Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? (7280 Views)

Sfiso Ncwane Buys Car For Francis Anosike, Nigerian Pastor For Healing Him (pics / Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. / Can A Nigerian Pastor Reject 20 Million Naira Bribe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by agabaI23(m): 1:31am On Mar 15, 2009
Now I cannot vouch for anyman but I think there are people who still have integrity.

Someone here refereed to Kumiyi as a conman - very funny. I am a catholic by the way.

I can say I am 98% sure he will curse you and your bribe. 2 % of because he is human.

By the way why are you giving a pastor bribe? is it for he to bribe God for you?

Again

Akunyili is not a pastor but when she was sent for surgery in the UK with 13,000 pounds, the doctors in the UK ruled out surgery. She came back and refunded the PTF 12,000 pounds after travel expenses. That was what earned her the NAFDAC DG.

Everybody is not money conscious. Integrity! Integrity!

There are still 7000 people in Israel who have not desecrated themselves.

Read tpia's first post
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by Radiant(f): 2:22am On Mar 15, 2009
Who says Dora doesn't take bribe?
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by agabaI23(m): 2:36am On Mar 15, 2009
Radiant:

Who says Dora doesn't take bribe?
May be you have given her before. Why did you have to tempt her? You are as guilty as she is if she collected it from you.
Anyway i gave you a specific example.

If she takes bribe, with the way she fought fake drug barons, I guess she would have been pulled down.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by Radiant(f): 2:52am On Mar 15, 2009
I agree she's 'clean' at her job but not so clean as most people think.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by Jydekris(m): 3:53am On Mar 15, 2009
The key to this question is research. I believe that there are educated people in this forum.
My point is that we should not just theorise and jump into conclusion for we should get facts.
Topic=Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe?
Conclusion=Collected Factual Data probably in form of visuals, Audio, and so on. smiley
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by yousouph(m): 9:40am On Mar 15, 2009
Like some poster ave asked d question "what are u bribing d pastor for" because d money is too much for a bribe on a pastor but we cannot conclude dat all pastors will collect a bribe of any amount because nobody can prove it or is there someone dat knows all d pastors in whole country?
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by seyewest(m): 9:49am On Mar 15, 2009
Why bribe a pastor, for what? a contract? he wont see it as a bribe but as a dash or contribution to the spread of the gospel, even senators can't reject 10million, Ribadu can not reject 10 million cash in 1000 notes, believe me, but I think the former Nafdac DG will think about it and tell the person to come back later and make arrangement for how it will be collected without implicating herself.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by abhosts(m): 10:38am On Mar 15, 2009
Another useless inconsequential thread that is given front page preeminence. Beats me why the admin always targets Sundays to put up stuff like this.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by swizzfix(m): 10:57am On Mar 15, 2009
This is funny. Even Jesus Christ would won't hesitate to take that amount of money but most people (pastors or not) will get rid of the word "bribe" and replace it with sentences/words like " charity,donation,God's promise,miracle,thanksgiving etc to justify or rather satisfy their conscience.For this naija? abeg make una wake up !
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by hisjewel: 11:14am On Mar 15, 2009
10 million is quite massive a bribe bt some pple can still shun it man of God or not,
some men of God wouldnt resist while some would,forget the pastor being a rich one or not,
indiscipline can be found in any wealth status , so its an individual thing,
i can resist the bribe tho, grin
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by otokx(m): 11:41am On Mar 15, 2009
please the poster said N10 BILLION not MILLION; and of course there are pastors that can reject that offer. I suspect the admin is trying to change people's way of looking at "pastors" like men from another planet especially on Sunday when some people go to church and get "charmed", "drugged", "influenced", "voodooed" etc. Then the feeling lasts for the next 2/3 days then you go again for midweek and its not till some time that like the prodigal son you come to yourself and shout "is me be dis".
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by Bobjoe3(m): 11:47am On Mar 15, 2009
pastar, pastor, pastress blah blah blah, wetin this ppl do orna self? make orna no forget ", And do my prophets no harm" thats it. Am done!
tongue
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by rasputinn(m): 2:05pm On Mar 15, 2009
Very stupid question
What cheap points is the OP trying to score.Any pastor worth his name WILL NEVER take a bribe,no matter the amount.They are supposed to be after spiritual and not carnal things.
An Imam? well I dunno about 'em
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by stmanpule(m): 3:24pm On Mar 15, 2009
i can even spend a year in jail because of 10billion naira
http://adebamboontheweb..com
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by cvibe: 3:26pm On Mar 15, 2009
So long as you do not directly call it a bribe, it won't be rejected.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by Edohsamuel(m): 3:43pm On Mar 15, 2009
Ah oleh if u say u will rot in jail 4 10billion b4 u come out d police have gone behind 2 collect and spend.[color=#990000][/color][img][/img] But sha as a reasonable guy i go say poverty no gud at all oh and den___
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by Edohsamuel(m): 3:45pm On Mar 15, 2009
Ah oleh if u say u will rot in jail 4 10billion b4 u come out d police have gone behind 2 collect and spend.[color=#990000][/color][img][/img] But sha as a reasonable guy i go say poverty no gud at all oh and den___
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by Otherwise: 4:06pm On Mar 15, 2009
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ?

the answer is Capital NO, non of them, go up and down even go to hell and come back the answer is still NO, those pastors don't know God and they commit evil than those they call sinners, they like things of the world more than those they call people of the would, ordinary person will be very afraid to use Gods name to lie but those pastors don't give a deem about it, all you hear from them is the lord spoke to me, ask them how, they will lie and lie and lie.

