Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

How To Get Jobs In Canada - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Get Jobs In Canada (65027 Views)

"There Are No Jobs In Dubai, Nigerians Don't Be Deceived" (Photos/video) / How To Get Jobs In USA / My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by noblealuu: 9:45am On Feb 17, 2016
justwise:
[b]

Typical of visa agent, this is what you tell your victims to deceive them so as to clean them up.

Being objective at times is a virtue. This fellow would have simply balanced his marketing strategy as an agent, if sure he is, without peddling some perceived deceptions latently.

God bless you for this eye-opener to gullible ones out there.

3 Likes

Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by ttmacoy: 12:39pm On Feb 17, 2016
Hahaha I thought this was about your friend.

Afam4eva:

This Federal Skilled Work program has always tickled my fancy but when I researched about it, the application sounded long and enduring and it seems there is an atom of luck in it.

4 Likes

Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by kife(m): 5:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
justwise:
[b]

Typical of visa agent, this is what you tell your victims to deceive them so as to clean them up.

Does it mean that people who secure a study visa, can't work and make it in the system.?
Does it mean, people who can get a study permit, can't afford their fees with pays from canadian Jobs?
Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 17, 2016
noblealuu:

Being objective at times is a virtue. This fellow would have simply balanced his marketing strategy as an agent, if sure he is, without peddling some perceived deceptions latently.

kife:

Does it mean that people who secure a study visa, can't work and make it in the system.?
Does it mean, people who can get a study permit, can't afford their fees with pays from canadian Jobs?

How do you intend to pay 10's of thousand in dollars with a $10/hour (20hours a week) job?..
Of course, you can make it if you go through the correct route, and not like the aduro stuffs one poster typed up there.

3 Likes

Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by justwise(m): 11:51pm On Feb 17, 2016
noblealuu:

He is a visa agent I know here with another ID.

It's dangerous to mislead people like he did here. I wonder how some people sleep at night

3 Likes

Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by justwise(m): 11:54pm On Feb 17, 2016
kife:

saxywale:

How do you intend to pay 10's of thousand in dollars with a $10/hour (20hours a week) job?..
Of course, you can make it if you go through the correct route, and not like the aduro stuffs one poster typed up there.

Answered ^
Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by kife(m): 8:00am On Feb 18, 2016
justwise:

Answered ^
@ Justwise, saxywale
Some people believe one can earn as much as 3k$ per month with so much hardwork, I would like to think that such an individual can actually focus his attention and be able to meet up paying termly fees, a term is About 4mnths.....
If these jobs pay less, can u guys on ground enlighten us all? Does it mean one cant work two job? Does it mean one can't do menial jobs..."gabbage collector, chicken catcher..." types and save to pay tuition?
I will appreciate a clearer explanation. We all are grateful for ur totfulness.

4 Likes

Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 18, 2016
kife:

@ Justwise, saxywale
Some people believe one can earn as much as 3k$ per month with so much hardwork, I would like to think that such an individual can actually focus his attention and be able to meet up paying termly fees, a term is About 4mnths.....
If these jobs pay less, can u guys on ground enlighten us all? Does it mean one cant work two job? Does it mean one can't do menial jobs..."gabbage collector, chicken catcher..." types and save to pay tuition?
There is no way you can ever earn $3k per month as a student. Alot of Canadians working fulltime don't even make that much in a month. You are only allowed to work 20 hours per week, and by the time you are bombarded with assignments and test, you would even wish you didn't have to work during school term, even if it's 15hours.

During your 4 month summer term when you are allowed to work full time, the likely job available would still be a minimum wage job, which would pay circa $1800/ month full time before tax. If your program has a coop option, you may get paid slightly above minimum wage (if engineering or health sciences, you could get close to $20/hr). Then again, coop jobs are competitive as you would be competing against home students with Canadian work experience and education.

