Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today (27440 Views)

Man's Newly Purchased Bike Was Stolen In Front Of His Shop (pics) / Toyota Corolla Stolen In Awka, Anambra (Photo) / My Toyota Carina E-Wagon Stolen In Kano, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by merits(m): 10:12pm On Jul 24, 2015
Florblu:
That's serious! did u say a woman did dis? smh
hun hun na man did it.
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Rhema0011: 10:12pm On Jul 24, 2015
Lucky you
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by riskit33: 10:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
Lucky that you recovered your laptop but why did the police decide to keep your phone till Monday? Nigeria police, sadI smell a rat.

2 Likes

Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Oyecute(m): 10:16pm On Jul 24, 2015
What a man can do . . . #seecunningbrain
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by whizqueen(f): 10:17pm On Jul 24, 2015
tuzle:
guy see how you narrate the story as if you where in the house while the event took place. I dey suspect u
Lmao, English is never a problem for me. And more over the lady explained how she carried out the operation.

For your information, I'm a lady not a guy smiley

1 Like

Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by whizqueen(f): 10:17pm On Jul 24, 2015
Iamsynord:
OK ....U now used your laptop to post it since they ask u to come back for your phone on Monday ??
hmmn
It's was my other phone that was stolen
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by 2el(m): 10:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
One day for the owner
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by timy22(f): 10:19pm On Jul 24, 2015
You re very lucky nd prayerful or someone is praying on ur behalf!

Accordn to the book of malachi, God promised to stop the devil from taking what belongs to his children, nd He just did! God is faithful , just praise him more!

Cos this is a rare case!
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by tuzle(m): 10:20pm On Jul 24, 2015
whizqueen:

Lmao, English is never a problem for me. And more over the lady explained how she carried out the operation.

i typed the first line with intention of using vanacular but i guess i am not good at that. Ok that explain's it

2 Likes

Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Futureleader201(m): 10:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
whizqueen:
Hi everyone,

I left my house around past 11am to get some stuffs at a distance from my house. I spent about an hour outdoor, only for me to return and find my laptop missing. I asked my little sister whom I left alone at home who came around and she said 'a lady' with some descriptions came around to ask for my mom saying she wanted to give her some money and my sister said she was not at home.
The 'lady' came inside, sat down and counted some money and handed it over to my sister to give to my mom. The little girl kept the money somewhere in the sitting room and the woman said she should take it inside to avoid it been stolen, my sister went inside my mom's room to keep the money. While she was away the lady with the intention to steal sighted my laptop on the couch where I kept it and my other phone, she picked both and kept them in her bag. When my sister returned, she asked my sister to go and get the money back that she would come back in the evening when mumsy is back and my sister did. She left the house with my phone and laptop without my sister's knowledge.

After listening to the narration from my sister, I called my phone and it was answered by an unknown person she kept mute while I was talking. I called back severally and it wasn't answered. After about 30 minutes, I got a call from the police station(on the number I called with earlier) saying a laptop and phone was recovered from an unknown thief that I should report at the police station ASAP.

When I got there, I met one woman whose house was also robbed by the lady. She was caught and beaten severely by the neighbors and outsiders. The house owner (woman) claimed N30,000 was stolen which wasn't found on the thief but rather my phone and laptop, the main reason she was brought to the police station was because of the money that wasn't found on her not because of my property but I was lucky that my items have not been sold out by the thief. I was able to get my laptop today after the necessary procedures and was asked to come back on Monday for my phone.

My reason for bringing this story here is that, I want to advice everyone ''talk to you little ones at home be it sister, brother, children, etc. Especially now that they are all on long holiday that they should never allow any one inside the house if an elderly person isn't around, the thief might ask of mom or dad or big sister or anyone just tell your kids to tell them at the doorstep 'mom isn't around come back later' they shouldn't be welcomed inside the home not even for one second. I was only lucky to recover my item that was stolen'

The lady even confessed that sometimes she checks NEPA bills that is hung in the house to know a name to mention. Imagine that. Please be guided and caution your kids.

May God not make our things be that of a thief.
Bye

U were able to recover ur stolen items because the money U used in buying them are hard earn money. Next time be careful!
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by tellwisdom: 10:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
Laptop and phone Wey no be you buy. If na u come buy am no??... na to buy slot for CNN to wailing wailer...onye Nzuzu.sad
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by tuzle(m): 10:23pm On Jul 24, 2015
you should also be grateful to God because it could have been ur sista if it where a different story
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Abbey2sam(m): 10:24pm On Jul 24, 2015
Florblu:
That's serious! did u say a woman did dis?
smh

No, she said a police......................... undecided
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by whizqueen(f): 10:24pm On Jul 24, 2015
Futureleader201:
U were able to recover ur stolen items because the money U used in buying them are hard earn money. Next time be careful!
Abi naa. thanks dear smiley

1 Like

Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by whizqueen(f): 10:25pm On Jul 24, 2015
tellwisdom:
laptop and phone Wey no be you buy. If na u come buy am, na to buy slot for CNN.. Nzuzu.sad
Is the thief related to you undecided or you're the boyfriend she was talking about shocked

3 Likes

Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Luckygurl(f): 10:27pm On Jul 24, 2015
Lucky you!!
You were able to get your phone and laptop back from the thief.

