Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,174 members, 7,957,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:55 AM

Postgraduate Admission At Unn - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Postgraduate Admission At Unn (6635 Views)

Pictures From My Convocation At UNN Yesterday! / More Photos From Yesterday's Incidence, At UNN Okeke Female Hostel / University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Postgraduate Admission At Unn by idmanzik: 6:14pm On Feb 28, 2012
I wish to apply to the University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) for my Master of Science (MSc) degree for the 2012/2013 academic session. I am a 2011 Batch-B National Youth Service Corp member. My challenge is that one of the requirement for admission for the MSc programme is submission of an NYSC discharge certificate.

The last day of submission of application is on the 27th of April, 2012 and my service year might end by June 2012. waiting for another academic year will definitely be frustrating

My question is;

- can i get admitted without submitting my NYSC discharge certificate? - I should have completed my NYSC before the beginning of the new academic session (September 2012) . I don't want to wait for another academic session (ie 2013/2014 before i apply, that will mean wasting another one year.
Re: Postgraduate Admission At Unn by Odunnu: 3:43am On Feb 29, 2012
Where did you graduate from?
Re: Postgraduate Admission At Unn by idmanzik: 4:04am On Feb 29, 2012
Enugu State University of Technology
Re: Postgraduate Admission At Unn by Odunnu: 4:37am On Feb 29, 2012
Ok.
What dept are you applying to?
Re: Postgraduate Admission At Unn by idmanzik: 6:26am On Feb 29, 2012
Statistics
Re: Postgraduate Admission At Unn by Odunnu: 6:47am On Feb 29, 2012
Fine. That should make it easier being in the main campus.
Apply without the discharge cert. soon after NYSC, get somebody at the PG school to help you retrieve your application and include it, because by then they should be collating and dispatching applications. Now the problem wont be in including the cert but in being qualified. Your NYSC may be too recent for them to accept and since you arent from the school, screening it too may take longer time which they may be too lazy to undertake.
Wish you luck. *by the way, what I just suggested is my opinion, it may not be as easy/difficult as I wrote. I'll advice you speak with somebody from the PG school who may have dealt with stuff like this before*
Re: Postgraduate Admission At Unn by idmanzik: 1:24pm On Feb 29, 2012
Odunnu:

Fine. That should make it easier being in the main campus.
Apply without the discharge cert. soon after NYSC, get somebody at the PG school to help you retrieve your application and include it, because by then they should be collating and dispatching applications. Now the problem wont be in including the cert but in being qualified. Your NYSC may be too recent for them to accept and since you arent from the school, screening it too may take longer time which they may be too lazy to undertake.
Wish you luck. *by the way, what I just suggested is my opinion, it may not be as easy/difficult as I wrote. I'll advice you speak with somebody from the PG school who may have dealt with stuff like this before*

Thanks Odunnu,

I really appreciate your advise. I shall plan to go down to Nsukka for proper inquiry.
Re: Postgraduate Admission At Unn by asojas: 1:01pm On Apr 16, 2012
I want to apply for masters in mph 2012/2013 session. I studied biochemistry my question is will I be able to apply to mph with a GPA. Of 2.58 without doing PGD
Re: Postgraduate Admission At Unn by LadyAdorable: 1:22pm On Apr 16, 2012
do you need help purchasing the m.sc form,contact me on lindylackluv@yahoo.com. And yes u can get admited wtout nysc d. Letter bt its nt an easy process bt certainly it can be done...lindylackluv@yahoo.com
Re: Postgraduate Admission At Unn by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 03, 2012
Please, how about late registration, is this possible? Can any of you help me with it ? I graduated from unn if that makes any difference.thanks
Re: Postgraduate Admission At Unn by Odunnu: 1:28am On May 04, 2012
The forms are on sale now. You can go get yours
Re: Postgraduate Admission At Unn by Kingmarshal: 8:02pm On Oct 09, 2012
Plz When is Unec MPH form for 2012/2013 session going to be on sale?
Re: Postgraduate Admission At Unn by wesley442: 11:08am On Feb 11, 2013
Please Is the Msc Form on sale? For UNN i mean.
Re: Postgraduate Admission At Unn by Odunnu: 11:51am On Feb 12, 2013
Should be or it will start soon.
Re: Postgraduate Admission At Unn by wesley442: 11:56am On Feb 12, 2013
Please can you help me confirm? Thanks
Re: Postgraduate Admission At Unn by Odunnu: 11:58am On Feb 12, 2013
ok
Gimme 5mts
Re: Postgraduate Admission At Unn by ishmael(m): 11:58am On Feb 12, 2013
Odunnu: Should be or it will start soon.
can u help me find out if UNN accepts PGD statistics from another school for its Msc statistics programme? Thanks.
Re: Postgraduate Admission At Unn by Odunnu: 12:00pm On Feb 12, 2013
wesley442: Please can you help me confirm?
Not yet but that I should check back by the end of the month.
ishmael: can u help me find out if UNN accepts PGD statistics from another school for its Msc statistics programme? Thanks.
Yes they do
Re: Postgraduate Admission At Unn by wesley442: 2:47pm On Feb 12, 2013
Please keep us informed abt the UNN Msc. Thanks alot. You are the best. Hugs.

1 Like

Re: Postgraduate Admission At Unn by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 12, 2013
hello everyone. Nice thread I must say. I'm also a batch B corps member too, and I'd also want to knw the prospects(challenges, accomodatn, graduatn in record time(all thngs being equal), cost etc) of studying electrical/electronics engr'ng at UNN for my PG studies. I really admire the institution. Thanks!
Re: Postgraduate Admission At Unn by Odunnu: 6:47pm On Feb 12, 2013
Check the school website. I am not a student of UNN. Just so you know

(1) (Reply)

21 Inspiring Quotes For Law Students / After HND, What Next / Cheap Universities In The Uk, Us Or Any Island For Medicine Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.