And the schooling is not like in Nigeria, once you are about a week overdue on fees, you would not be allowed to attend classes and immigration could get involved( I know someone in this situation at the moment, his state government put a hold on his scholarship). If you are coming to school in Canada, make sure you have sufficient funds to sustain you. The money you will make from part time job when schooling would only be able to sustain your feeding and pay for social stuffs. It would hardly even pay your rent in a month.

There are no part time garbage collector jobs for students, never heard of it. likely job would be in retail like superstore, Walmart, Sears, other small supermarkets, McDonald's, kfc e.t.c

5 Likes

Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by justwise(m): 8:35am On Feb 18, 2016
kife:

@ Justwise, saxywale

Tell those people to stop smoking cheap weed. 3K a month as a student? Yes you can do two jobs but like saxywale explained your chances of making that amount a month is remotely slim.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by kife(m): 8:38am On Feb 18, 2016
saxywale:

There is no way you can ever earn $3k per month as a student. Alot of Canadians working fulltime don't even make that much in a month. You are only allowed to work 20 hours per week, and by the time you are bombarded with assignments and test, you would even wish you didn't have to work during school term, even if it's 15hours.

During your 4 month summer term when you are allowed to work full time, the likely job available would still be a minimum wage job, which would pay circa $1800/ month full time before tax. If your program has a coop option, you may get paid slightly above minimum wage (if engineering or health sciences, you could get close to $20/hr). Then again, coop jobs are competitive as you would be competing against home students with Canadian work experience and education.

And the schooling is not like in Nigeria, once you are about a week overdue on fees, you would not be allowed to attend classes and immigration could get involved( I know someone in this situation at the moment, his state government put a hold on his scholarship). If you are coming to school in Canada, make sure you have sufficient funds to sustain you. The money you will make from part time job when schooling would only be able to sustain your feeding and pay for social stuffs. It would hardly even pay your rent in a month.

There are no part time garbage collector jobs for students, never heard of it. likely job would be in retail like superstore, Walmart, Sears, other small supermarkets, McDonald's, kfc e.t.c

Thank u saxywale.
What then will students who secured admission and a TRV without adequate funds do? How will they survive? Is there no way out?
Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by kife(m): 8:50am On Feb 18, 2016
justwise:

Tell those people to stop smoking cheap weed. 3K a month as a student? Yes you can do two jobs but like saxywale explained your chances of making that amount a month is remotely slim.

I see!
Thank God for this forum
Thank you Justwise, Saxywale and the good people on Nairaland.
This is a true life scenario.

A friend graduated from a Nigerian University, wit a 2.1.given the account statement issues, he used a visa agent to secure a 4 years study permit for a charge of 1.5m ( outrageous sum) yes..he had little or no choices.

He was successful with his application, now the visa is out.

Somewhere on CIC, one can read "Post-secondary student

You may change your school, program, field of study or level of study (e.g. from the Bachelor level to the Masters level) without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid."

Based on what he is being fed now, there are 2 options.

1. Declare asylum, if successful, he gets permit residence status in 6mths, den he can study ad earn well.

2. Apply for an Msc, pass through the pain of paying msc fees.

Share your wise tots, what are his odds?

Ever grateful!!!
Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by justwise(m): 9:11am On Feb 18, 2016
kife:

I see!
Thank God for this forum
Thank you Justwise, Saxywale and the good people on Nairaland.
This is a true life scenario.

A friend graduated from a Nigerian University, wit a 2.1.given the account statement issues, he used a visa agent to secure a 4 years study permit for a charge of 1.5m ( outrageous sum) yes..he had little or no choices.

He was successful with his application, now the visa is out.

Somewhere on CIC, one can read "Post-secondary student

You may change your school, program, field of study or level of study (e.g. from the Bachelor level to the Masters level) without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid."

Based on what he is being fed now, there are 2 options.

1. Declare asylum, if successful, he gets permit residence status in 6mths, den he can study ad earn well.

2. Apply for an Msc, pass through the pain of paying msc fees.

Share your wise tots, what are his odds?

