Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency (2975 Views)

Corruption: BUHARI gives EFCC Go Ahead to Probe JONATHAN / Why We Can’t Recover Funds Looted By Alison-madueke, Others — Presidency / Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Kcinho(m): 7:13am On Jul 23, 2015
President Muhammadu
Buhari will not extend his
corruption probe beyond
the administration of
former President Goodluck
Jonathan, the presidency
has said.

Mr. Buhari, who is
currently on official visit to
the United States, has
consistently vowed to
investigate and bring to
book, persons who looted
the country’s funds.
The president said on
Tuesday he will arrest and
prosecute past ministers
and other officials who stole
Nigeria’s oil and diverted
government’s money to
personal accounts.

But the Special Adviser on
Media and Public Affairs to
Mr. Buhari, Femi Adesina,
said the president will limit
his anti-corruption war to
the immediate past
administration in the
country.

He said Mr. Buhari will not
waste time in probing the
administrations of former
President Olusegun
Obasanjo, Abdulsalam
Abubakar, Sani Abacha and
Ibrahim Babangida.
He said even before he was
sworn in to office on May
29, the president had
categorically stated that he
would not extend his
corruption probe beyond
the Jonathan government.

“If you recall, that was
already settled before he
got inaugurated as
president. He has said he
will not waste time digging
into the far past,” Mr.
Adesina said.
“The far past will includes
Obasanjo and others. But
the president has said he
will not waste time to go
that far.”

Before leaving office, Mr. Jonathan had
said any probe by the new government
would be seen as a “witch hunt” if it
fails to go beyond his administration.
Speaking on criticisms over President
Buhari’s decision to travel to the U.S.
with his son, Yusuf, the presidential
spokesperson said Mr. Buhari did not
breach any rule.

He said it was a normal practice for
presidents to travel with members of
their families, citing the example of
American presidents who travel abroad
with their wives and children.
“There is absolutely nothing wrong
with the president travelling with one
of his sons. It is an acceptable and
standard practice. He could go with up
to four members of his family.
“Don’t forget that when former
President Bill Clinton visited Nigeria
while he was in office, he came with
his daughter, Chelsea.

“President Barak Obama travels with
his children and so the President of
Nigeria can travel out with three or
four of his children. Late President
Umaru Yar’Adua used to travel with
two of his sons and one of his
grandchildren,” he said.
Mr. Adesina described the outcome of
the president’s official visit to the US as
“a roaring success on every side.”
“There are good returns. It is an
investment that will yield very
handsome returns.”
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/187120-buhari-will-probe-jonathans-govt-only-not-obasanjos-others-presidency.html
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Demmocrats(m): 7:13am On Jul 23, 2015
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by butanep(m): 7:14am On Jul 23, 2015
He must probe all...
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Tundenoni(m): 7:15am On Jul 23, 2015
Wareva
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by princefunmmy(m): 7:16am On Jul 23, 2015
Forget talk, make we see action first
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Princess042(f): 7:16am On Jul 23, 2015
a
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by osizi06(m): 7:17am On Jul 23, 2015
His govt should bi probed nd necessary arrest be made. Nigeria's money cant bi wasted.
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by seunmsg(m): 7:18am On Jul 23, 2015
Great decision. Probing all other administration will be an unnecessary distraction. Beside, Jonathan should have probed his own predecessor if he felt his administration mismanaged the country's resources.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by dekdek: 7:20am On Jul 23, 2015
Good decision.
The money stolen under the nose of Jonah-daft the world acclaimed curse far exceeds all what has been stolen since our independence.
This decision makes perfect sense.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by buskie13(m): 7:25am On Jul 23, 2015
this is just a confirmation that baba-go-slow,duara dullard,retardinho and duIIardinho is really senile... n also partial...wat z he gonna do about OBJ'S govt n all de corruption practices under that govt...will it be swept just under de mat

now we know de duIIard better...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by DankemzI(m): 7:27am On Jul 23, 2015
“The far past will includes Obasanjo and others. But the president has said he will not waste time to go that far.” Before leaving office, Mr. Jonathan had said any probe by the new government would be seen as a “witch hunt” if it fails to go beyond his administration.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Agimor(m): 7:28am On Jul 23, 2015
The wailing wailers will soon descend on this thread.if their messiah was able to probe Obansajo regine sanity would have been restored in the political terrain.ride on PMB.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by dekdek: 7:29am On Jul 23, 2015
buskie13:
this is just a confirmation that baba-go-slow,duara dullard,retardinho and duIIardinho is really senile... n also partial...wat z he gonna do about OBJ'S govt n all de corruption practices under that govt...will it be swept just under de mat

What did Jonah-daft ur god do about it?
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by buskie13(m): 7:29am On Jul 23, 2015
dekdek:
Good decision.
The money stolen under the nose of Jonah-daft the world acclaimed curse far exceeds all what has been stolen since our independence.
I'm sorry to say...but it's like u reason with ur anal orifice...no offence

