Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. (2630 Views)

How Goodluck Jonathan's House Was Looted & Vandalised By Police Guards (Pics) / How Goodluck Jonathan Was Almost Stranded Abroad Recently - Dawntodusknews.com / Three Reasons Why NSA Sambo Dansuki Is Under Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by Ugochukwu45: 8:51am On Jul 24, 2015
As a National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki should be taken seriously any time he speaks. He was not an interloper in the previous government. He was a clear choice considered fit by former President Goodluck Jonathan to replace Gen. Andrew Azazi after his demise in a helicopter crash which cause is still unknown two and a half years after.

Having stated the above, the outcome of the 2015 Presidential election made history in more ways than one. Chief of the points is that for the first time in Nigeria’s political history, an incumbent President failed to secure re-election. His political party which was clearly dominant took a quantum backward leap to a struggling minority. What is more interesting is that President Goodluck Jonathan read the hand writing on the wall, perhaps too late though, and threw in the towel before the result was fully announced.

Click the link below for the full story

http://www.homelandnewsng.com/opinion/1561-former-nsa-sambo-dasuki-reveals-how-goodluck-jonathan-created-his-own-failuref

Re: Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 24, 2015
ok
Re: Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by kamair237(m): 8:52am On Jul 24, 2015
is dis man Still talking
Re: Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by TwentySeven: 8:54am On Jul 24, 2015
He's singing a different tune already?
#ChangeIsHere

1 Like

Re: Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 24, 2015
M coming. Taylor86 is coming too as we await Freemanan and Introvert. .Untill then
Re: Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by philfrey08: 8:56am On Jul 24, 2015
Iamsynord:
M coming. Taylor86 is coming too as we await Freemanan and Introvert. .Untill then

Am here also grin
Item7 dey?

1 Like

Re: Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by shogosco: 8:57am On Jul 24, 2015
ABCDEF.....
Re: Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by justhelp(m): 8:57am On Jul 24, 2015
Op pls help to click that link, biko oh!
Re: Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 24, 2015
philfrey08:

Am here also grin Item7 dey?
Item7 dey na MC dey delay us

1 Like

Re: Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by DaBullIT(m): 9:01am On Jul 24, 2015
Ok, So clueless cluelessly destroyed his government with cluelessness

What a shocker

1 Like

Re: Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by DaBullIT(m): 9:01am On Jul 24, 2015

What a shocker

Re: Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by justhelp(m): 9:02am On Jul 24, 2015
shogosco:
ABCDEF.....
Shogo how far longest tym , doroay sey u code
Re: Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by kbams241: 9:12am On Jul 24, 2015
g
Re: Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by shogosco: 9:29am On Jul 24, 2015
justhelp:
Shogo how far longest tym , doroay sey u code
hehe..... big bros. longest tym u no dey area again? cuz I no dey see u na. again I no dey see your green light for nairaland. hope no p?
Re: Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 24, 2015
grin
Iamsynord:
Re: Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by justhelp(m): 10:21am On Jul 24, 2015
shogosco:
hehe..... big bros. longest tym u no dey area again? cuz I no dey see u na. again I no dey see your green light for nairaland. hope no p?
no p, am not using that place again jarey
Re: Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by razid: 10:27am On Jul 24, 2015
Don't know if this will help someone

From Uzonna Ononye, Lagos

As a National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki should be taken seriously any time he speaks. He was not an interloper in the previous government. He was a clear choice considered fit by former President Goodluck Jonathan to replace Gen. Andrew Azazi after his demise in a helicopter crash which cause is still unknown two and a half years after.

Having stated the above, the outcome of the 2015 Presidential election made history in more ways than one. Chief of the points is that for the first time in Nigeria’s political history, an incumbent President failed to secure re-election. His political party which was clearly dominant took a quantum backward leap to a struggling minority. What is more interesting is that President Goodluck Jonathan read the hand writing on the wall, perhaps too late though, and threw in the towel before the result was fully announced.

Now, if the clarifications made by Col. Dasuki on how he had been a long standing admirer of President Muhammadu Buhari as published by the Vanguard Newspaper of Thursday, July 23, can be taken hook line and sinker, then there is now a better understanding of how and why events turned out the way they did. But the question at the end of the day will be, Why did Dr. Goodluck Jonathan fail to see the risk he was taking early enough?

