Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Choosing Between Acca And Ican - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Choosing Between Acca And Ican (37474 Views)

Choosing Between Working In Lagos Mainland Or Lagos Island / Choosing Between My Job And Educational Career / Working And Running Masters And ICAN At The Same Time. Is This Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by abouqi(f): 2:06pm On Aug 03, 2015
yorubadelta:
A fair analysis.. you are right.

ACCA is tough and highly intense but more globally recognised.

Your opinion man!
Have you written the two exams before now?
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by haibe(m): 8:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
Cc: sureguy02
sureguy02:

For initial registration - £79
Annual Subscription(to be paid yearly - £83

For Exams in September and December 2015
It depends on the level you are and how quickly you pay

1. Knowledge F1, F2, F3 Early-£71 Standard-£76 Late-£231
2. Skills F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9 Early-£90 Standard-£96 Late-£252
3. Professional P1, P2, P3 and any two from: P4, P5, P6, P7 Early-£103 Standard-£111 Late-£266

For Exemptions: It depends on the number of papers you were exempted from
I saw this for initial rregistration and annual subscription under Nigeria price list as against what is in ur post and the initial prices page on acca website. . Which one will I consider no

Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 03, 2015
haibe:
Cc: sureguy02I saw this for initial rregistration and annual subscription under Nigeria price list as against what is in ur post and the initial prices page on acca website. . Which one will I consider no

Of course the ACCA website is more accurate.

I think they are presently running a promo in Nigeria. That is why the amount for initial registration is less.

ACCA also increase fees annually. The subscription fees will be increased by £2 for 2016. The exam fees i posted are correct for September and December 2015. They might be increased for March and June 2016 attempt.

1 Like

Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by haibe(m): 6:49am On Aug 04, 2015
Thanks bro.. is it possible to register with Synergy for acca or I must do it directly on the Acca website
sureguy02:

Of course the ACCA website is more accurate.

I think they are presently running a promo in Nigeria. That is why the amount for initial registration is less.

ACCA also increase fees annually. The subscription fees will be increased by £2 for 2016. The exam fees i posted are correct for September and December 2015. They might be increased for March and June 2016 attempt.
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by haibe(m): 6:59am On Aug 04, 2015
scoobs:
Do you knw any one who has gotten a job with the certificate? I opted in for it tho I have f8 and f9 to go.
how were u able to fare with the exams.? And do u make ur payments to the site directly or to tutor centres who help in registering? Am just a newbie in this.. Thanks
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 04, 2015
haibe:
Thanks bro.. is it possible to register with Synergy for acca or I must do it directly on the Acca website

You can register by yourself. It's quite easy. Just follow the steps on ACCA website.

You can pay with your master card

1 Like

Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by haibe(m): 7:33am On Aug 04, 2015
sureguy02:

You can register by yourself. It's quite easy. Just follow the steps on ACCA website.

You can pay with your master card
Okay thanks bro.. but won't anything be required of me to submit? Like certificate and all
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 04, 2015
haibe:
Okay thanks bro.. but won't anything be required of me to submit? Like certificate and all

You will need to scan and upload your certificate and some other documents

1 Like

Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by timm1990(m): 8:56am On Aug 04, 2015
Pls ooo, how possible is it to obtain bsc in accounting through ACCA/ICAN...
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by haibe(m): 10:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
sureguy02:

You will need to scan and upload your certificate and some other documents

please check the screenshot... what does the 1st document imply? Also as per the third requirement, I don't have a transcript. . I just have certificate and statement of result.. can this two be used only?

Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
haibe:

please check the screenshot... what does the 1st document imply? Also as per the third requirement, I don't have a transcript. . I just have certificate and statement of result.. can this two be used only?

It means u shd upload proofs of any certification you might have, or anyone u are currently pursuing.

E.g ican or pmp certificate

You don't need to upload your transcript if your school is listed on their website as one of the accredited schools
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by haibe(m): 10:58pm On Aug 04, 2015
sureguy02:

It means u shd upload proofs of any certification you might have, or anyone u are currently pursuing.

E.g ican or pmp certificate
Okay.. since am not doing those. . I can just upload my Bsc certificate right? Or is O level required too?
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
haibe:
Okay.. since am not doing those. . I can just upload my Bsc certificate right? Or is O level required too?