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by midolian(m): 7:29am On Jul 23, 2015
buskie13:

shaaraaap and stop being a dunce. I don't know when u pple will learn to use ya brain. What stopped GEJ from probing OBJ's government?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 23, 2015
I told you that APC are senseless and bunch of Zombies, they ve hit a snag with this statement because what is Sauce for the goose should be Sauce for the gander

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 23, 2015
i support him on this. Only the last 8years should be probed. it was Jonathan responsibility to probe Obasanjo regime. if jonathan failed to do that, that is Jonathan business.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Fabrolistic: 7:31am On Jul 23, 2015
seunmsg:
Great decision. Probing all other administration will be an unnecessary distraction. Beside, Jonathan should have probed his own predecessor if he felt his administration mismanaged the country's resources.

hmmm, na like this you be?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 23, 2015
midolian:
shaaraaap and stop being a dunce. I don't know when u pple will learn to use ya brain. What stopped GEJ from probing OBJ's government?
I think you do use everything in your head but your brain

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:33am On Jul 23, 2015
The Civil War Military Establishment is the problem of Nigeria.

Refusing to work according to their directives makes you a target.

The corruption in Nigeria was birthed, nurtured and being sustained by them as I speak.

If you agree to front for them, you will have no mountain standing unmoved.

Their tentacles are everywhere in the ministries and every agency of Federal Government.

Don't be fooled, they are the barons tele-guiding movements of Nigeria's stolen wealth.
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Clerverly: 7:34am On Jul 23, 2015
Good Decision, Jonathan had the opportunity to probe Obasanjo and bungled it!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Young03(m): 7:35am On Jul 23, 2015
I smell conspiracy
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by midolian(m): 7:35am On Jul 23, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
I think you do use everything in your head but your brain
na wich mumu man be ds sef? angry
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 23, 2015
dekdek:
Good decision.

i support Buhari on this 100 percent. Only the last 8years should be probed. it was Jonathan responsibility to probe Obasanjo regime. if jonathan failed to do that, that is Jonathan's business.

Time has limit. Buhari is not a creator of time. He has just 4years confirmed tenure. you want him to use it to probe 16years corruption? you must be an enemy of Nigeria. Every good minded Nigeria will support this decision. I am from South South from Edo State. And I support him on this. Even some people from Bayelsa are saying Jonathan should be probed! then who are you to go against it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by BB013(m): 7:35am On Jul 23, 2015

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by dekdek: 7:35am On Jul 23, 2015
buskie13:
I'm sorry to say...but it's like my papa reason with his anal orifice...no offence

Really...................Tell me more fool.
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Themonster: 7:38am On Jul 23, 2015
dekdek:

Buhari is a certified terrorist - Elrufai

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 23, 2015
butanep:
He must probe all...

i support Buhari on this 100 percent. Only the last 8years should be probed. it was Jonathan responsibility to probe Obasanjo regime. if jonathan failed to do that, that is Jonathan's business.

Time has limit. Buhari is not a creator of time. He has just 4years confirmed tenure. you want him to use it to probe 16years corruption? you must be an enemy of Nigeria. Every good minded Nigeria will support this decision. I am from South South from Edo State. And I support him on this. Even some people from Bayelsa are saying Jonathan should be probed! then who are you to go against it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by ddippset(m): 7:39am On Jul 23, 2015
It's buhari's prerogative to choose the limit of his probe. There's not a thing wrong if he decides to probe the immediate regime that handed over to him. That is logic (common sense again). That's never witch-hunting. Infact the witch - hunting would be when he decides to extend it beyond the people who handed over to him. Even in our simple day to day lives, in our work places when a supervisor hands over to a new supervisor, he surely must study the hand over from his predecessor but when the new supervisor begins to ransack older notes, they will tell him what are you looking for? That's the actual witch-hunt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 23, 2015
Young03:
I smell conspiracy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by buskie13(m): 7:40am On Jul 23, 2015
dekdek:

u have to stop thinking with ur anus...try using ur brain pls...it doesn't hurt...

Jonathan didn't witch hunt anyone during his reign...he was so occupied with de progress of this nation...and probing previous govt were to be setbacks...things like probing were to be seen in his second tenure... by then all that needs to be done would've been done perfectly... n then he comes to start probing past govts...

as it is right now....i know an illiterate like u wouldn't understand my point....n I'll advice u to stop being silly by quoting me...
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Young03(m): 7:41am On Jul 23, 2015
Ok watchn in 3D
atbu1983:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opobo: “We Are Igbos” – Dakuku Peterside / EkitiDecides2018: Lere Olayinka Lost Polling Unit At Okemesi / Compare & Contrast: Stella Oduah Forgery Vs Kemi Adeosun Forgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.