Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,615 members, 7,851,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:15 PM

The Mistake Obama Made While Speaking About Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Mistake Obama Made While Speaking About Nigeria (823 Views)

Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark / Jonathan: Obama Made It Clear He Wanted Change Of Govt In Nigeria / The Mistake Obama Made While Speaking About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mistake Obama Made While Speaking About Nigeria by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 23, 2015
The visit of Buhari is expected to strengthen the bilateral relationship between the U.S.A and Nigeria in many aspects of both countries’ economic agenda.
Buhari’s visit is also an opportunity for Nigeria to seek a firm and committed support of the United States in helping Nigeria curb the excesses of the Boko Haram terrorist group causing havoc in the country.
The buzz that surrounded Buhari’s visit has overshadowed a major goof the U.S president committed while speaking to his counterpart.
Obama had described Nigeria as a country in the eastern part of Africa instead of West Africa while discussing with Buhari.
According to Washington Post, Obama who was speaking to reporters before the meeting commenced said, ”the U.S. hoped to partner with Nigeria so that Nigeria ends up being not only an anchor of prosperity and stability in the eastern part of the continent, but can also be an outstanding role model for developing countries around the world.”
Buhari was accompanied by Professor Adebowale Adefuye, Nigeria’s Ambassador to the United States, and a few members of his delegation from Nigeria to the meeting.

Source:

www.naij.com/493259-the-mistke-obama-made-while-speaking-about-nigeria.html

Cc lalasticlala afam4eva

Re: The Mistake Obama Made While Speaking About Nigeria by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 23, 2015
SLEEPING...

COMMENT LATER...
Re: The Mistake Obama Made While Speaking About Nigeria by TemmyWon(f): 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
Get thee behind me Freemanan
Re: The Mistake Obama Made While Speaking About Nigeria by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 23, 2015
Im still in the kitchen. It will soon be ready... grin
Re: The Mistake Obama Made While Speaking About Nigeria by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 23, 2015
TemmyWon:
Get thee behind me Freemanan
"BEHIND".... Hmmmmmm grin
Re: The Mistake Obama Made While Speaking About Nigeria by Lorddj4real(m): 1:31pm On Jul 23, 2015
Now if this is true, I wonder if American citizens will crucify Obama for the goof?
Re: The Mistake Obama Made While Speaking About Nigeria by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 23, 2015
Freemanan:
shocked Controlx WHERE is your source?
POTUS dey quick vex oh
Breakfast is served! Enjoy!!! gringringrin
Re: The Mistake Obama Made While Speaking About Nigeria by bugzbunny: 1:34pm On Jul 23, 2015
Buhari knows more abt west Germany
Re: The Mistake Obama Made While Speaking About Nigeria by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2015
Lorddj4real:
Now if this is true, I wonder if American citizens will crucify Obama for the goof?
The point is... everyone makes mistake. But when we review how APC and their supporters made so much media noise out of GEJ's little blunders, then u will understand that Buhari is about to get served!
Re: The Mistake Obama Made While Speaking About Nigeria by nicerichard05: 1:39pm On Jul 23, 2015
Ok o.. Anyway today is my Birthday can i get 1000like

1 Like

Re: The Mistake Obama Made While Speaking About Nigeria by agitator: 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2015
nicerichard05:
Ok o.. Anyway today is my Birthday can i get 1000like

The people of the Lower Niger got to unite and fight for their rights.

If you think any meaningful thing would be achieved through protest, then you are on a long thing.

Boro started the struggle he was eliminated. Ikemba tried, he was betrayed. Saro-wiwa raised his voice he was equally eliminated. So who next? it remaining only the Ibibio/Efik, Urhobo and itsekiri. But, the itsekiri were defeated a long time ago even before independence.

Palestinians are fighting for occupation of their land.

South Sudan fought for their land.

The Lower Niger must unite and fight for theirs.

Independence is never won on a platter of gold.

Rise up for freedom or remain a conquered people for ever. They no you can only make noise which doesn't change anything.
Re: The Mistake Obama Made While Speaking About Nigeria by Lorddj4real(m): 11:38am On Aug 06, 2015
ControlX:

The point is... everyone makes mistake. But when we review how APC and their supporters made so much media noise out of GEJ's little blunders, then u will understand that Buhari is about to get served!

Nigeria is an interesting but peculiar nation, It is in Nigeria you are not permitted to make mistakes. Do so at your own peril. PDP or APC or what ever acronym they go by, which of them can one vouch for? Let mistakes be what they are, mistakes, and let us stop crucifying people for mistakes......

(1) (Reply)

OPINION: What's Really Going On Between Okonjo And Obasanjo / How Do You Want Your Enemies To Cry When They Hear Your Success? / Extra Clean American Used Lexus Rx330 In Port Harcourt At A Moderate Rate...pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.