Yeah, o level is required. It's a kind of certification

1 Like

Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by haibe(m): 11:01pm On Aug 04, 2015
sureguy02:

Yeah, o level is required. It's a kind of certification
Okay thanks
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by kweenkong(f): 10:03pm On Aug 05, 2015
Very wonderful thread. Quick question if I want to write the exam through the matured route , that means Ssce what are the stages I am starting from.

thank you.
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 05, 2015
kweenkong:
Very wonderful thread. Quick question if I want to write the exam through the matured route , that means Ssce what are the stages I am starting from.

thank you.

Which are you referring to? ICAN or ACCA?
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by kweenkong(f): 7:43am On Aug 06, 2015
sureguy02:

Which are you referring to? ICAN or ACCA?

I mean ACCA.
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 06, 2015
kweenkong:

I mean ACCA.

You will start from paper F1. You will write a total of 14 papers before you qualify.

Thankfully, there are now 4 sittings in a year. Though candidates are still restricted to writing a maximum of 8 papers in a calendar year(excluding resits)
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by itzlabode(m): 8:16am On Aug 10, 2015
PLS , I STUDIED ECONOMICS, IM ALREADY AWARE I ENTITLED TO EXEMPTION IN F1, BT DO I NEED MY TRANSCRIPT TO ACHIEVE IT, OR MY STATEMENT OF RESULT WOULD DO? #ACCA
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 10, 2015
itzlabode:
PLS , I STUDIED ECONOMICS, IM ALREADY AWARE I ENTITLED TO EXEMPTION IN F1, BT DO I NEED MY TRANSCRIPT TO ACHIEVE IT, OR MY STATEMENT OF RESULT WOULD DO? #ACCA

I believe your statement of result will suffice.

Though it doesn't cost you anything to upload your transcript if you already have it.
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by itzlabode(m): 8:51am On Aug 10, 2015
sureguy02:

Though it doesn't cost you anything to upload your transcript if you already have it.
MY SCHOOL DONT GIVE OUT TRANSCRIPT TO STUDENT
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by haibe(m): 8:54am On Aug 10, 2015
itzlabode:

I uploaded my certificate and statement of result oo... I don't have transcript. . Although they arr yet to verify my details sha
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by haibe(m): 9:01am On Aug 10, 2015
sureguy02:

just to be sure oo.. did I upload this documents in the right places? Especially the one on minimum qualification where I uploaded WAEC

Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 10, 2015
haibe:
just to be sure oo.. did I upload this documents in the right places? Especially the one on minimum qualification where I uploaded WAEC

Yeah you are good to go.

But you could upload your international passport under the proof of identity, just to serve as an additional means of identification.

I believe you know you will need to present either international passport, National ID card or drivers license before they will admit you into the exam hall.
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 10, 2015
itzlabode:

Ok. I didnt also upload my transcript when I applied, and I still got the 4 exemptions usually given to accounting graduates.
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by itzlabode(m): 9:58am On Aug 10, 2015
sureguy02:

Ok. I didnt also upload my transcript when I applied, and I still got the 4 exemptions usually given to accounting graduates.
Thanks bro, i'm applying for next year march, do u know where I can get Materials. Wanna start reading early enuf
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by haibe(m): 11:00am On Aug 10, 2015
sureguy02:

Yeah you are good to go.

But you could upload your international passport under the proof of identity, just to serve as an additional means of identification.

I believe you know you will need to present either international passport, National ID card or drivers license before they will admit you into the exam hall.
wow.. I never knew oo; thanks
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by haibe(m): 8:01am On Aug 14, 2015
Sureguy02 how can I pay for the exemptions online. .? I can't find the due payments under the fees and payments section. .
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by haibe(m): 8:02am On Aug 14, 2015
And I suggest u should create a thread where u can help in trashing some acca questions. . I see say u are a guru
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 14, 2015
haibe:
Sureguy02 how can I pay for the exemptions online. .? I can't find the due payments under the fees and payments section. .
Have you been given student ID number? I think you will have to wait for about three weeks after registration. It is the student ID number you will then use to access MY ACCA to make payments for exams as well as exemption
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by haibe(m): 8:58am On Aug 14, 2015
sureguy02:

Have you been given student ID number? I think you will have to wait for about three weeks after registration. It is the student ID number you will then use to access MY ACCA to make payments for exams as well as exemption
lol.. I have the id number even before I paid for initial reg and exams (I have paid them already).. So I can actually visit MyAcca portal... I just didn't find the due payment for exemptions
Re: Choosing Between Acca And Ican by haibe(m): 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
Also is temporary National id card/driver's license allowed to sit for the exam?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 5 Highest Paying Oil And Gas Companies In Nigeria / PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. / Meet Babatunde Fashola, A Nigerian Software Engineer That Works At Twitter HQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.