Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) (38429 Views)

10-Year-Old Girl Engages In Prostitution In Suleja, Caught With 4 Men / Schoolgirls Recruited Into Prostitution In Calabar (photo) / Nigerian Girls Saved From Prostitution In Ghana, Narrate Their Ordeal (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by Islie: 8:05am On Jul 23, 2015
Six Nigerian women have been sent back to the country from the Burkina Faso where they were allegedly taken to for prostitution by a woman, named Balikis.

While re-uniting the girls with their parents in Ibadan, Oyo State, on Wednesday, the Comptroller of the Nigeria Immigration Service, Oyo State Command, Innocent Akatu, said the girls were tricked to leave Nigeria, adding that the victims did not tell their parents about the journey.

Akatu said the girls refused to engage in prostitution in Ouagadougu, Burkina Fasso, and were locked in a room by the trafficker.

He added that their journey back home after three weeks began when one of them escaped and alerted the Burkinabe police.

He said, “The victims, after being smuggled to Ouagadougou in Burkina Faso, discovered that they were going to be used for prostitution. They were not even told that they were going to Burkina Faso. These girls were told that they would be given lucrative jobs abroad; one of them was told that she was going to manage a jewellery shop owned by her trafficker.

“One of them was taken from her home in Ikorodu, Lagos State, and driven to Saki in Oyo State. When she asked why it had taken them so long to reach the airport, she was told that the plane had left and that they would have to travel by road.

“The Nigerian embassy assisted in arranging emergency travelling documents for them to return to Nigeria after their lucky escape. We have taken them to the hospital for screening and they are HIV negative.”

One of the returnees, Ganiyat Samuel, said she lived with her grandmother in Ikorodu before she embarked on the journey.

She said, “A woman, called Balikis, came to me and said that I would make more money as a fashion designer if I travel outside Nigeria. I told her that I had no passport, but she said that she would take care of it. I did not tell any of my parents.

“When we got to Saki, she said she could not get a passport for me because the office had closed. We travelled for two days to get to Burkina Faso. She took me to her house and told me that I would have to do HIV test. The test revealed that I was pregnant, but HIV negative. She told me that she brought me to the country for prostitution and that I would have to abort the pregnancy. I refused and she locked me in a room. When she brought another Nigerian a week later, I helped the girl to escape and she alerted the police. The police rescued us and arrested the woman.”

Samuel’s mother, Olasunkanmi Afuwape, said her father had died and after she re-married, she took the girl and her brother to live with her mother in Ikorodu.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/nigerian-girls-rescued-from-prostitution-in-burkina-faso/

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by debris: 8:06am On Jul 23, 2015
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by tymoti(m): 8:08am On Jul 23, 2015
hhmm..''blow-job is better than no job''

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 23, 2015
Ashewo work don sweet dis girls sef , see as dem dey pose for picture sef

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by kestolove95(m): 8:20am On Jul 23, 2015
Dem go continue for naija bdat na..home match

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 23, 2015
Wen the cum to Naija, they will still continue.
Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 23, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by StRichard(m): 8:26am On Jul 23, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by Kelvin0(m): 8:26am On Jul 23, 2015
Impatience and greed be leading youths to their early graves....... all this cock and bull stories about how they where deceived into traveling abroad with their traffiker sums up to the aforementioned. IMPATIENCE ....GREED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by mystical109(m): 8:26am On Jul 23, 2015
Hey
Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 23, 2015
Of all places.
Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by Kelvin0(m): 8:27am On Jul 23, 2015
StRichard:
G
G for goat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by ndaman25: 8:27am On Jul 23, 2015
9ja I hail ooo
Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by candidbabe(f): 8:27am On Jul 23, 2015
M
Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by Salex007(m): 8:28am On Jul 23, 2015
When will i make FTC now

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by ZUBY77(m): 8:28am On Jul 23, 2015
Forget all the cheap lie about "They were told that they would have lucrative jobs abroad". That's the standard lie for all of them.
They know where they were going and they knew what they were going to do.

I have covered the routes they take from Nigeria to Libya where they either drown in the Mediterranean Sea or cross over to Lampedusa Island of Southern Italy.

From then on, they turn to Street prostitutes that sleep with men for as low as 10 Euros.

I have seen and rescued tens of them in Europe but unfortunately, this is a war for government not an individual because for every one girl I saved from the street, another 1000 shows up the next day.

If you want first hand information on the routes they take and how they suffer on the road, read my free book - AFRICA TO EUROPE: Journey to Nowhere. The link is
http://www.globalruns.com/category/africa-to-european-countries/

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by NifemiOlu(m): 8:28am On Jul 23, 2015
Good
Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 23, 2015
alright.... so after Dem don collect fat Ogidiga
Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by philfrey08: 8:28am On Jul 23, 2015
I DEDICATE this space to all above me...
Space bookers!

Ibadan gurls.... see posing!
Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by JaypeeAnics(m): 8:28am On Jul 23, 2015
BUHARI caused it.
Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by Johnnoah1st: 8:28am On Jul 23, 2015
BURKINA FASO of all country? where is burkina faso on the world map self?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by jamex93(m): 8:28am On Jul 23, 2015
Wat!

Ashewo oshi
Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 23, 2015
Burkina Faso sef na dem go! Those gals must be from Ibadan or Ekiti State

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 23, 2015
embarassed sad

They even pose for the pix o! shocked undecided
Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by Iamoilprince(m): 8:30am On Jul 23, 2015
omo see posing. Na continuity for naija b dat. lol
Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by williams368(m): 8:30am On Jul 23, 2015
Abeg mk una free them... Na hustle tins..
Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by ekemit(m): 8:30am On Jul 23, 2015
Anyway they should learn from this, so that they will not make future mistake of running to abroad without proper investigation.
Re: Nigerian Girls Rescued From Prostitution In Burkina Faso(photo) by eliwa47(m): 8:31am On Jul 23, 2015
All this one am seeing are enjoying the biz! dem just spoil the biz for dem! Lolz

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Feeds His Dog With His Brother's Manhood After Killing Him / Soldiers Make Man Crawl Inside A Stagnant Water - Pictures / EFCC Arraigns Man Who Hacked Into Server Of A Bank And Steal N68bn(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.