Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,330 members, 7,826,310 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

21 Inspiring Quotes For Law Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 21 Inspiring Quotes For Law Students (6540 Views)

Female Underwear Found In Unilag Library For Law Students / Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants. / Examination Questions For Law Students In UNIBEN(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

21 Inspiring Quotes For Law Students by practitioner(m): 6:58am On Jul 25, 2015
From the echoes of the voice of Abraham Lincoln, to contemporaries like Alison Monoham, we present to you 21 selected quotes that will inspire you as a law student.

Whether you are still in your 100 level,or in law school about to write your bar final examination, these words of wisdom will provide a guide and inspiration as you continue to slug it out in your quest to become a lawyer. Here they are:

1) "If law school is so hard to get through, how come there are so many lawyers?"-Calvin Trillin(American Lawyer)

2) "If you are still in school, do not neglect your grades. Internships and other activities are fine, but when legal employers have to decide who to interview, grades play a big role in determining who makes that cut and who doesn’t."-Grover Cleveland(A Seattle attorney and author of the book, “Swimming Lessons for Baby Sharks.)

3) "We must begin to train lawyers the minute they walk into law school to tell the truth. They must immediately begin to learn the business of representing people. They must be assigned cases the first day."- Gerry Spence(American Lawyer)

4) "Good law schools teach you to think like lawyers. But top law schools teach young people to think; just to think. And that makes a potentially great lawyer."-Norm Sherman(American Lawyer)

5) "The single most important thing you can do when you leave law school is to find and work with a mentor. Ideally, this will be a lawyer who teaches you the practice, both substantively and ethically, and serves as a role model."-Dennis Kennedy(A technology lawyer)

6) "I went to law school and I became a prosecutor. I took on a specialty that. Wry few people choose to pursue. I prosecuted child abuse and child homicide cases. Cases that were truly gut-wrenching. But standing up for those kids, being their voice for justice was the honor of a lifetime"-Susana Martinez

7) "Even after I had published three books. And had been writing full-time for twenty years, my father continued to urge me to go to law school"-Susan Orlean

cool "The great break of my literary career was going go law school"-Scott Turow

9) "I wasn't meant to be an attorney, but I was meant to go to law school"-Eddie Huang

10) "I chose to go to law school because I thought that someday, somehow I'd make a difference ."-Christopher Darden

11) "I was attracted to law school because I believed it would help me prepare for a career in the real world"-Kenneth Chenault

12) "I got into law school to supplement my business background. I'm not planning to practice law"-Shannon Miller

13) "I have an affinity for the law. I like looking at the small type on contracts, and if I could have afforded law school, I probably would have ."-Octavia Spencer

14) "Law school’s intent is not to teach you the law. We can look that up. Instead, law school teaches you how to teach yourself – one of the most valuable tools we will ever have."- Anonymous

15) "It is important for law students to have more realistic expectations. Your first job may not be your “dream” job, but if it is going to provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to advance towards your ultimate career goals, don’t discount it because it isn’t perfect. I am not suggesting you abandon your goals and accept just any job, but if it can get you started in the direction you want to go, seriously consider taking it."-Kathleen Brady

16) "In this challenging job market it is important for law students to gain marketable experience while they are in school. This will not only give them skills and experience but it will start to provide them with professional contacts and references which will be crucial for future job searches."- Nancy Caver

17) "Study in a way that works for you. Don’t give up the strategies that have been working up until law school just because others are doing something different."- Anonymous

18) "But do remember that law degrees don't always lead to lawyers. Up to 50% of all law graduates enter non-legal careers where your skills are really valued. These are not lesser options. So work on getting a good degree, find out what you excel at and if you choose a different destination, have the self-confidence to embark on it."-Birju Kotecha

19) "Memorizing the law is not what law school exams are about. Do you need to know the law? Sure, backwards and forwards. But that is not enough...The question is what you do with the law you’ve studied?"-Alison Monoham( Founder Girls's Guide to Law School)

20) "There is no better way to exercise the imagination than the study of the law. No artist ever interpreted nature as freely as a lawyer interprets the truth"- Jean Giraudoux

21) "If you are absolutely determined to make a lawyer of yourself, the thing is more than half done already"-Abraham Lincoln

[Source]: http://threelegals.com/index.php/home/k2-tags/law-skul/item/409-21-inspiring-quotes-for-law-students

If I'm to choose my favorite from these 21 quotes, I would go for number 1: "If law school is so hard to get through, how come there are so many lawyers?"-Calvin Trillin. Which among these do you consider your favorite?

2 Likes

Re: 21 Inspiring Quotes For Law Students by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 25, 2015
Re: 21 Inspiring Quotes For Law Students by kossyablaze(m): 7:13am On Jul 25, 2015
Cool

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 21 Inspiring Quotes For Law Students by Lordave: 7:23am On Jul 25, 2015
Impressive!
Re: 21 Inspiring Quotes For Law Students by INTROVERT247: 9:51am On Jul 25, 2015
Good one.
Re: 21 Inspiring Quotes For Law Students by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 25, 2015
Cool

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Third Edition Elimination Stage Best Essays / Nairalanders, Any News About Unijos 2008/2009 Admission? / What Will Happen To Naija Students If China Brings This Innovation To Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.