Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian (1990 Views)

Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God / Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. / My Greatest Misconception Of Atheism/Skepticism Or Freedom From Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by chizidgreat(m): 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
Have you ever seen someone dressed in long apparels to cover all form of unclothedness? There is that dress code that forbids earrings, necklaces and even braided hair to portray Godly religion. Well, that’s not all wrong but they are not the requirements for heaven as I earlier thought.
There is simply a difference between Christianity as A religion and Christianity as a reality
It is bad in itself however when people simply live without understanding and even in their ignorance judge and condemn others wrongly. And today, while some had gone to an extreme where they preach religion and the struggle to please God in self righteousness as the requirements for heaven, others on the other extreme are very careless about the things of God and simply live their lives in a way that seems right to them, neglecting and despising the Grace of God given freely to them.
May I announce to you the good news brethren. The good news is that “Man has been an enemy to God from the time Adam sinned but Jesus had come and died and paid our price in order to reconcile us back to God” and as many as would receive Jesus and accept Him as their Lord and savior will be saved and has eternal life but as many as would not no matter how righteous they are are condemned and reserved for hell with devil for Jesus is the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE (The ONLY one). There is no sentiment about it. It is not our righteousness that makes us acceptable before God but the righteousness Jesus had earned us. That does not mean we are encouraged to behave any how we like after giving our lives to Christ. Rather, the grace of God upon us can help us live right as we would not have been able prior to our repentance.
Source:http://chiziprecious..com/2015/07/testimony-of-how-i-repented-from.html
Who is that person that is afraid of God as though God is a taskmaster? Please, God is a loving and is always calling us to come unto him, even though we are feeling condemned in sin (Isaiah 1:18). The truth is: It is not God that condemns us but our conscience.
Do you know that Jesus paid for your past, present and future sins? That does not mean we should abuse God’s grace and live anyhow (Rom 5:1). Rather, this realization should make us love us God and obey him out of appreciation and pure love and as such, learn how to approach him boldly as our father even if we find ourselves in a mess. He is ever ready to have us back.
And for my catholic brethren and every other person who still wishes there are certain requirements needed to be done to reach God, Please know that Jesus had done everything that is needed. I love you dearly and I cherish your zeal. So, with a sincere heart, I want to announce to you that God has broken the barrier that that held us before from meeting him. Today, you do not need to go through a priest again like in the old covenant before God can forgive your sins. By saying “our father” Jesus is teaching us all to see God in a personal relationship and as a father we all can approach through Jesus. Also, you do not need to intercede through Mary because that is the work of Jesus according to I John 2:1
Mary is in heaven rejoicing like other saints and I crave your indulgence with humility that no saint is worth to be venerated. It is religion (I didn’t say it will lead you to hell though)
Share the good news. We are in the time of Grace and not law and the gospel is supposed to always make us happy, not sad because it is called “Good News” Rejoice in your salvation and do well to daily reconcile men to God through Jesus by evangelism.
On the talk about religion, I have really met some people who had never missed ‘mass’ and who squeeze face when they meet people in the church as a sign that they are under the influence of the Holy Spirit. I have met some folks who religiously serve mass but while on the pulpit, they are selecting girls they will defile with their eyes. I have met boys who do not talk to girls to avoid defiling themselves but inside, they are ravaged by homosexuality and masturbation. Understand that I am not trying to judge anybody but I am simply saying that we should drop aside all these religious shenanigans and open up to God the way we are and allow him to use. True religion is simply far from striving to please humans whereas we are not at home with God, our father. While we all strive to please God rather, let us have in mind that the Lord is coming sooner than we expect. Let us get ready for Him and let us share the good news to our neighbours, especially our Muslim brethren.
Do it now! Don’t procrastinate! The signs are everywhere! Tomorrow may be too late! I wonder how you will feel to see your friend in hell while you are in heaven.
God bless you and have a happy weekend. Please, remember in your prayers this night to thank God for His grace and privilege to know HIM.