It had remained highly believed that a certain Major Sambo Dasuki was one of the soldiers that took then Major General Muhammadu Buhari out of office through a coup in 1983, December 31. It was believed also that the soldiers subjected Gen Buhari to inhuman treatment including denying him the opportunity of burying his mother. Col Dasuki’s response was “it wasn’t me.”

“I always respect and dignify my seniors and those in positions of authority whether in service or after. Though a young officer, I was reluctant to be among those that arrested him. And I was not. I only met him afterward at Bonny Camp with Lawal Rafindadi. There is no way I could have maltreated him as being alleged in some quarters. I am glad most of the actors are still alive.”

Those who don’t believe this should wait for the next point for enough conviction. The former NSA was against the annulment of the 1993 presidential election which was believed to have been won by MKO Abiola. He and some other officers confronted Late General Sani Abacha over that. What? Sani Abacha and June 12?

“This led to our premature retirement. The persecution that followed forced me into exile, where I teamed up with opposition elements struggling for the return of democracy.” Dasuki said.

Recall that the chief ‘opposition element’ at that time was NADECO whose foreign operations was driven by a certain Sen. Ahmed Bola Tinubu who later became the governor of Lagos state at the return of democracy in 1999. In order words, the former NSA said that he had closely worked with the National leader of the major opposition party, the A.C.N. and later the APC.

The former NSA went further to reveal, according to the Vanguard, how he had campaigned for General Buhari in 2003, 2007 and 2011. He admitted approaching Sen. Bola Tinubu to lobby for a combined ticket between Buhari and Tinubu as President and Vice in an arrangement between the A.C.N. and CPC for the 2011 Presidential election.
According to him, he knelt down to plead with Tinubu in the presence of Bisi Akande

“In the belief that Yoruba and south-westerners are never religious fanatics, especially regarding politics, me and my group suggested that Tinubu should be a running mate to Buhari…When other elements opposed that proposition, Tinubu team therefore recommended a Buhari-Osinbajo ticket. Unfortunately, the ticket failed to stick as Pastor Tunde Bakare was eventually pushed forward by other forces.” Col Dasuki said.

In case anyone is still in doubt of how former President Jonathan nailed his own “presidential coffin”, there is no record anywhere of when and how, Sambo Dasuki had a change of view concerning the man, Muhammadu Buhari. There is no evidence anywhere that his closeness to the National leader of the APC has been dented. And that is the man that adviced Dr. Goodluck Jonathan on security issues including before, during and after the elections. Just last week after his experience in the hands of the DSS, it was widely reported that Col. Dasuki lamented over the treatment he perceived to be unfair “after all I did for the APC to secure their victory.”

Perhaps this oversight or political naivety if you like, is in tandem with Dr. Jonathan’s philosophy that his ambition is not worth anyone’s sweat (blood). If not, how did this come to happen? May be, before the end of time, there will be more revelations on how the greatest enemy to the President who showed that holding on to power at all cost is not genetic to all Africans was himself.
- See more at: http://www.homelandnewsng.com/opinion/1561-former-nsa-sambo-dasuki-reveals-how-goodluck-jonathan-created-his-own-failure#sthash.Iy8SIEJU.dpuf

See more at: http://www.homelandnewsng.com/opinion/1561-former-nsa-sambo-dasuki-reveals-how-goodluck-jonathan-created-his-own-failure
Re: Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by vedaxcool(m): 12:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
grin grin grin The same man that wailers association and taniods defended earnestly?
Re: Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by ellechrystal(f): 12:55pm On Jul 24, 2015
DaBullIT:

What a shocker z

N u cry maggots when Buhari's faults r pointed out. Or wen he is called snail n his other numerous names.
Continue.
Re: Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by omowolewa: 1:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
This 'come and chop' wey sack the food owner.

Abeg, leave GEJ alone and concentrate on DSS invitation
Re: Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Reveals How Goodluck Jonathan Created His Own Failure. by shogosco: 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2015
justhelp:
no p, am not using that place again jarey
Alright bro. u still dey area ba?

(1) (Reply)

We Love Nnamdi Kanu Trump Opens Up / The PDP Dilemma Of Nnamdi Kanu. A Lose Lose Situation. / Buhari Will Not Renew Oil Licenses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.