God made every thing with out any body's help, God will never need  those hypocrite help to save mankind, my advice to them is that we knew what they know but what they do not know is that the consequences of cheat with God's name is greater than what they think for cheat has it's price especially when it involved the makers of heaven, earth and beyond.

Why-me-why-not-me
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by Otherwise: 4:18pm On Mar 15, 2009
This is funny. Even Jesus Christ pastors, Imams would won't hesitate to take that amount of money but most people (pastors or not) will get rid of the word "bribe" and replace it with sentences/words like " charity,donation,God's promise,miracle,thanksgiving etc to justify or rather satisfy their conscience.For this naija? abeg make una wake up !

Simple.

Why-me-why-not-me
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by md4real(m): 4:39pm On Mar 15, 2009
why bribe a pastor in the first place? what service can he offer that is worth the amount.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by nich(m): 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2009
wow i aint one, but i believe there are some who have truly seen the light to know that all these things that make 'men' fall are transient: simply passing desires.

my two cents.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by baduks(m): 5:23pm On Mar 15, 2009
I wondered who posted the topic sef, N10bn bribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats not bribe, its as good as sign on bonus. I think Pastor's should be left out of this anyway as there are lots of them that will say NO.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by salvage: 6:04pm On Mar 15, 2009
pls mind wat you say abt men of God.well, watever you call it bribe ramains bribe. am a man of God and i no i dont take and will never take bribe in my life time God helping me,
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by JJYOU: 7:20pm On Mar 15, 2009
rasputinn:

Very stupid question
What cheap points is the OP trying to score.Any pastor worth his name WILL NEVER take a bribe,no matter the amount.They are supposed to be after spiritual and not carnal things.
An Imam? well I dunno about 'em
u wantto get a ban? dont mention that on NL unless you want trouble.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 15, 2009
The simple answer is NO
Most of them already collect bribes that are way lower than a million so 10 billion would be to tempting to let go.
Most of the pastors are frauds anyway. They go about deceiving people on fake miracles and lure people to spend more money in their churches just so they can get PRIVATE JETS and build churches along lekki expwy that are actually bigger than the MALL OF AMERICA.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by yousouph(m): 7:21pm On Mar 15, 2009
Rasputin, why did u say u dont know about d Imam? Are they not men of d cloth like Pastors?
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 15, 2009
@A-town and Otherwise

Are you trying to say there is no single true pastor in all of Nigeria? Watch it, please. I know a pastor who would not take ten billion naira as bribe. Otherwise seems particularly bitter at Nigerian pastors; I wonder why that is. How many Nigerian pastors do you actually know very well that you cast all of them as "worse than those they call sinners?" Do you mean there is no single born-again person in Nigeria?

AND DID SOMEONE INSINUATE THAT JESUS CHRIST WOULD TAKE BRIBE AND GIVE IT SOME OTHER NAME TO PLACATE HIS CONSCIENCE?

Any human being with a proper upbringing that wasn't corrupted by bad company can resist a bribe, no matter how much it is. I can resist a ten billion naira bribe.

Ps 105:15
Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
KJV

Watch what you do, so God's wrath won't fall on you. Believe me, it's not the most exciting experience.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by dgreatrock(m): 8:20pm On Mar 15, 2009
yes. not all nigerian pastors are fake, cut throats or indisciplined.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by toideve(m): 9:50pm On Mar 15, 2009
@banom

the differences between those great men of God and you is simple. the said men have dedicated their lives in serving God Almighty over years. if your a Christian then you'll understand what i mean, i put it to you that their are other hundreds or even thousands if not millions of other pastors or Christians in Nigeria that will REJECT a 10 billion naira bribe.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by toideve(m): 9:54pm On Mar 15, 2009
let's be mindful of what we say about God's Ministers. no one has any right to accuse any Pastor, only God does and we're not God.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 15, 2009
mactao:

@A-town and Otherwise

Are you trying to say there is no single true pastor in all of Nigeria? Watch it, please. I know a pastor who would not take ten billion naira as bribe. Otherwise seems particularly bitter at Nigerian pastors; I wonder why that is. How many Nigerian pastors do you actually know very well that you cast all of them as "worse than those they call sinners?" Do you mean there is no single born-again person in Nigeria?

AND DID SOMEONE INSINUATE THAT JESUS CHRIST WOULD TAKE BRIBE AND GIVE IT SOME OTHER NAME TO PLACATE HIS CONSCIENCE?

Any human being with a proper upbringing that wasn't corrupted by bad company can resist a bribe, no matter how much it is. I can resist a ten billion naira bribe.

Ps 105:15
Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
KJV

Watch what you do, so God's wrath won't fall on you. Believe me, it's not the most exciting experience.

It would do you a lot of good to refrain from posting fallacies!
You can not, and i repeat, You can not SPEAK FOR ANY MAN.
What do you know about this pastor u'r talking about. How do you know the pastor doesnt have skeletons in his closet
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by stanchi(m): 11:11pm On Mar 15, 2009
;d

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist / Solution To Corona Virus (Day 106) / Prayers To Break All Ties Of Incubus And Succubus. And My Own Personal Experienc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.