Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

“I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari (28326 Views)

I Won’t Marginalise Any Part Of The Country- President Buhari Says / No Room For Full Sharia Implementation In Nigeria – Buhari / With Cabinet, Nigeria's Buhari Puts Party Before Reforms -REUTERS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by StOla: 1:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
Berrymoss:
Buhari is confusing my head. His utterances r just too contradictory.

It is the same utterance as the one that has been deliberately propagated by his critics.
This is just the full remarks that captures what the true message was.
Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by taharqa: 1:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
NaijaFutbol:
We get it

[size=14pt]Their Constitutional Rights Will get to Them but I will Treat those that voted for me Preferentially [/size]

We have ears and do not need the interviewer to translate like what transpired in the video or OP like you to tell us what he meant

GOD bless you!!!

1 Like

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by StOla: 1:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
kayo80:
Hmm! I am a Buhari supported but I didn't support his earlier statement concerning this sensitive issue. He should forget the past and just rule all equally and shame his doubters from on region of the country.

It is the same utterance as the one that has been deliberately propagated by his critics.
Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by StOla: 1:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
Vivalavida99:
undecided

Damage control lol cheesy

We should learn to choose our words carefully, as we can hurt, and mislead others. Words...can't be taken back, once you give them away. Harsh words are like bullets: no matter what, they can still leave a painful injury. And sometimes, a sorry is not enough to heal the wounds you leave.

There's no need for an apology here.

This is just the full remarks that captures what the true message was, not the one that was deliberately terminated at the point to send an unintended message.
Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by viktor01(m): 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
Meiji:
My own issue with that video is the fact that someone had to explain "inclusive governance" to him. Na that one still dey pepper me for body.

HAHAHAHAHA. U NO WELL.EVEN ME NO KNOW WETIN THAT ONE MEAN O

1 Like

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by kayo80(m): 1:47pm On Jul 24, 2015
StOla:

I just watched the video...Now I get BABA. Please, I urge people to watch the video before they fully condemn him. By the way, this is the transcribed version.

"PMB: Er yes, erm I hope you have a copy of the election results. Literally, constituencies for example, that gave me 97 percent cannot in all honesty be treated, on some issues, with constituencies that gave me 5 percent. I think this is a political reality. While certainly there will be justice for everybody, everybody will get his constitutional rights, but where the party and constituencies that by their sheer work, they made sure that they got their people to vote and to ensure that their votes count, they must feel that the government has appreciated the effort they put in putting the government in place. I think this is really fair in delivering.

By the constitution, no state can be excluded from government. So there is no way, even if I want to show gratitude to those constituencies that heavily voted for me against those that didn't even vote for me. They have the protection of the government and I made an undertaking that I belong to everybody and belong to nobody. If I come clearly and show and marginalise a certain group because they didn't vote for me, then I have already contradicted myself and I am sure people would be too quick to pick that against me."
Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by StOla: 1:49pm On Jul 24, 2015
kayo80:

I just watched the video...Now I get BABA. Please, I urge people to watch the video before they fully condemn him. By the way, this is the transcribed version.

"PMB: Er yes, erm I hope you have a copy of the election results. Literally, constituencies for example, that gave me 97 percent cannot in all honesty be treated, on some issues, with constituencies that gave me 5 percent. I think this is a political reality. While certainly there will be justice for everybody, everybody will get his constitutional rights, but where the party and constituencies that by their sheer work, they made sure that they got their people to vote and to ensure that their votes count, they must feel that the government has appreciated the effort they put in putting the government in place. I think this is really fair in delivering.

By the constitution, no state can be excluded from government. So there is no way, even if I want to show gratitude to those constituencies that heavily voted for me against those that didn't even vote for me. They have the protection of the government and I made an undertaking that I belong to everybody and belong to nobody. If I come clearly and show and marginalise a certain group because they didn't vote for me, then I have already contradicted myself and I am sure people would be too quick to pick that against me."

PDP had vowed to function as opposition solely on propaganda.
Beware of the tales you read online.

1 Like

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 24, 2015
redsconsult:
PMB will change Nigeria for good . Nigeria will be great again. it will be country to rule africa in few years to come and the world soon. PMB my only fear is in 2019 if all your effort will not be grounded again by some useless cabals and thieves.

Happy dreaming, I pray you wake up before it's too late.

Lead africa ke, lead africa ni.

