Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Simple Steps To Stop Divorce And Save Your Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Simple Steps To Stop Divorce And Save Your Marriage (843 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! / Marital Infidelity, Divorce, And The Untold Story Of Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Simple Steps To Stop Divorce And Save Your Marriage by karen100: 5:05pm On Mar 13, 2009
Let's start with the situation where you were the one who made the decision to end the marriage and seek divorce. But now you have realized that you were wrong and you are asking yourself "How do I stop my divorce and save my marriage?"

The good thing is you have admitted to yourself that you were wrong and this puts you in a better position that most people who want to save their marriages. You will have to sincerely apologize to your spouse and tell him/her that you were wrong and that seeking divorce has a hasty decision from your part.

I do realize that it may be a hard thing to do, especially after all the things that you have already said to your spouse. If I had to stop my divorce and save my marriage, I would say to myself that there is no shame to apologize to the one I love, and who loves me too, and tell him/her that I want to have a second chance and save our marriage.

In most cases, you can stop a divorce just by admitting that you were wrong and make it clear that you want to save the relationship.

Now, there may be another situation that it was not you who wanted to end the marriage in the first place. How do you save your marriage in a situation like this one?

Start by talking calmly and explaining to your spouse what you really want and why do you thing your marriage is worth a second chance. You may have done this already and maybe it did not work out too well. it is important to know how to say the things and what are the right things to say at the right time. Yelling, screaming and accusing will not help a bit.

Going through a divorce is not easy, it's extremely painful. It is actually harder to deal with a divorce than saving your relationship.

www.joyfulcouple..com

(1) (Reply)

Twenty Spiritual Weapon Of Warfare Against The Enemy. / Please, Tell Us What U Don't Like About Your Spouse / Biography Of Francis O Ogbeide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.