Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Is It A Must You Wear A Suit To Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It A Must You Wear A Suit To Interview? (1257 Views)

Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? / Please Help A Sister No Money for Tfare To Go To Interview on friday / This Is What I Wore To Interview Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Must You Wear A Suit To Interview? by miniziter(m): 11:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
Am having a interview this Monday for the post of a receptionist in a new hotel in town. But after doing some research about dressing proper for a interview, I saw people saying one must wear suit. Is just wearing a shirt and tie not okay?
Re: Is It A Must You Wear A Suit To Interview? by boboLIL(m): 11:59pm On Jul 24, 2015
Its nt a must......buh dnt wear traditional outfit to interview....

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must You Wear A Suit To Interview? by MissIndependent(f): 7:25am On Jul 25, 2015
Since you applied for the post of a receptionist, a white long sleeve, tie, black trouser and a black formal shoe will do. If you have suit too you can also put it on wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Must You Wear A Suit To Interview? by Ewuro4: 8:47am On Jul 25, 2015
miniziter:
Am having a interview this Monday for the post of a receptionist in a new hotel in town. But after doing some research about dressing proper for a interview, I saw people saying one must wear suit. Is just wearing a shirt and tie not okay?

Your Appearance has a crucial first impression impact on an employer IMO.

So yes, suit will be nice but if you don't have a blazer jacket then a nice dress shirt and a tie on a nice dress pants will be suitable option too.

Good luck in your interview and pray for God's favor to shine on you.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must You Wear A Suit To Interview? by spiralwedge(m): 10:15am On Jul 25, 2015
its not a must.

the secret is that you dress to work as if you have already been employed. The dressing must tally with the position's general dress code... and dressing your best to impress might be the edge that would knock out your closest rival.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It A Must You Wear A Suit To Interview? by wisestman(m): 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2015
its not really a must but to be on the safer side pls wear one. some employers might take it that you are not serious if others wore a suit and u dont. and even if u are d only one that wears a suit, its better than the other way round. i have been to a bank interview where everyone wore a suit and this guy came without a suit, he was asked to go out and wear one before he comes in for his interview. he had to collect from someone there. smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please,i Need Directions / FINCA Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / First Bank Insurance Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.