2 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by viktor01(m): 1:51pm On Jul 24, 2015
onatisi:
Since this grandpa began the president ,hardly a week goes by without him contradicting himself. That only shows and proves his confused state of mind about the nation and how to govern as a civilian president .

when patience said that this man was too old to rule Nigeria, people almost ate her alive and now, the reality of that saying is hitting on us.

2 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by onatisi(m): 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2015
kayo80:

oga ,buhari is the president of nigeria ,irrespective of which political party or tribe he belongs to. There was absolutely reason for him to even mention and 97% or 5% trash. The simple thing he should have said ,he will make sure the whole nation feels and gets the dividends of democracy. He made this silly mistake again when he was mentioning the name of his political party ! For pete sake he is the leader of the whole nation and father of all. His statements shows his real heart intents and objectives . He should know that every single word he said should be carefully selected. Now so because the north voted for him that is why they are getting all the postings He should have guarded his comments more cautiously . The truth is this issue won't go away .just wait and see

2 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by kenny987(f): 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:
Ibos can go to hell.
I wonder why they should be expecting a "brain dead" person not to marginalize them.
They didnt sow right, yet they want to reap right? Instead they sowed hatred, they should reap calamity. Baba shouldnt allow these fools that dont even want him to succeed from the beginning to bully him.
Hopeless bigots.
I understand that there are exceptions though.

What do u mean by sowing and reaping? Do we have just one political party in Nigeria? Why should anyone be treated differently because they made their political choices? It is a competition at election times and there must be alternatives. I haven't seen anyone criticise those that gave KOWA and other parties the few votes they got! There must also be opposition at all times. That doesn't mean anyone should be discriminated against because we are all entitled to equal representation n rights as preserved by the constitution.

The implication of his statement is that certain regions will only get what they are constitutionally entitled to because he can't avoid it but even there he will give his 97% constituency preferential treatment! Even if that is the status quo you don't come all out to say it! That's why there's something called tact or diplomacy because this is a democracy n not military rule! This statement is heavier than he knows and soon...

U know, the civilised way of doing things is by providing balanced and forthright leadership so as to convince those who obviously oppose u that u are a better alternative and by the next polls you should see a more improved support base in areas that didn't support u before. It's certainly not by lording it over them and trying to force your supposed victory down their throats. You only prove dem right for not voting u in the first place. The APC may have the supposed majority but it is a major indictment that specific areas obviously don't believe in them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by onatisi(m): 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2015
viktor01:

when patience said that this man was too old to rule Nigeria, people almost ate her alive and now, the reality of that saying is hitting on us.
we warned niggerians about buhari but the hatred against gej beclouded ppl sense of reasoning. Atiku would have made a better president. But now we are stuck with a 73years old goro chewing grandpa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by BankeSmalls(f): 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
Berrymoss:
Buhari is confusing my head. His utterances r just too contradictory.

This one na parrot president grin

3 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
He has spoken his mind before his retraction, Imagine a GEJ said * I will be happy if we have ND as an independent country* and in that same time retract and explain that statement, what do you think will happen on social media in the next seconds.
My Dear, it is on record that Buhari has made a bigoted statement that is unworthy of his office

5 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by BankeSmalls(f): 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2015
onatisi:
we warned niggerians about buhari but the hatred against gej beclouded ppl sense of reasoning. Atiku would have made a better president. But now we are stuck with a 73years old goro chewing grandpa

Nigerians are very good at only one thing, we are the undisputed world champions when it comes to selecting bad leaders. grin

4 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Atlantian: 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
Listening to Buhari speak makes me feel ashamed how we went this low.

3 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by BankeSmalls(f): 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
barcanista:
My Dear, it is on record that Buhari has made a bigoted statement that is unworthy of his office

This president has contradicted himself more that 5 times and his administration is yet to start, comedy central. This government go sweet pass Sugar grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by BankeSmalls(f): 2:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
Atlantian:
Listening to Buhari speak makes me feel ashamed how we went this low.

Everyone that ever supported Buhari as a president should be arrested and flogged grin

4 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by christinie(f): 2:11pm On Jul 24, 2015
dustydee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paLHi4ieE7A

u better keep your words you highly tribalised man with Northern agenda.

3 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 24, 2015
I watched that video and I know what I heard. All these attempts at damage control won't change a thing. Whether he meant what he said OR it was a premeditated answer I couldn't tell but one thing is certain: almost every person from the SS/SE couldn't have been surprised at his words.