3 Likes

Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by jamex93(m): 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2015
Tank God
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by Weah96: 11:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
Which loving father in nature will roast his child, intentionally keeping the pikin alive, just to continue roasting him forever? Evil men came up with that idea as a way to underscore a punishment for immorality. That's why everyone in the bible who looked for God, or challenged the prevailing notion that he was real, ended up receiving proof of his existence. The prophets of Baal found out quickly that he was real. Only we in real life must entertain this constant lip service without anything to show for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by chizidgreat(m): 3:34am On Jul 25, 2015
Weah96:
Which loving father in nature will roast his child, intentionally keeping the pikin alive, just to continue roasting him forever? Evil men came up with that idea as a way to underscore a punishment for immorality. That's why everyone in the bible who looked for God, or challenged the prevailing notion that he was real, ended up receiving proof of his existence. The prophets of Baal found out quickly that he was real. Only we in real life must entertain this constant lip service without anything to show for it.
Please, dear, God is really so loving that He wish not to have us go into hell but that does not mean that sinners will not go to helll. Who then is a sinner? As many as rejects God's gift of eternal life in the person of Jesus Christ. God bless you
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by davien(m): 4:13am On Jul 25, 2015
Another "christianity isn't a religion but a way of life" apologetic? undecided ,well i guess islam will be all too happy to take the spot as #1 religion.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by lepasharon(f): 8:04am On Jul 25, 2015
davien:
Another "christianity isn't a religion but a way of life" apologetic? undecided ,well i guess islam will be all too happy to take the spot as #1 religion.. grin

Lol..Why are they so scared of the word religion!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by An2elect2(f): 2:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
Weah96:

mcheeeew.
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by davien(m): 2:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
An2elect2:

mcheeeew.

undecided
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by An2elect2(f): 2:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
chizidgreat:

Please, dear, God is really so loving that He wish not to have us go into hell but that does not mean that sinners will go to helll. Who then is a sinner? As many as rejects God's gift of eternal life. God bless you

How did you come to realise that our works cannot justify us before God? pls share if you don't mind.
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by An2elect2(f): 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by davien(m): 2:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
An2elect2:

undecided
Are you a christian?
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by An2elect2(f): 2:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
davien:
Are you a christian?
Do you know who a christian is?
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by davien(m): 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
An2elect2:

Do you know who a christian is?
Apparently no,can you explain?..
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by An2elect2(f): 2:32pm On Jul 25, 2015
davien:
Apparently no,can you explain?..
When you want to know, i will explain.
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by davien(m): 2:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
An2elect2:

When you want to know, i will explain.
Okay,i do...
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by reallest(f): 3:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
davien:

Buhahahaha dats what u get from religious people

1 Like

Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by lampardizik(m): 4:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
Weah96:

Let's not be in a hurry now shall we??
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by lampardizik(m): 4:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
An2elect2:

How did you come to realise that our works cannot justify us before God? pls share if you don't mind.

Rightousness is a gift brother,embrace it
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2015
Weah96:

Which perfect creator will punish his creations for their imperfect state?
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by Weah96: 5:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
Zedric:

Which perfect creator will punish his creations for their imperfect state?

Perfect creators don't make imperfect creatures, especially a perfect creator who allegedly created EVERYTHING, including time, space, and the brain you're using to enter the imperfect state.

When a creator finds a flaw in a product, he fixes it or discards it. Microsoft doesn't PUNISH defective laptops. We should be like laptops to the person who created space and time.
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by An2elect2(f): 5:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
lampardizik:

oh
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by An2elect2(f): 5:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
lampardizik:

How did u embrace yours
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
Weah96:

Perfect creators don't make imperfect creatures, especially a perfect creator who allegedly created EVERYTHING, including time, space, and the brain you're using to enter the imperfect state.

When a creator finds a flaw in a product, he fixes it or discards it. Microsoft doesn't PUNISH defective laptops. We should be like laptops to the person who created space and time.

