.
Re: Buhari Discuss Gay Marriage With U.S Lawmakers Not Obama — Presidency by PassingShot(m): 5:59pm On Jul 22, 2015
Better it was even with lawmakers at a joint session.

Case closed!
Re: Buhari Discuss Gay Marriage With U.S Lawmakers Not Obama — Presidency by redsconsult(m): 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
imagine screwing a guy like me so disgusting..... i would prefer to even dig hole in the walls and hang my prick inside..... we are with you on this PMB... no amount of US pressure can change our minds. even if the bible or quran is updated to accommodate gay marriages we in Nigeria will resist it.
Re: Buhari Discuss Gay Marriage With U.S Lawmakers Not Obama — Presidency by luvmijeje(f): 6:29pm On Jul 22, 2015
I'm disappointed with the choice of words of Mr President. I expect him to be diplomatic with his refusal.
Re: Buhari Discuss Gay Marriage With U.S Lawmakers Not Obama — Presidency by collinsVP: 7:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
The issue of sodomy will be treated like the issue of sports in Nigeria.

Nigerians will unite to vehemently resist it in all its ramifications and PMB knows.

If there was anything we commonly abhor in Nigeria, sodomy is it.
Re: Buhari Discuss Gay Marriage With U.S Lawmakers Not Obama — Presidency by mrvitalis(m): 9:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
If Nigeria wants to be serious about the gay fight the should pass a bill to imprison people for sodomy not gay marriage
Am no gay but the way Nigerians are acting on this issue makes me wonder if we were in the position of the whites...... ... black people will still be slaves till now
How do Mr A being gay affect Mr B?
And for those of u saying all gay men should be imprisoned or killed just because U DON'T subscribe to there way of finding pleasure.. ... Please what did difference between u and BOKO HARAM
Re: Buhari Discuss Gay Marriage With U.S Lawmakers Not Obama — Presidency by tucky200(m): 9:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
luvmijeje:
I'm disappointed with the choice of words of Mr President. I expect him to be diplomatic with his refusal.

I don't understand u here please
Re: Buhari Discuss Gay Marriage With U.S Lawmakers Not Obama — Presidency by dustmalik: 9:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
luvmijeje:

What on earth are you talking about?

(1) (Reply)

Man Inhumanity To Man.(pix) / Senators Reject SALARY Cut Recommendation By Panel / PHOTOS: Man Sits On High Tension Wires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.