Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,335 members, 7,954,368 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:44 PM

We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency (15772 Views)

We Won’t Stop Pipeline Bombing - Niger-Delta Militants / Why Buhari Was Absent At Emergency FEC Meeting – Presidency / N’delta Govs Beg Tompolo To Shelve Ex- Militants’ Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by babasade(m): 7:22am On Jul 25, 2015
It just better those millitants abi millipedes respect themselves..
Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by anwo247: 7:25am On Jul 25, 2015
jayfolarin:
Those creek boys? The president is in d least worried about those boys as they are nothing but paperweights. Trust me

They try nonsense, they fall unapologetically. I'm sure they are very aware of this fact too.

US has refused to sell Arms to your Daura President who was posing as their house boy. ..niw he must go the way of Goodluck which was the only way and better. Our army has no ammunition now to fight bokoharam in the desert not to even talk of the creek. You're joking. NIGER DELTA will reck this nation financially if Daura President rejects any of their resolution.

The Niger delta that fought OBJ to standstill were poor boys and yet OBJ submitted and that was what paved way for Goodluck to be VP. Now the Niger delta boys are well equipped. Your dullard will pee and poo in the public soon.

65k amnesty payment is cheaper than buying guns for army. Mumu president, now you're shaking.

3 Likes

Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 25, 2015
tdayof:
Some people will come here and start ranting....
Am telling you Nigeria is a federation and if the federal government decide to stop the meeting there is nothing any militant can do about it... ..

Someone will quote me and start talking about bokoharam but I repeat of the military wants bokoharam cleared away in two days it's very possible..

why are u dreaming as u browse
Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by PedroJP(m): 7:29am On Jul 25, 2015
Blike America praise singer doesn't know this is not 80s. There shouldn't have been any thought about disrupting the meeting more or less seeing reasons not to disrupt it.
Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by Nosaghae(m): 7:29am On Jul 25, 2015
jayfolarin:
Those creek boys? The president is in d least worried about those boys as they are nothing but paperweights. Trust me

They try nonsense, they fall unapologetically. I'm sure they are very aware of this fact too.
I wish buhari share this thought. undermine this boys at ur own peril. Trust me buhari is handling this boys with almost caution because he knows the consequence the actions of this boys will have on the already shaking economy.
Stop deceiving urself with that talk of creek boys being paper weight. Parade don change gear for creek tai tai. Gone are the days of odi massacre.

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by priscaoge(f): 7:31am On Jul 25, 2015
Ana agwa ochi nti na agha esula? Heheheheh seems they don't want them to go back to d creek cheesy They should stop talking n start working mbok lipsrsealed
Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 25, 2015
These people should learn from history the consequencies of making yourself the enemy of the state.It's always grievious.
Anyway where is Asari with all his empty noise.
Yeye people who have wasted all the opportunities that oil in their backyard brought to them.
Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by utytill(m): 7:34am On Jul 25, 2015
una no fit tryam sef.
Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by sparkwil(m): 7:35am On Jul 25, 2015
Buhari has shown the kind of bigot he is since assuming office. All he has successfully done is witch hunt and of course global tours. I hope someone advices him we cannot afford to have a volatile ND, with the current fall in oil prices and Iran being let off the sanctions hook our oil may no longer be badly needed.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:49am On Jul 25, 2015
Nayok:
Tompolo has already canceled †нε meeting

The fear of Buhari alone is enough for them; even MEND sef were first to pull out of the meeting, Tompolo had no choice other to cancel because very few would attend.

BTW, what happened to the voice of that noise maker, Asari Dokubo who kept insulting and threatening Nigeria under the protection of his kinsman Jonathan?

Yeye ppl, na today!
Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by Brugo(m): 8:01am On Jul 25, 2015
These ex militants or whatever they call themselves are nothing but TERRORISTS. The earlier the government realises it, the better.
Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by engineerboat(m): 8:10am On Jul 25, 2015
chukwudi44:
We won’t stop ex-militants’ meeting –Presidency

The Presidency on Friday said there was no plan to disrupt a meeting of top ex-Niger Delta militants previously scheduled to hold in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State on Saturday (today).

The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, disclosed this in an interview with Saturday PUNCH.

One of the top ex-militants in the Niger Delta, Government Ekpemupolo (alias Tompolo), had on Thursday called the ex-commanders of militant groups in the oil rich region to an urgent and “crucial” meeting.

There has been apprehension that the meeting could lead to another violent protest in the Niger Delta.

But Adesina told Saturday PUNCH that the government would not stop the meeting because of its respect for the freedom of association.

When asked to comment on the fact that the meeting was convened amidst complaints of perceived neglect of the Niger Delta amnesty programme by the present administration, the presidential spokesperson said he would not pre-empt the meeting.

He said he would make a comment when the meeting comes out with a resolution and he felt he must react to it.

Adesina said, “Let us not pre-empt that meeting. Let it hold because there is freedom of association.

“When they meet and come out with a position, if there is the need to respond, we will do so.

“This is a democracy. We will not stop them.
http://www.punchng.com/news/we-wont-stop-ex-militants-meeting-presidency/

Femi Adeshina as usual we know ur anticedent and style, Garba Shehu will soon come to retract this statement
Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by Reference(m): 8:22am On Jul 25, 2015
Not only that but call them up and offer to send a representative to attend. Nigeria must constantly put its foot forward, offer peace and cease being behind the curve and reactionary. Every opportunity to difuse and de-escalate smouldering magazines no matter where they are found whether in the north east or south south should be exploited. We have wasted countless lives and resources on conflicts that started at best as mere agitation and at worst as criminality. We must develop ideas and conflict resolution mechanisms to handle all agitating groups no matter what issues they raise and ideologies they profess.

