Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,525 members, 7,823,284 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear (459 Views)

My Son Won't Let Me Get Any Action / Should I Help Her Or Chase Her Out Of My House? / How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear by thelish(f): 10:47am On Jul 24, 2015
please, how can I help my 4yrs old son overcome fear?. He seems to be very free outside, but keeps to himself at home. Before his holiday, I went to his school to confront them, because he couldn't answer a question from his book, but my son fall my hand right there. he was reading all what he refused to read at home. pls I need help. he seems to lack self confidence. I tried to reduce my shouting at him in order to draw him close to myself, but there is still no improvement yet.
Thanks
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear by delishpot: 10:57am On Jul 24, 2015
Maybe you always pick out his faults instead of commebding the right things he does?
Many kids will not attempt some things in front of their nagging parents to avoid wahala. Cos if they do the thing wrong or make any mistake the parent turns it into a big war. So the kids avoid that wahala.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear by Leopantro: 11:19am On Jul 24, 2015
First of all, you have been shouting at him, degrading his self confidence. You forget he is a child; the degree of insult you give to an adult can and has caused great damage to him. He no longer feels secure around you as evidence by his being himself outside and withdrawing into his shell when he's with you. You caused the problem.
Good thing is you have identified the issue.
My opinion (I'm not a child expert and you need not heed it) is for you to withdraw yourself a bit from him. Not your love but your presence. Get other children or relatives to shower him persistently with love. Let him feel himself with them and with his home. Gradually, reintroduce yourself back. Never shout or ridicule him for some time while he is recovering psychologically because at that critical age what you do to him will determine the kind of individual he will become.
Once again this is just my opinion, you need not heed

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear by Feranchek(m): 11:28am On Jul 24, 2015
Lalasticlala, someone needs Nigerians help o0o0!!
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 24, 2015
maybe you were too hard on him at the initial stage.

(1) (Reply)

Http://classicfans..in/2015/10/love-making-with-my-husband-no-longer.htm / Is It Mandatory Everything Must Be On Nairaland? / Does Your Husband Complain About Your Cooking? Share Your Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.