Mine is almost a week and no miracle can bring it back sad sad
These window boys have done me bad angry angry angry
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by tellwisdom: 10:27pm On Jul 24, 2015
whizqueen:
Is the thief related to you undecided or you're the boyfriend she was talking about shocked

You be onye nzuzu undecided
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by elmisti(m): 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2015
Whizqueen.....I happy for you oo, country economy nova good ni, I kukuma no blame the woman, God protect us all sha.....B15 go soon rush com here
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by whizqueen(f): 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2015
Luckygurl:
Lucky you!!

Eyaaaah sowiee dear, expect a miracle smiley
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by whizqueen(f): 10:29pm On Jul 24, 2015
elmisti:
Whizqueen.....I happy for you oo, country economy nova good ni, I kukuma no blame the woman, God protect us all sha.....B15 go soon rush com here
Thanks jare my padi... Remember to tell your people for house oo wink
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by RealEstate37: 10:30pm On Jul 24, 2015
Affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by elmisti(m): 10:31pm On Jul 24, 2015
whizqueen:
Thanks jare my padi... Remember to tell your people for house oo wink
#Town crier mode activated
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Xcozee(m): 10:31pm On Jul 24, 2015
tuzle:
guy see how you narrate the story as if you where in the house while the event took place. I dey suspect u
[size=19pt]oga its a she (a fyn babe 4dat matter) and not a guy! Oti o? Wonders hw u ll b calling ma e-Crush a guy! No vex me o [/size]
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by kelvine(m): 10:32pm On Jul 24, 2015
Usually they will keep the phone ON for at least 48 hours and scrutinize all callers to know if the owner of the phone is a criminal.
Remember the phone was ON when the OP called with another line.

riskit33:
Lucky that you recovered your laptop but why did the police decide to keep your phone till Monday? Nigeria police, sadI smell a rat.
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Luckygurl(f): 10:33pm On Jul 24, 2015
whizqueen:

Eyaaaah sowiee dear, expect a miracle smiley

Lol!! Nah!! I've taken my mind off getting it back and also from using phones on the high side.

I've not been so lucky with them sad sad
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Xcozee(m): 10:33pm On Jul 24, 2015
whizqueen:

[size=19pt]no mind dat guy jare [/size]
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by tuzle(m): 10:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
Xcozee:

[size=19pt]oga its a she (a fyn babe 4dat matter) and not a guy! Oti o? Wonders hw u ll b calling ma e-Crush a guy! No vex me o [/size]
guy no vex i am very sorry o dont mind me i am suffering from gender blindness
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by tellwisdom: 10:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
Luckygurl:
Lucky you!!

You too find money comot for that ghetto u found yourself. undecided..Or are you poor?? sad
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by horladmejy(m): 10:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Adiwana: 10:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
whizqueen:
Hi everyone,

I left my house around past 11am to get some stuffs at a distance from my house. I spent about an hour outdoor, only for me to return and find my laptop missing. I asked my little sister whom I left alone at home who came around and she said 'a lady' with some descriptions came around to ask for my mom saying she wanted to give her some money and my sister said she was not at home.
The 'lady' came inside, sat down and counted some money and handed it over to my sister to give to my mom. The little girl kept the money somewhere in the sitting room and the woman said she should take it inside to avoid it been stolen, my sister went inside my mom's room to keep the money. While she was away the lady with the intention to steal sighted my laptop on the couch where I kept it and my other phone, she picked both and kept them in her bag. When my sister returned, she asked my sister to go and get the money back that she would come back in the evening when mumsy is back and my sister did. She left the house with my phone and laptop without my sister's knowledge.

After listening to the narration from my sister, I called my phone and it was answered by an unknown person she kept mute while I was talking. I called back severally and it wasn't answered. After about 30 minutes, I got a call from the police station(on the number I called with earlier) saying a laptop and phone was recovered from an unknown thief that I should report at the police station ASAP.

When I got there, I met one woman whose house was also robbed by the lady. She was caught and beaten severely by the neighbors and outsiders. The house owner (woman) claimed N30,000 was stolen which wasn't found on the thief but rather my phone and laptop, the main reason she was brought to the police station was because of the money that wasn't found on her not because of my property but I was lucky that my items have not been sold out by the thief. I was able to get my laptop today after the necessary procedures and was asked to come back on Monday for my phone.

My reason for bringing this story here is that, I want to advice everyone ''talk to you little ones at home be it sister, brother, children, etc. Especially now that they are all on long holiday that they should never allow any one inside the house if an elderly person isn't around, the thief might ask of mom or dad or big sister or anyone just tell your kids to tell them at the doorstep 'mom isn't around come back later' they shouldn't be welcomed inside the home not even for one second. I was only lucky to recover my item that was stolen'

The lady even confessed that sometimes she checks NEPA bills that is hung in the house to know a name to mention. Imagine that. Please be guided and caution your kids.

May God not make our things be that of a thief.
Bye

Now this got me laughing hard..Naija police,i hail una oo!! grin grin grin
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by whizqueen(f): 10:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
Luckygurl:

Lol!! Nah!! I've taken my mind off getting it back and also from using phones on the high side.

I've not been so lucky with them sad sad
Eyaaaah, my phone was stolen some months ago in school and I didn't recover it.

God jes wanted to do something different and surprising this time. the other lady couldn't find her supposed 30k I really got lucky.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Danfo Driver Attacks Task Force Officer With Iron-rod (photo) / Lawyer Bought New Knives To Kill Husband – Police / Police Charge Man To Court For Allegedly Slapping An Officer Twice (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.