The Nigerian State must always be prepared to negotiate its existence. It is not a destination, but a journey.
Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by engineerboat(m): 8:23am On Jul 25, 2015
tdayof:
Some people will come here and start ranting....
Am telling you Nigeria is a federation and if the federal government decide to stop the meeting there is nothing any militant can do about it... ..

Someone will quote me and start talking about bokoharam but I repeat of the military wants bokoharam cleared away in two days it's very possible..

hear yourself again, what is now delaying the military from flushing the out in two days, BABA PMB has been there since may 29; what is still holding Him from performing THE MAGIC
Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by RealEstate37: 8:38am On Jul 25, 2015
Affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by Xyg12: 8:40am On Jul 25, 2015
boboLIL:
u r one

According to last election result, Nigerians prefer Brainless. How comes going brainless is now an issue?
Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by justmenoni: 9:10am On Jul 25, 2015
grin grin grin angry
nzeobi:

U wanna try them? wink
Creek no be nairaland oh
Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by ojinuocheibi(m): 11:13am On Jul 25, 2015
LieDetector:
US has refused to sell arms to nigeria's military. Don't you think the federal government trying to interupt this meeting would compound nigeria's woes?
you have no idea of what Nigeria has at it arsenal.
Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by LieDetector(m): 11:16am On Jul 25, 2015
ojinuocheibi:
you have no idea of what Nigeria has at it arsenal.
they wouldn't be seeking for help from US if truly they have enough ammo in their arsenal like you said
Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by ojinuocheibi(m): 11:17am On Jul 25, 2015
boboLIL:
u r one
you are still showing your dumb daftness. Borrow a brain then come back to nairaland and type comments. Ewu
Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 25, 2015
Ex-militants are no fools to announce such meeting in the media and still go ahead with it. That was a decoy, the real meeting is happening sometimes in the week, unknown to some people.
Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by bankylan: 11:27am On Jul 25, 2015
kaypound:
they shall gather but if the gathering is not of God (i.e progress of this nation) it shall not stand.

but i wonder how long this militants want nigeria to keep spoon feeding them....when real graduates can't find jobs and states can't even pay salaries....kids are being thrown out of school and fathers are afraid to go home.

Over 90 percent of our export is from oil from Niger delta. Other regions have been parasitic and lazy. The problem is not with Govt, but people who have no creativity and productivity in their blood. We should be grateful to Niger delta for now until we find solutions to our dormancy as a nation. If there is no oil revenue, Nigeria will be brought to her knees. Diversification is not what happens overnight knowing fully well our limitation as black. Can we survive even in the short run should there be a stoppage to oil revenue? I doubt it. The only positive thing is that the oil is not from the north;we would have all been enslaved. The Niger delta people are very humane and we should be grateful to them.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by Dajugba: 11:37am On Jul 25, 2015
[/quote]
maoolakanm:
These people should learn from history the consequencies of making yourself the enemy of the state.It's always grievious.
Anyway where is Asari with all his empty noise.
Yeye people who have wasted all the opportunities that oil in their backyard brought to them.
ItsMeAboki:

The fear of Buhari alone is enough for them; even MEND sef were first to pull out of the meeting, Tompolo had no choice other to cancel because very few would attend.
BTW, what happened to the voice of that noise maker, Asari Dokubo who kept insulting and threatening Nigeria under the protection of his kinsman Jonathan?
Yeye ppl, na today!

I'm not suprised to see kid's invading Nl. Writting what they've watch in Nigerian movies. Growing up as a young man at a tender age, I was told by my father to always think before I talk. But this days, people write/speaks before they think! If only de president could realize de harm he's about to bring to this nation, business sectors and the economic of this country. If these guys chose to go back to creek and cause more harms it won't be funny like most of you joke here, by the time you realize the delay of salaries, increase of price in goods and production and lot more, then you'll start accusing ur government for not negotiating to their terms. I read some days back that us refused to sell weapon to Nig military force, and they said they want to help fight boko haram. And now, de president has not settled the crises at the north, yet he wants to ignite the south to chaotic. Let's him think twice befor He start what he can't solve. If only He could learn more from the past administration, precisely; (Iyara dua) that man was an embodyment of wisdom and knowledge. He thinks more, talk less and act in love for the purpose of doing what is right, and not because he's tribal conscious. GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by lonelydora: 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
jayfolarin:

They try nonsense, they fall unapologetically. I'm sure they are very much aware of this fact too.

I am sure you have never been to the creeks. Pray they don't go back to the creeks to resume hostility. I work on sea and I know how it was those days talk less of now they have acquired more weapons before election. They are not like coward Boko boys. They fight to finish. Their weapons are more sophisticated than what you see in sambisa.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by lonelydora: 12:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
nzeobi:

U wanna try them? wink
Creek no be nairaland oh

The guy think say na to stay Abuja dey make noise.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by omolami: 1:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
The presidency would be contradicting the NIGERIA'S Constitution if it does stop the ex militants. Presidency had no option. Both the presidency and ex militant have began the cat and rat game. let's see who will burge

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 25, 2015
The fear of the gentle ex-bois is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency by IYANGBALI: 6:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
PMB disappointing foooools since 100AD. Quote me negatively and die in your sleep

(1) (2) (Reply)

Children Hired To Campaign For Umahi’s Second Term In Ebonyi State (Photos) / 2023: Ahmad Lawan Assures APC Of Victory As Osinbajo Meets APC Senators / Peter Obi: End The Inconsistency In Duty Charges, It Directly Fuels Inflation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.