Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,041 members, 7,821,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) (4701 Views)

Badagry Farmers Dance While Hanging On Bamboo Stick (Photos, Video) / Sagamu Catfish Farmers Record Huge Loss. / Catfish Farmers; Nigeria Spends N100bn On Imported Fish Annually! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by Yommiefish(m): 11:45am On Jul 24, 2015
When it comes to fish farming, your choice of pond is of essence. The following are types of ponds at affordable rate that you can choose from for your business or leisure. Surely, you'll have no further excuse for not starting your catfish; either as a business or as a hobby. We have the earthen, concrete, mobile\collapsible, wooden, bamboo etc.

Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by Yommiefish(m): 11:49am On Jul 24, 2015
More..

Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by Yommiefish(m): 11:57am On Jul 24, 2015
You Choose.

Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by delishpot: 11:59am On Jul 24, 2015
Wow. Nice one.
Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by bamdexfarms(m): 6:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
What is the cost of a collapsible pond that can breed 1000 fishes from juvenile to melange?
Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by Yommiefish(m): 8:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
bamdexfarms:
What is the cost of a collapsible pond that can breed 1000 fishes from juvenile to melange?
try and call me sir
Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by AreaFada2: 8:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
Yommiefish:
try and call me sir

Sir, here's a place to share info. Please state the prices here openly and let others benefit.

@Yommifish,

Who made this request?

"We" here mean Myself & Ihustler who seconded my request and most likely many other silent NLers that don't necessarily comment. I was silent for many years before I even signed to NL.

2 Likes

Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by ihustler(m): 12:04am On Jul 25, 2015
AreaFada2:

Sir, here's a place to share info. Please state the prices here openly and let others benefit.

I support your submission!

1 Like

Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by Buddhar(m): 6:34am On Jul 25, 2015
Pls d black tapoulene pond rears how many catfish to table size and like how much will construct a single 2000 fishes capacity concrete pond stating d dimensions. Tanks for your contribution.
Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by Yommiefish(m): 7:56pm On Jul 25, 2015
Buddhar:
Pls d black tapoulene pond rears how many catfish to table size and like how much will construct a single 2000 fishes capacity concrete pond stating d dimensions. Tanks for your contribution.
I will not support a single pond to raise 2000 fishes. Tis a way too risky. Where you have enough water 3 '10'X'10' is good for you.
Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by azeezdawodu: 12:27am On Jul 27, 2015
Hello All,

I just need some questions answered in regards to catfish.

What size is fingerling?
What size is juvenile?
How to measure the daily feed for 1000 fingerlings and juveniles? I need to know the grams to feed twice daily.
cost of purchasing 1,000 juveniles and fingerlings?
Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by Yommiefish(m): 3:31pm On Jul 27, 2015
azeezdawodu:
Hello All,

I just need some questions answered in regards to catfish.

What size is fingerling?
What size is juvenile?
How to measure the daily feed for 1000 fingerlings and juveniles? I need to know the grams to feed twice daily.
cost of purchasing 1,000 juveniles and fingerlings?
cost of juveniles ranges from #15-#30, fingerlings is about 1gram weight while juveniles is about 10gram and more. Have answered few of your questions on my blog. Do well to check: www.catfishplus.
Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by rabzy: 2:02pm On Jul 28, 2015
How much is the pond the guy is standing by and whats the size and also the pond surrounded by those corrugated roofing sheet.
Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by Yommiefish(m): 8:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
rabzy:
How much is the pond the guy is standing by and whats the size and also the pond surrounded by those corrugated roofing sheet.
the black is '10'X'15' and is between 80-90k
Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by dokyOloye: 1:11am On Jul 30, 2015
What is d advantage of d tarpaulin pond over d concrete pond and vice versa?

1 Like

Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by Olory: 3:03am On Jul 30, 2015
What's the advantage of a tarpaulin pond over the brick pond?
Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by AreaFada2: 9:01am On Jul 30, 2015
Our friend the poster doesn't think we are worth giving quotation to openly. People have to be wary of those who cannot disclose basic information. It's not only suspicious, it's also unprofessional. I have dealt with some here on NL before.

2 Likes

Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by millhouse: 10:41am On Jul 30, 2015
sdr
Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by Yommiefish(m): 11:47am On Jul 30, 2015
Olory:
What's the advantage of a tarpaulin pond over the brick pond?
Basically, tarpoline is tranferable, unlike the concrete pond.

