Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Gay Couples Says "I Do" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gay Couples Says "I Do" (821 Views)

Is It A Sin For Christian Couples To Have Sex On Sunday Before Going To Church ? / Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ / Omega Power Ministries Weds 140 Couples Same Day (photos/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gay Couples Says "I Do" by misreal(m): 8:05am On Jul 26, 2015
After a journey toward marriage equality, couples across the nation are now able to make their love and commitment legal and have just begun to celebrate. For many, the road that led to the Supreme Court ruling was long and hard fought, which makes the celebration even sweeter. Ray Fallon, left, and Steven Rosen, right, embrace on their wedding day at Plymouth Church, New York, where they had a small ceremony in the presence of family and friends. Their wedding was photograped by Rosen's friend Alan Barnett.
Hide Caption
1 of 9

Same-sex couples say 'I do' 9 photos
Nathania, left, and Ilana Horowitz admire Ilana's pregnant belly carrying twins. They are both social workers living in Queens, New York, and have been together for five years. They are expecting a boy and a girl. Having their marriage nationally recognized gives their family security, Nathania said. Steven Rosen photographed their wedding day.
Hide Caption
2 of 9

The timing of the Supreme Court ruling could not have been better for Drew Montalvo, left, and Eric Hanser. A year-and-a-half prior, they set their wedding date for June 27, 2015, without the slightest idea of what was to come the day before. Montalvo is an internationally recognized DJ, but he is in the process of being known by a different name. In what he describes as a progressive effort, Montalvo will be taking his husband's last name. They said "I do" on the barrier island of Fire Island Pines in New York, as captured by Lotus Wedding Photography.
Hide Caption
3 of 9

For Cheryl Curtis, left, and Nina Welch, right, of Missouri, the journey to get married took them to Palm Coast, Florida, where they exchanged vows on May 10, 2015. They have been together for 11 years and enjoy going on road trips that take them to new, undiscovered places. Photo by A. Harris Photography.
Hide Caption
4 of 9

Robert Ungemach, left, and Keith Emmons, right, of Dallas have been together for 19 years and said they never thought they would see same-sex marriage legal in their lifetime. They had a commitment ceremony in 2004 in Hawaii and will legally say "I do" in a Gatsby-themed wedding in August. They are having custom-made wedding rings that feature Koa wood from Hawaii and the gold from Ungemach's great grandparents' wedding rings, who emigrated from Lithuania. Photo by Steven Rosen.
Hide Caption
5 of 9

Minneapolis couple Gregory Weber, left, and James Barnett thrive on the spontaneous moments in life. After a surprise trip to New York City, Broadway shows and a walk to the Lincoln Center, Weber proposed to Barnett on May 20, 2015. That night the couple of 10 years celebrated amongst close friends, but the party had just begun. Two days later, the couple exchanged vows on the landscape of New York City's High Line, as captured by Steven Rosen Photography.
Hide Caption
6 of 9

Charlotte Soucey, left, and Lauren Watts originally eloped to Hawaii in 2013, but wanted to share their commitment with loved ones and opted for a second ceremony one year later in Ocala, Florida. They have been together for three years and Watts will soon be taking Soucey's last name. Photo by A. Harris Photography.
Hide Caption
7 of 9

After 13 years together, Greg Smith, left, and Jack O'Leary, right, officially wed in Boston on their anniversary, June 6, 2015. The ceremony was officiated by O'Leary's twin brother Tom O'Leary, center, captured by Lisa's Loupe Photography. After the wedding they took the celebration to Paris where they had a second ceremony during Paris Gay Pride.
Hide Caption
8 of 9

Long Beach, New York, couple Lauren, left, and Christine Rapkin smile on their wedding day June 25, 2015, in Puerto Morelos, Mexico. They have been together for eight years and wed the day before the landmark Supreme Court decision. Christine is a critical care nurse and Lauren is an event planner and together they enjoy kayaking, beach volleyball and hiking with their dog. Photo courtesy Nicole Barr Photography.
Hide Caption
9 of 9

After a journey toward marriage equality, couples across the nation are now able to make their love and commitment legal and have just begun to celebrate. For many, the road that led to the Supreme Court ruling was long and hard fought, which makes the celebration even sweeter. Ray Fallon, left, and Steven Rosen, right, embrace on their wedding day at Plymouth Church, New York, where they had a small ceremony in the presence of family and friends. Their wedding was photograped by Rosen's friend Alan Barnett.
Hide Caption
1 of 9

