Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,385 members, 7,853,715 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:20 PM

Setting The Record Straight: Full Transcript Of The Video On Marginalization - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Setting The Record Straight: Full Transcript Of The Video On Marginalization (687 Views)

Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention / Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff / How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Setting The Record Straight: Full Transcript Of The Video On Marginalization by razid: 10:03pm On Jul 24, 2015
The thread "BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!!Video (https://www.nairaland.com/2472916/buhari-not-treat-nigerians-equally) refers.

This video is fully transcribed for the discerning Nigerians who are confused about the controversial video, and who don't have the opportunity to download and watch it because of the stringent economic situation in the country. Note, the video is part of the Q & A session of the programme held at United States Institute of Peace (USIP) and broadcast live by Channels TV on July 22nd 2015. Also, the video was posted to Youtube by a group called Hope For Biafra. as can be seen from their facebook page in the said video (facebook.com/HopeforBiafra)

(Applause)
Amb. Johnnie Carson: Last 2 questions briefly; Dr Pauline Baker?

Dr Pauline Baker: Mr President welcome. I have been a student of Nigeria for many years and first of all, I wanna tell you that I have never seen such a hopeful attitude toward Nigeria in the United States as since your election. (applause) I think we are all here, want you to succeed. My question relates to another area of Nigeria that hasn't gotten much attention during this trip and that is the Niger Delta. It's a challenge that you're still going to face, I want you to tell us how you intend to approach it with particular reference to the amnesty, bunkering and [inclusion] inclusive development. Thank you.

President Buhari(whispers to Mr Jack Carson): Inclusive government?
Amb Johnie Carson (also whispers back to Mr President): Inclusive government yeah, your priorities include women, youth...

President Buhari(cuts in): Yes, I hope you have a copy of the election results. Literally, constituencies for example that gave me 97% cannot in all honesty be treated, on some issues, with constituencies that gave me 5%. I think these are political realities. Well, certainly there will be justice for everybody. Everybody will get his constitutional rights.But well the party, in constituencies, by their either sheer hardwork, they made sure that they got their people to vote and to ensure that their votes count, they must feel that the government has appreciated the efforts they put, in putting the government in place. I think this is really fair. By the constitution, no state can be excluded from government. So that even if I want to show gratitude to those constituencies that heavily voted for me against those that didn't even vote for me, they have the protection of the government. And I have made an undertaking that I belong to everybody I belong to nobody. If I can't clearly ensure and marginalize a certain group because they didn't vote for me, then I have already contradicted myself. And I'm sure people will be too quick to pick that against me.

Amb. Johnie Carson: (grin) Thank you Mr President. Dr ... Newman, the representative of IRI?

Dr ... Newman: Mr president, congratulations. First of all I have a question that is going to be easy for me to ask probably easy for you to answer and very hard for you to do and that is this: there's so much goodwill not just in the United States but all over the world to have you succeed and my question is how are you going to coordinate ...
end of the 4 minute video.

They (the mischief makers) want to extinguish the light of God with their mouths, but God will perfect His light, although they (the mischief makers) dislike it. They will not die, but in their lifetime, we shall all rejoice and celebrate our dear NIGERIA.

We shall overcome. Cheerio! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Setting The Record Straight: Full Transcript Of The Video On Marginalization by jlinkd78(m): 10:33pm On Jul 24, 2015
My prob was PMB never answered d question intelligently. No mention of his amnesty plans (whether to continue, remodel or disband it), no mention of how to tackle oil bunkering and no plans of how to run an all inclusive govt. He ended up speaking along voting patterns and making it clear those dat voted against him will only get ONLY what d constitution guarantees them like Ministers.
Re: Setting The Record Straight: Full Transcript Of The Video On Marginalization by razid: 10:50pm On Jul 24, 2015
jlinkd78:
My prob was PMB never answered d question intelligently. No mention of his amnesty plans (whether to continue, remodel or disband it), no mention of how to tackle oil bunkering and no plans of how to run an all inclusive govt. He ended up speaking along voting patterns and making it clear those dat voted against him will only get ONLY what d constitution guarantees them like Ministers.

You are right. I think he was reacting to the question of the woman on the fact that the Niger Delta hasn't got enough attention during the trip. And you and I know that he may already be getting the feelings that he is interested in the North East because he comes from North and probably he is neglecting the Niger Delta because they didn't vote for him. Maybe he was answering the question from that perspective and that is why he needed to emphasize the voting pattern.

And don't forget, he mentioned the Niger Delta issue during his inaugural address to underscore the importance he attached to it.
Re: Setting The Record Straight: Full Transcript Of The Video On Marginalization by themilanway(m): 7:59am On Jul 25, 2015
Thanks for this transcript.I haven't had time to watch the controversial video,none the less,I knew mischief makers were just doing what they know best.......

Heating up the polity unecessarily

Wishing and praying Buhari fails

Yet to come to terms that Jonathan is no longer shoeless.

(1) (Reply)

Faction Of Boko Haram Approach Buhari For Peace Talks / 10 Million Northern Children Out Of School – BUK Alumni / 2015 Personal Experiences With Public Transportation In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.