With every passing moment it's becoming clearer that this nation has a date with truth. It must address all the undercurrents pulling this nation in different directions.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by BankeSmalls(f): 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
The cat is out of the bag Bubu, no need to deny. When the shaiit hits the fan, dont bother to duck grin

3 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Ugik(m): 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
Dnt really understand buhari anymore..he should know that he occupies the biggest political office in nigeria.with certain key players and observerd lurking around and trying to get hold of any provocative statement he makes,he should have that presidential enigma to knw when and how to talkelse hebrings ridicule and embarrasment to his office.

1 Like

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by ArodewilliamsT: 2:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:
[s][/s]

[s]Goon, i say it as it is. I see a shovel and call it one and not agricultural equipment. If in the process u and ur kind feel offended then to hell with u all. By the way, are u also Ibo?[/s]

You remind me of the yoruba bas.tar.d i knocked out his teeth 2 decades ago. Full of hot air, not a single fibre of mental strenght. Lord help you i come across an imp like you in real life again. You'll take some hard knocks and run away screaming "mummy, Mummy". Stinking and Cowardly yoloba cretin. Naff off!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by amazingspiderma: 2:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
God bless someone for been prefential.
Clap for yourself.

taharqa:

GOD bless you!!!

1 Like

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by onatisi(m): 2:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
BankeSmalls:

This president has contradicted himself more that 5 times and his administration is yet to start, comedy central. This government go sweet pass Sugar grin
5 ke ? You are not counting properly ,it is now almost 10 times . Just yesterday they even changed a statement within 24hrs

2 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by scachy(m): 2:19pm On Jul 24, 2015
aguiyi:
mad people.

you quickly pushed this thread to the front page to douse the tension the other is already generating. dont worry yourselves, the message was well received by those it was directed at.

Last week, OBJ said the people of Niger Delta will surfer for the actions or in-actions of GEJ in office, few days later, daura-dullard has said something in the same direction and someone is telling me about context.

Cowards will always be cowards no matter what cos it runs in the blood.

can you also deny that he was asking someone during that interview what an inclusive govt is

Well spoken my leanerd Nairalander.it's obvious on these that arranged for this mess that de had succeeded in Installing a semi-illiterate as President.

Anybody can be a military head of state but certainly not democratically elected president

2 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 24, 2015
jmoore:
This topic is a foolish one. Buhari is talking out from both sides of his mouth. Is he really confused?

All these fanatics asslickers that can't call a spade a spade.

He's never confused. He knows his hidden plans too well to be confused.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by onatisi(m): 2:22pm On Jul 24, 2015
BankeSmalls:

Everyone that ever supported Buhari as a president should be arrested and flogged grin
even apc has stopped defending buhari , his mistakes are becoming increasingly indefensible and irritating. Eg all nigeria peoples congress grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Candyrain(m): 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2015
dearpreye:
I watched that video and I know what I heard. All these attempts at damage control won't change a thing. Whether he meant what he said OR it was a premeditated answer I couldn't tell but one thing is certain: almost every person from the SS/SE couldn't have been surprised at his words.

With every passing moment it's becoming clearer that this nation has a date with truth. It must address all the undercurrents pulling this nation in different directions.

#NigeriaHasADateWithTruth

2 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by monex(m): 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2015
firstEVA:
how so? Where did he say he would marginalise anyone before?

my opinion:

he gave two contradictory remarks.

he first part clearly showed marginalisation. i suspect he was just trying to be a politician and appease groups that campaigned for him. on realising the implications of the first statement, he corrected (or at least tried to) it with the second part.

this thread and the former thread just took excerpts of the interview that helps their argument. the full video will tell you there were two contradictory parts.

i think PMB should just get down to business and work. he cannot please everyone. PDP apologists will always wail/complain no matter what he says/do. for me GEJ's first mistake was the indecision from trying to please everyone.
Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by amazingspiderma: 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2015
Was it cooked up by any press or poilitical affliliation.
OR you don't know the meaning of propaganda.

StOla:

PDP had vowed to function as opposition solely on propaganda.
Beware of the tales you read online.

2 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 24, 2015
Candyrain:

#NigeriaHasADateWithTruth
Bro, the picture picture is worrisome. And the worst is, it's the wealth form the SS that gave BUBU that shall be used to sponsor the developmental programmes of such zones like the NW, NE and NC, which contribute almost nothing to the FG! Madness.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ahmed Yusufa: Islamic Scholar In Minna Appeals To Peter Obi For Borehole (video) / Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 / Yul Edochie Meets Ralph Uwazuruike, 'The Supreme Leader Of Biafra' (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.