Exactly. Yeshua creates Angels (perfectly) then humans ( without free will). A perfect Angel (Lucifer) develops Pride and Jealousy out of nowhere. An imperfect trait in my "perfect" creation? Yeshua wondered. Banish them, he ordered. He exiled these angels to no where else but earth, despite the myriads of planets around (perhaps ancient Yeshua didn't know there were other planets besides earth). He decided to reward humans too and he took them out of heaven to guess where? Earth. Now a supposedly perfect yet evil Angel is left out alone with humans without free will. This Angel finds a way to break into this mindless mind forcing it to want things on its own (perhaps it also wasn't created without a mind Luke we were thought to believe). God created 2 principal creatures (humans and angels) perfectly yet both turned out less than perfect and how does this loving God correct his mistake? You guessed right, he created hell to let them burn FOREVER. He decides to make it more fun: let these creatures producedl more of themselves so we can populate hell.

That is the synopsis of the creation of earth according to the christian legend.
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by lampardizik(m): 6:46pm On Jul 25, 2015
An2elect2:

How did u embrace yours

By not trying so hard to please God,just doing and giving Him all that is due to Him...praises,studying my bible and acknowledging the presence of the Holy Ghost

It's really not that hard when you are convinced that God is you Father as well...wink
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by lampardizik(m): 6:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
Weah96:

We should be like laptops to the person who created space and time.

Hahahaha...please speak for yourself...
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by chizidgreat(m): 9:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
An2elect2:

Bro, the Bible made it clearly clear in ROM 5: 1 that 'we are Justified by faith through grace, Gal 2: 16, 3:20 and 3:28 all affirms that we are not justified by works of the law. However, the grace enables us to do good works and to please God without compromise, fear or favour. The truth is, there is nothing we can do through law to please God on our own. Rather, it is through faith in the finished works of Jesus. That was why the Bible said in Heb 11 vs 6 that without faith, it is impossible to please God. Please, this is the simply the truth and God is interested you know it. Thanks for understanding with sincere love
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by jiggaz(m): 10:15pm On Jul 25, 2015
chizidgreat:
Have you ever seen someone dressed in long apparels to cover all form of unclothedness? There is that dress code that forbids earrings, necklaces and even braided hair to portray Godly religion. Well, that’s not all wrong but they are not the requirements for heaven as I earlier thought.
There is simply a difference between Christianity as A religion and Christianity as a reality
It is bad in itself however when people simply live without understanding and even in their ignorance judge and condemn others wrongly. And today, while some had gone to an extreme where they preach religion and the struggle to please God in self righteousness as the requirements for heaven, others on the other extreme are very careless about the things of God and simply live their lives in a way that seems right to them, neglecting and despising the Grace of God given freely to them.
May I announce to you the good news brethren. The good news is that “Man has been an enemy to God from the time Adam sinned but Jesus had come and died and paid our price in order to reconcile us back to God” and as many as would receive Jesus and accept Him as their Lord and savior will be saved and has eternal life but as many as would not no matter how righteous they are are condemned and reserved for hell with devil for Jesus is the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE (The ONLY one). There is no sentiment about it. It is not our righteousness that makes us acceptable before God but the righteousness Jesus had earned us. That does not mean we are encouraged to behave any how we like after giving our lives to Christ. Rather, the grace of God upon us can help us live right as we would not have been able prior to our repentance.
Source:http://chiziprecious..com/2015/07/testimony-of-how-i-repented-from.html
Who is that person that is afraid of God as though God is a taskmaster? Please, God is a loving and is always calling us to come unto him, even though we are feeling condemned in sin (Isaiah 1:18). The truth is: It is not God that condemns us but our conscience.
Do you know that Jesus paid for your past, present and future sins? That does not mean we should abuse God’s grace and live anyhow (Rom 5:1). Rather, this realization should make us love us God and obey him out of appreciation and pure love and as such, learn how to approach him boldly as our father even if we find ourselves in a mess. He is ever ready to have us back.
And for my catholic brethren and every other person who still wishes there are certain requirements needed to be done to reach God, Please know that Jesus had done everything that is needed. I love you dearly and I cherish your zeal. So, with a sincere heart, I want to announce to you that God has broken the barrier that that held us before from meeting him. Today, you do not need to go through a priest again like in the old covenant before God can forgive your sins. By saying “our father” Jesus is teaching us all to see God in a personal relationship and as a father we all can approach through Jesus. Also, you do not need to intercede through Mary because that is the work of Jesus according to I John 2:1
Mary is in heaven rejoicing like other saints and I crave your indulgence with humility that no saint is worth to be venerated. It is religion (I didn’t say it will lead you to hell though)
Share the good news. We are in the time of Grace and not law and the gospel is supposed to always make us happy, not sad because it is called “Good News” Rejoice in your salvation and do well to daily reconcile men to God through Jesus by evangelism.
On the talk about religion, I have really met some people who had never missed ‘mass’ and who squeeze face when they meet people in the church as a sign that they are under the influence of the Holy Spirit. I have met some folks who religiously serve mass but while on the pulpit, they are selecting girls they will defile with their eyes. I have met boys who do not talk to girls to avoid defiling themselves but inside, they are ravaged by homosexuality and masturbation. Understand that I am not trying to judge anybody but I am simply saying that we should drop aside all these religious shenanigans and open up to God the way we are and allow him to use. True religion is simply far from striving to please humans whereas we are not at home with God, our father. While we all strive to please God rather, let us have in mind that the Lord is coming sooner than we expect. Let us get ready for Him and let us share the good news to our neighbours, especially our Muslim brethren.
Do it now! Don’t procrastinate! The signs are everywhere! Tomorrow may be too late! I wonder how you will feel to see your friend in hell while you are in heaven.
God bless you and have a happy weekend. Please, remember in your prayers this night to thank God for His grace and privilege to know HIM.
Very good write up.... This is what i was trying to tell them in my own thread but the Religion section Holier than thou were shouting dat i am misleading people from making Heaven. Click on my profile to read my thread in dis section.

