Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,240 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

What Makes A True Friend? - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / What Makes A True Friend? (7859 Views)

True Friend / What Makes Me: Me? / What Makes A Man Cry To Drop And Smile To Carry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes A True Friend? by damygurl(f): 10:58pm On Oct 22, 2005
What do you guys think make someone a true/best friend?

To my best friends:
You are my bestest friendz
The good times never end
When you guyz are around
I never feel down
You guyz r always by my side
Never left me high and dry
And you never will
You're here with me still
You are My Best Friends!
Re: What Makes A True Friend? by layi(m): 12:53pm On Oct 23, 2005
A true friend is someone who you should be able to trust with your secrets and someone who wouldn't betray you even at the point of death. Truth is that finding such a friend is hard.

I know such people exist. I heard a case of the lady in USA who survived a lion attack because of her friend. This friend held on to her leg while the lion tear her face off and was trying to take her away but the friend would not allow that as she pulled. That to me is the definition of a true friend. Any other person would "take off". Lion ke?

Anyway I have friends but i doubt if any would qualify as a true friend. If they could take my phone and deny.
Re: What Makes A True Friend? by adesodgi(m): 12:57pm On Oct 23, 2005
Layi that's sad.

To me, a true friend is someone I can rely on in hard times, and am proud to say I have a true friend. Someone who's always there when I call for help.

His name is Jesus. That's the only person I can call a true friend because he his the truth. All other ones are just friends I have swell time with, not the true ones.
Re: What Makes A True Friend? by Scorpio(f): 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2006
True friends are hard to find, no doubt. i only got one n i thank God for her..don't get me wrong tho, me luvs all my new friends n i would luv to get to that level with them..but sometimes the person u've got history with is the one u get more attached to!
Re: What Makes A True Friend? by nicetohave(m): 6:06pm On Jan 10, 2006
Loyalty....nothing makes a friend than being loyal
Re: What Makes A True Friend? by Seun(m): 7:59pm On Nov 17, 2006
I agree. So many "friends" don't have the slightest hint of loyalty.
Re: What Makes A True Friend? by RuuDie(m): 3:51pm On Dec 05, 2006
damygurl,

if that's s'posed 2 be a poem then u gotta review , i dig d whole concept & i can feel the flow of emotions; where it's emanating from & where it's possibly being directed @ , but it almost has no form , at some point u wanted to rhyme then threw out the window. even though poetry is free-form in terms of language, urs is kinda inconsistent , although i like ur creativity in inventin some of ur own words!

just an observation , pls take no offense!
Re: What Makes A True Friend? by chichimma(f): 1:55am On Dec 14, 2006
The concept best friends I have thrown out of the window since last two years. I thought something like that existed until my so called best friend of 14 years showed her true feelings towards me which was/is envy, jealousy and backstabbing behavior. I then knew there is no such thing like best friends except Jesus and me, myself and I. There is a poem I wrote her a few years ago when we had a big fight before the actual end of our friendship. I am looking for it so that I can post it on a new topic: "there is no such thing as best friends" soon!!!!!!

Anyway, I have people I can call my friends and it is a thing of give and take! Someone that accepts you the way you are and you can be yourself without being judged. I think that is important in a friendship. A friend that is there for you in bad times and to enjoy the good times. It is the thought and the heart of the friend that counts which you can mostly determine by action, compassion, interests in your things, respect, understanding and other things.
Re: What Makes A True Friend? by franc1982(m): 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2006
What else but a heart made of understanding.
That kind sees the lie in ur eyes when nobody does,
Of course, through thick n thin.
My little dog, Billy.
Late Billy was an angel,
At least, I've experienced true friendship. sad
Re: What Makes A True Friend? by spoilt(f): 4:16am On May 29, 2007
a true friend sticks closer than a brother.
it has been said that good friends are for bad times. when things are rosy and cool of course you'll have friends. of course you will. but when things go bad for you, will those people be in your corner? will they be ready to stand up for you and take blows ( physical and verbal) on your behalf?

i went through a really dark period in my life when i needed my friends badly to be around. not just for the sake of having friends but for real. not many represented. it has affected my friendship with them till date.

i dont joke with friendship. im the kind that will stick my neck out for a true friend. im that type.
Re: What Makes A True Friend? by smurf1(f): 5:46pm On Feb 16, 2009
spoilt:

a true friend sticks closer than a brother.
it has been said that good friends are for bad times. when things are rosy and cool of course you'll have friends. of course you will. but when things go bad for you, will those people be in your corner? will they be ready to stand up for you and take blows ( physical and verbal) on your behalf?

i went through a really dark period in my life when i needed my friends badly to be around. not just for the sake of having friends but for real. not many represented. it has affected my friendship with them till date.

i dont joke with friendship. im the kind that will stick my neck out for a true friend. im that type.

Spot on! cool

(1) (Reply)

Haunt Me / Murder Of Violencehood / Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.