Ever grateful!!!

Send your friend to psychiatrist hospital because he needs help.

A graduate with 2.1 paid 1.5M to an agent for flipping visa with forged bank statement and you are here asking questions on his behalf?

8 Likes

Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by kife(m): 9:14am On Feb 18, 2016
justwise:

Send your friend to psychiatrist hospital because he needs help.

A graduate with 2.1 paid 1.5M to an agent for flipping visa with forged bank statement and you are here asking questions on his behalf?

Problem not solved!
It's what he had access to, at the time.
You see it as madness, yet the deed is done.
So please, share ur tots on how he can mak d best of this.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by Davidson5(m): 2:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
Here's a critical qst i want to ask about an international student who wants to study in canada. Assuming you're already enrolling in the school as a student and you're about to pay for your 1 year tuition fees and the 2 year you having a financial problem would the school STOP your studies or what will they do?
Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 18, 2016
kife:

Thank u saxywale.
What then will students who secured admission and a TRV without adequate funds do? How will they survive? Is there no way out?

He would be asked to withdraw if he can't meet his financial obligations, and CIC may get involved. like I said earlier, I know someone in that situation at the moment. Rivers state stopped his scholarship and CIC has given him a date to voluntarily leave the country.

Your friend won't be able to claim asylum, there is no war going on in Nigeria, and there is no refugee crisis except your friend is from Syria. He would have to find a way of paying and continue his studies.
Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by kife(m): 4:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
hartson:

Hey bro,which one is aduro option again?what is it about?I want to know.Thanks

Aduro...simply connotes asylum claims
Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by kife(m): 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
saxywale:

He would be asked to withdraw if he can't meet his financial obligations, and CIC may get involved. like I said earlier, I know someone in that situation at the moment. Rivers state stopped his scholarship and CIC has given him a date to voluntarily leave the country.

Your friend won't be able to claim asylum, there is no war going on in Nigeria, and there is no refugee crisis except your friend is from Syria. He would have to find a way of paying and continue his studies.

Thanks alot saxywale. I am really grateful for ur time.
As a masters graduate, are there jobs that could be dream come tru 4 him? Wot kinda pay does such an individual expect in the system?
Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by noblealuu: 4:55pm On Feb 18, 2016
Pleas o gurus in the house I need clarification on Temporary Work Permit for a spouse on study visa (Full-time) who happens to be a professional whose job is regulated eg Nurse, Pharm, Med lab etc.

How can the spouse's TWP enable them maximize this privilege?.

What are the procedures involved?

What restrictions and pitfalls to avoid in other not to batter Naija's image abroad?

Justwise, sexywale, etal, please do justice to this pertinent issue. God bless!
Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 18, 2016
kife:

Thanks alot saxywale. I am really grateful for ur time.
As a masters graduate, are there jobs that could be dream come tru 4 him? Wot kinda pay does such an individual expect in the system?

Varies.
Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 18, 2016
noblealuu:
Pleas o gurus in the house I need clarification on Temporary Work Permit for a spouse on study visa (Full-time) who happens to be a professional whose job is regulated eg Nurse, Pharm, Med lab etc.
How can the spouse's TWP enable them maximize this privilege?.
What are the procedures involved?
What restrictions and pitfalls to avoid in other not to batter Naija's image abroad?
Justwise, s'a'xywale, etal, please do justice to this pertinent issue. God bless!
If anyone of you is in a regulated profession. you would need to sit for equivalency exams.If successful on these exams, there are pnp and the express entry program for skilled professionals to obtain PR in Canada.
You would need to contact the regulatory body for that particular profession in Canada on the process involved
you would most likely need letters of good standing from the regulatory body in charge of that profession in Nigeria as well.
Regulated professions in healthcare pay extremely well.
Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by noblealuu: 6:08pm On Feb 18, 2016
saxywale:

If anyone of you is in a regulated profession. you would need to sit for equivalency exams.If successful on these exams, there are pnp and the express entry program for skilled professionals to obtain PR in Canada.
You would need to contact the regulatory body for that particular profession in Canada on the process involved
you would most likely need letters of good standing from the regulatory body in charge of that profession in Nigeria as well.