Nathania, left, and Ilana Horowitz admire Ilana's pregnant belly carrying twins. They are both social workers living in Queens, New York, and have been together for five years. They are expecting a boy and a girl. Having their marriage nationally recognized gives their family security, Nathania said. Steven Rosen photographed their wedding day.
Hide Caption
2 of 9

The timing of the Supreme Court ruling could not have been better for Drew Montalvo, left, and Eric Hanser. A year-and-a-half prior, they set their wedding date for June 27, 2015, without the slightest idea of what was to come the day before. Montalvo is an internationally recognized DJ, but he is in the process of being known by a different name. In what he describes as a progressive effort, Montalvo will be taking his husband's last name. They said "I do" on the barrier island of Fire Island Pines in New York, as captured by Lotus Wedding Photography.
Hide Caption
3 of 9

For Cheryl Curtis, left, and Nina Welch, right, of Missouri, the journey to get married took them to Palm Coast, Florida, where they exchanged vows on May 10, 2015. They have been together for 11 years and enjoy going on road trips that take them to new, undiscovered places. Photo by A. Harris Photography.
Hide Caption
4 of 9

Robert Ungemach, left, and Keith Emmons, right, of Dallas have been together for 19 years and said they never thought they would see same-sex marriage legal in their lifetime. They had a commitment ceremony in 2004 in Hawaii and will legally say "I do" in a Gatsby-themed wedding in August. They are having custom-made wedding rings that feature Koa wood from Hawaii and the gold from Ungemach's great grandparents' wedding rings, who emigrated from Lithuania. Photo by Steven Rosen.
Hide Caption
5 of 9

From Around the Web

30 Places to Go Before You Turn 30 (Pride.com)

Taiwan presidency: Nationalists formally approve pro-China candidate (Nikkei Asian Review)

Best and Worst Cities Ranked for Expat Employees (Brink)

Former US President George H.W. Bush breaks a neck bone in fall at home (Nikkei Asian Review)

Revealed: 5 Signs She Wants You On Her Bed (Listmost.com)
More from CNN

F1 fuel's hidden 1%: The best kept secret in sport?

Singer Chris Brown stranded and confused in Philippines

Kit Harington photo spurs rumors about Jon Snow's fate

Scientist who studied 9/11 dust dies

What legal consequences could Bill Cosby face now?
Recommended by

More from US

Massive fire engulfs Las Vegas hotel pool deck

Massive fire engulfs Las Vegas hotel pool deck

Lafayette theater shooter switched license plates, had wigs waiting in hotel

Spelman College discontinues professorship funded by Cosbys

KKK mural in courthouse sparks debate

London, United Kingdom 15°

Re: Gay Couples Says "I Do" by ELTON123(m): 8:07am On Jul 26, 2015
ENDTIME undecided
Re: Gay Couples Says "I Do" by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 26, 2015
t
Re: Gay Couples Says "I Do" by misreal(m): 8:09am On Jul 26, 2015
ELTON123:
ENDTIME undecided
why u first me comment..
Re: Gay Couples Says "I Do" by RedCard1(m): 8:17am On Jul 26, 2015
Beautiful
Re: Gay Couples Says "I Do" by misreal(m): 8:18am On Jul 26, 2015
RedCard1:
Beautiful
beauty wet in??
Re: Gay Couples Says "I Do" by menesheh(m): 8:21am On Jul 26, 2015
Gay is not only for marriage but a form of sharing love, feelings and affection grin
Re: Gay Couples Says "I Do" by adorablevic: 8:28am On Jul 26, 2015
Ewww..
Re: Gay Couples Says "I Do" by eyenibibio(m): 10:27am On Jul 26, 2015
It's just a matter of time before Gay is legalised in Nigeria. #Homophobic
Re: Gay Couples Says "I Do" by misreal(m): 12:41pm On Jul 26, 2015
eyenibibio:
It's just a matter of time before Gay is legalised in Nigeria. #Homophobic
so I think too.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

New Grail Message / What Is Google Up To? / The Christian God’s Stance On Slavery.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.