1 Like

Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by Yommiefish(m): 11:51am On Jul 30, 2015
AreaFada2:
Our friend the poster doesn't think we are worth giving quotation to openly. People have to be wary of those who cannot disclose basic information. It's not only suspicious, it's also unprofessional. I have dealt with some here on NL before.
who are the 'we'? And by the way, you've not asked any question from me.
Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by Yommiefish(m): 10:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
AreaFada2:

@Yommifish,

Who made this request?

"We" here mean Myself & Ihustler who seconded my request and mostly likely many other silent NLers that don't necessarily comment. I was silent for many years before I even signed to NL.
Thanks for your comments. I quite appreciate you.
Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:14am On Aug 21, 2015
Yommiefish:
Thanks for your comments. I quite appreciate you.

1)What's the cost of tarpaulin pond that can raise at least 1000 fingerlings or even juveniles to maturity?...

2)What's the cost implication of raising like 5000 fingerlings or juveniles to maturity both in terms of pond & feeding?...

3)Can earthen ponds be improvised?...As in built outside the normal sea or river or lagoon or swamp side

thanks
Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by Yommiefish(m): 7:53am On Aug 21, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

1)What's the cost of tarpaulin pond that can raise at least 1000 fingerlings or even juveniles to maturity?...

2)What's the cost implication of raising like 5000 fingerlings or juveniles to maturity both in terms of pond & feeding?...

3)Can earthen ponds be improvised?...As in built outside the normal sea or river or lagoon or swamp side

thanks
T#1 The Cost is between 80k - 90k

#2. In terms of pond - you multiply the cost above by 5. I.e You will need 5 of the pond I mentioned. And on Feeding, Using 1:1 as our FCR- You will need a kg of feed per fish to attain minimum 1kg weight of fish( All things been equal). A bag of feed(imported) is about 4500-5500. This gives you about #300-#350 to produce 1kg fish. To produce 5000 therefore multiply 300 or 350 by 5000 plus your cost of ponds

#3. Depending on your soil texture sir. But even at a dependable texture you will still require steady supply of water to make up for leakages that will arise from time to time. Alternative you can use a semi-earthen(This is d only close substitute for earthen.
Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:46am On Aug 21, 2015
Yommiefish:
T#1 The Cost is between 80k - 90k

#2. In terms of pond - you multiply the cost above by 5. I.e You will need 5 of the pond I mentioned. And on Feeding, Using 1:1 as our FCR- You will need a kg of feed per fish to attain minimum 1kg weight of fish( All things been equal). A bag of feed(imported) is about 4500-5500. This gives you about #300-#350 to produce 1kg fish. To produce 5000 therefore multiply 300 or 350 by 5000 plus your cost of ponds

#3. Depending on your soil texture sir. But even at a dependable texture you will still require steady supply of water to make up for leakages that will arise from time to time. Alternative you can use a semi-earthen(This is d only close substitute for earthen.

thanks so much...which one is semi earthen pond?
Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by excess4luv: 12:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
plz Op can 15k monthly budget on feeding alone carry 1000 cats from fingerlings for three months, if yes how much will the subsequent months consume. if no how much will one need for feeding alone monthly for three months......
thankx as i await ur response.
Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by Yommiefish(m): 12:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

thanks so much...which one is semi earthen pond?
Semi-earthen is a form Earthen pond, but the only difference is that it is plastered.
Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:02pm On Aug 21, 2015
Yommiefish:
Semi-earthen is a form Earthen pond, but the only difference is that it is plastered.

Can you add more details probably with picture and cost implications plz Sir...?
Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by 123papas(m): 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
Yommiefish:
T And on Feeding, Using 1:1 as our FCR- You will need a kg of feed per fish to attain minimum 1kg weight of fish( All things been equal).

Yommiefish, I appreciate your information but this your 1:1 FCR; I doubt it. I am not a fish breeder but as per the 2nd law of thermodynamics, you cannot have a 100% efficient physical system. how can 1kg of feed produce 1kg of fish. Fish will poop, move around etc
Re: Catfish Farmers: Which Would You Choose (snapshots) by Yommiefish(m): 8:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
123papas:

Yommiefish, I appreciate your information but this your 1:1 FCR; I doubt it. I am not a fish breeder but as per the 2nd law of thermodynamics, you cannot have a 100% efficient physical system. how can 1kg of feed produce 1kg of fish. Fish will poop, move around etc
. This is why I added 'all things being equal'. There are some feeds brand that claim such, but other factors are inclusive, management, quality of fish etc.

(1) (Reply)

Egg Powder Making Machine / Spicy And Tasty Kuli Kuli Available Here / Coffee Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.