Thank you for the swift reply!

Ok let me come plain; assuming my wife is on student visa (M.Sc./PhD), and I fall under the above-stated regulated profession, yes, what are my expected dos and don't s in naija prior before leaving the shores? Will I go with my notarised praticing license and write the regularization/equivalency exam over ther, upon arrival? Or would I be expected to do the exam back home?

Pls someone help, am relatively blank!
Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 18, 2016
noblealuu:

Thank you for the swift reply!

Ok let me come plain; assuming my wife is on student visa (M.Sc./PhD), and I fall under the above-stated regulated profession, yes, what are my expected dos and don't s in naija prior before leaving the shores? Will I go with my notarised praticing license and write the regularization/equivalency exam over ther, upon arrival? Or would I be expected to do the exam back home?

Pls someone help, am relatively blank!
I only have an idea on the process for pharmacist, and not other health professions. You would need to visit the website of your regulatory body in charge of your profession in Canada.
Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by kife(m): 7:16pm On Feb 18, 2016
saxywale:

Varies.

What's the range pls?
An Msc in Economics
Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 18, 2016
kife:

What's the range pls?
An Msc in Economics

I don't know. m not in that field. That's why I said earning varies from province to province, and what sort of company you work for. Same is obtainable anyhere in the World
Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by noblealuu: 9:16pm On Feb 18, 2016
saxywale:

I only have an idea on the process for pharmacist, and not other health professions. You would need to visit the website of your regulatory body in charge of your profession in Canada.

Thank you, I would do more findings. But then, I think all the health regulatory bodies will more or less have same modus operandi.
Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by noblealuu: 10:55pm On Feb 19, 2016

Hmm the entire process is complex and really an up-hill task

Don't know if it's same with the regulatory body for Pharmacy, including the final exam that would preceed the issuance of licence. The body said 'the exam must be written in Canada' on some designated months, February, June and October in the case of Med Lab. Science...this really require some great planning.

Not to talk about the huge financial involvement.
Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by kife(m): 1:35pm On Feb 27, 2016
justwise:

I am going to quote someone from the travelling to Canada page, I can't place the poster now, but I would love Saxywale and Justwise to comment on this post pls.
I say it was tough because it requires a lot of hard work not compared tto what we are used to in Nigeria. If you wanna transition into a permanent resident in this country, youve gotta follow certain rules like keeping a job for a certain period, which is usually 1 year to be eligible to apply under the Canadian Experience Class CEC (you can read up on CEC online). many jobs; especially oil field jobs (white or blue collar) require you to put in lots of overtime. I had to work 12 hours a day for six days a week not stop for a period of 5months. It is really stressfull plus youve gotta brace up for the weather if you are required to work outside, which is really really cold (as cold as -30 to -40 degrees) up north Alberta.

Now i studied for 3 semesters in total out of which my folks payed for two semesters. i remember i took a summer semester off to go hustle in Alberta for 4 months in 2013 summer and I literally worked for 12 hours everyday from monday to saturday, as a landscape labourer. It was a really tough job for tough men only. but I made my tuition fees within that period ($8,000) while i was paying rent and other bills and I still had enough money saved that lasted me thru my final semester back in Ontario. I must have made $14,000 during that 4 month summer break but i spent it all on my tuition fees, flight tickets, bills bills bills.

Good news was that in this part of the world, there are lots of job opportunities that pay well, but only wise people can manage their finances because everything around is expensive too. There was no way i could have had a legit job in naija, without connections, without being the son of a politician or a crook and make take home after taxes $14,000 in four months.

