Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria (3866 Views)

Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? / What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? / Married Couples: Would You Feel Comfortable Having Sex In Your Parents House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by cococandy(f): 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
Smh.

Stealing from kids?
Onegai:

Precisely. The basic principles are lacking in Nigerian society. No society is perfect but even the basics like Decency, Honesty and Integrity are missing.

At that children's home I volunteered at, I took toys and dolls and gave it to the matron for the kids. For all the months I went there weekly, I never saw any of my gifts with the kids (a co-worker cynically asked me "oh you don't know the matron and her nurses also have children? )

How are you going to fix the mentality that one shouldn't steal from children who already have nothing?
Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by anonimi: 12:35pm On Aug 01, 2015
Onegai:
Precisely. The basic principles are lacking in Nigerian society. No society is perfect but even the basics like Decency, Honesty and Integrity are missing.

At that children's home I volunteered at, I took toys and dolls and gave it to the matron for the kids. For all the months I went there weekly, I never saw any of my gifts with the kids (a co-worker cynically asked me "oh you don't know the matron and her nurses also have children? )

How are you going to fix the mentality that one shouldn't steal from children who already have nothing?

I think we should continue to do the good works we are led to do not minding those discouraging us from doing so. Over time they will see the value and slowly join in.
It would seem the main hindrance is we are too focused on fcvking, eating and feasting our lives away!

The other issue of orientation you raised and stealing from the poor can mainly be addressed through massive education for all our kids and reduced salary DISPARITY between the political jobbers and the real workers.

It can be well with us still.
Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by Slevinkelevra: 11:12am On Oct 16, 2021
youngalex:
With the level of Unemployment,Govt. Disregard for their citizens,Poor Infrastructure and a bleak future in the wake of dwindling oil prices I always imagine what my kids will pass thru when they grow,My friend's wife just gave birth in US and he encouraged me to do same when I marry cos the best gift you can give a child in today's Nigeria is "Dual Citizenship",Is this worth planning for?
I really hope you are out of this hell-hole for good and have married abroad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? / The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin / Am I A Bad Person?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.