Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,440 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Cost Of Iron Bender And Carpenter - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Iron Bender And Carpenter (6430 Views)

The Cost Of A Room Way Back In 1976 (Photo) / Labour Cost Of Iron Bender And Carpenter / Cost Of Electrical And Carpenter For Decking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Iron Bender And Carpenter by 1591: 9:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
Dear Professional Builders, Architects, Structural Engineers, House Owners,

I am building a (normal) duplex with 5 bedrooms and I asked the Iron bender and Carpenter to give us a quote for the following:

1) All Columns (Pillars) - 48 in total for ground and first floor.
2) All Lintel - Ground and first floor
3) Decking
4) Parapets - Ground and first floor

The Site Engineer reckons it will take the Iron bender 18 working days to complete the assignment above and 19 working days for carpenter. I, as the house owner negotiates with all workmen and tradesmen.

The Iron Bender said his last price for all 4 items below is N450,000 while the Carpenters last price is N380,000. I eel bopth are rip offs and I do not have a lot off money to waste.

Can you experienced professionals kindly let me know if this prices are reasonable or very high.

Any contribution will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Cost Of Iron Bender And Carpenter by akinolaolujide(m): 2:14pm On Oct 11, 2015
hello sir an idea of wat the projects looks like will determine the cost. but i still strongly feel its a bit on the high side. give me an idea of your project and i can help out with the costing
Re: Cost Of Iron Bender And Carpenter by temmy6996(m): 3:01pm On Oct 11, 2015
It's as simple as ABC. As per the iron bender, just give him the job @ 25000 to 27000 naira per tonne. If u r buying 4 tonnes of reinforcement, just multiple by the said amount I gave n u r good to go. For the carpenter, get the square area of the decking and multiple by 500 naira maximum. U can increase or reduce the price per square area of the remaining work depending on ao difficult it will be for the carpenter. But a look @ the project will help get a good negotiation.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can Your Landlord Eject You Without A Written Notice? / Half Plot Of Land With A 2 Bedroom Bungalow For Sale / Home Improvement Diaries By Tigerkenn Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.