IS THIS POSSIBLE??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by hartson(m): 8:26pm On Feb 27, 2016
kife:

@ Justwise, saxywale

o boi you funny ooo!!! chicken catcher ni grin grin grin grin grin grin so that is what you eyeing to do abroad.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 27, 2016
noblealuu:

Hmm the entire process is complex and really an up-hill task

Don't know if it's same with the regulatory body for Pharmacy, including the final exam that would preceed the issuance of licence. The body said 'the exam must be written in Canada' on some designated months, February, June and October in the case of Med Lab. Science...this really require some great planning.

Not to talk about the huge financial involvement.
For pharmacist, all exams are written in canada and it takes most geniuses around 2 years to study and successfully write most of the exams. The exams are tough for pharms as I have friends with MSc in pharm related courses from different countries in the world still struggling to pass some of the exams.. I know it's tough for nurses and doctors too, took my doctor friend 4 years and he had to travel to a remote location in Saskatchewan to get it done in 4 years. I am sure Saxywale's wife is a pharmacist. Maybe he can contribute more to this topic.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Jobs In Canada by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 27, 2016
kife:

I am going to quote someone from the travelling to Canada page, I can't place the poster now, but I would love Saxywale and Justwise to comment on this post pls.
I say it was tough because it requires a lot of hard work not compared tto what we are used to in Nigeria. If you wanna transition into a permanent resident in this country, youve gotta follow certain rules like keeping a job for a certain period, which is usually 1 year to be eligible to apply under the Canadian Experience Class CEC (you can read up on CEC online). many jobs; especially oil field jobs (white or blue collar) require you to put in lots of overtime. I had to work 12 hours a day for six days a week not stop for a period of 5months. It is really stressfull plus youve gotta brace up for the weather if you are required to work outside, which is really really cold (as cold as -30 to -40 degrees) up north Alberta.

Now i studied for 3 semesters in total out of which my folks payed for two semesters. i remember i took a summer semester off to go hustle in Alberta for 4 months in 2013 summer and I literally worked for 12 hours everyday from monday to saturday, as a landscape labourer. It was a really tough job for tough men only. but I made my tuition fees within that period ($8,000) while i was paying rent and other bills and I still had enough money saved that lasted me thru my final semester back in Ontario. I must have made $14,000 during that 4 month summer break but i spent it all on my tuition fees, flight tickets, bills bills bills.

Good news was that in this part of the world, there are lots of job opportunities that pay well, but only wise people can manage their finances because everything around is expensive too. There was no way i could have had a legit job in naija, without connections, without being the son of a politician or a crook and make take home after taxes $14,000 in four months.

IS THIS POSSIBLE??
Alot of things has changed my friend, CEC has been cancelled( we hope liberal party brings it back), the economy is down and the landscape labourer job is almost impossible to find nowadays as Alberta economy is in a recession due to oil price, and it is dragging other provinces down with it e.g Sask and I believe Nova Scotia and some other Eastern provinces, since alot of people come to work in Alberta to support their family back home in the east. Normally, people run away from such jobs but nowadays, people would take any job. In as much as everything the person you quoted said was right, but you can also judge the amount of work he did to raise the money just for one term. What if he or she had no family member to support with the other two terms ??

Mind you, most common jobs available for students are still minimum wage job were you would even be lucky to get 30 hours a week during summer holidays. The young fella that wrote that up there was just lucky to even get that job (when the economy was buoyant) that afforded him the opportunity to raise that kind of money.

In addition to what justwise n saxywale@gmail said, a student can only work 20hours a week during school term usually minimum wage. That money would only be "chop" money.

Best bet is to search for schools with coop options, and of course, you would still need support from home or wherever as coop would just make life a little easy and pay more than minimum wage, but also have in mind that coop jobs are not guaranteed by the schools.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My First Visit To The Eko Atlantic City (pictures And Video) / 30 Northern Youths Hiding Behind Baskets Of Pepper Inside Trailer Caught In Ogun / The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.