1 Like

Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by An2elect2(f): 10:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
chizidgreat:

Bro, the Bible made it clearly clear in ROM 5: 1 that 'we are Justified by faith through grace, Gal 2: 16, 3:20 and 3:28 all affirms that we are not justified by works of the law. However, the grace enables us to do good works and to please God without compromise, fear or favour. The truth is, there is nothing we can do through law to please God on our own. Rather, it is through faith in the finished works of Jesus. That was why the Bible said in Heb 11 vs 6 that without faith, it is impossible to please God. Please, this is the simply the truth and God is interested you know it. Thanks for understanding with sincere love

cheesy Amen!!! but i actually wanted to know how God awakened you to this truth! Thanks anyway.

Am a sis smiley
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by An2elect2(f): 10:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
lampardizik:

By not trying so hard to please God,just doing and giving Him all that is due to Him...praises,studying my bible and acknowledging the presence of the Holy Ghost

It's really not that hard when you are convinced that God is you Father as well...wink

Righteousness is embraced by faith in the Son of God. All these things are the fruits or evidence of a justified soul dear smiley
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by lampardizik(m): 11:15pm On Jul 25, 2015
An2elect2:

Righteousness is embraced by faith in the Son of God. All these things are the fruits or evidence of a justified soul dear smiley

Thankssmiley
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by An2elect2(f): 11:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
lampardizik:

Thankssmiley
Very welcome in Christ. smiley
Re: Testimony Of How I Repented From Religion And Became A Christian by chizidgreat(m): 1:17am On Jul 26, 2015
An2elect2:

cheesy Amen!!! but i actually wanted to know how God awakened you to this truth! Thanks anyway.

Am a sis smiley
oh, sorry, my dear sister, for calling you Bro. thanks for understanding me too. one love in Christ. HAPPY SUNDAY

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why I Will Never Attend Christ Embassy Again. / TB Joshua Visits Home Of Tanzania’s President Magufuli, Heals His Son / The Wheat And The Chaff (the Great Separation, Part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.