Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Petlanders Please Help!!! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Petlanders Please Help!!! (2459 Views)

Petlanders, Please Take Note Of This New Scamming Method! / A Big Tank U To All Petlanders...from bobby saxy kennel / Attention All Petlanders!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petlanders Please Help!!! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
I just got this guy from a careless owner who only fed him biscuit and milk.
So i know he's local but he looks mixed to me......what breed is he?.....cos the ears look too large for local breeds and the nuzzle too. :-

Also apart from milk, indomie, egg and fsh.....what other thing can he eat to gain weight ?

**modified**
I was just corrected about my topic....pls help a sister
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
NO ONE WANTS TO HELP NI?
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by pmadise(m): 11:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
I think u need to visit the closest Vet to u 1st. If ur concern is food alone, then u may consider dry food and/or Indomie waste.
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by CodeineJunkiee(m): 12:06am On Jul 27, 2015
I think feeding him raw would help with the weight gain coupled with vitamin supplements. Best of luck!
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 27, 2015
pmadise:
I think u need to visit the closest Vet to u 1st. If ur concern is food alone, then u may consider dry food and/or Indomie waste.
Ive done that....vaccines and all.
Can yu help me with the breed....im confused
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 27, 2015
CodeineJunkiee:
I think feeding him raw would help with the weight gain coupled with vitamin supplements. Best of luck!
Isn't he too young for raw food? Im not sure about his age tho. undecided

@oluomoadebayo.....prodegee help a sister out.
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by pmadise(m): 12:31am On Jul 27, 2015
MsPat:

Ive done that....vaccines and all.
Can yu help me with the breed....im confused

Not an expert...not even close to being called one as demanded in your subject. Perhaps that discouraged some people to contribute. That said, I think you've a lovely pet but I'm afraid I dont want to guess the breed for now. May I know how old and the sex? Whats the vet's opinion, advice etc?
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 27, 2015
pmadise:

Not an expert...not even close to being called one as demanded in your subject. Perhaps that discouraged some people to contribute. That said, I think you've a lovely pet but I'm afraid I dont want to guess the breed for now. May I know how old and the sex? Whats the vet's opinion, advice etc?
Well its male and we are guessing its about 6-8weeks old.....not sure. I've had it for 2 weeks now....it was really small then so it might be younger.

The vet told me about deworming, vitamins and all. It also had a shot for viral infections.....just regular stuff. The guy i got it from was just cruel and i pitied it......so i know nothing about its background.

1 Like

Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by pmadise(m): 2:35am On Jul 27, 2015
MsPat:

Well its male and we are guessing its about 6-8weeks old.....not sure. I've had it for 2 weeks now....it was really small then so it might be younger.

The vet told me about deworming, vitamins and all. It also had a shot for viral infections.....just regular stuff. The guy i got it from was just cruel and i pitied it......so i know nothing about its background.

You've started well and I trust you'll get the desired help here. Well done!!! smiley
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by coolsegun2002: 3:25am On Jul 27, 2015
It's clear uve have some attachment with dis puppy nd dats great...just take good care of him..pls don't bother about d breed or purity...nairaland pet section peeps can be quite wicked with words sometimes...if u r regular in dis section u'll see names like ekuke, calabar warrior, 404..etc..incase u r confused,these are names people giv other people's loving pet which they initially felt was a Gsd or some other exotic breed....nd I feel if we can all give the care nd attention these oyinbos(permit me to call dem dat) give their pet no matter d breed...our pets will turnout great..I'm not a dog expert though I have two of dem...if u rich enuf by canned food for him..if not indomitable waste cost about 100naira per kilo..with fish (shawa or Titus ain't that expensive..)or meat or even chicken... if u live close to shop rite like me...u can get 2kg of recoverd/ unsold chicken nd bones for less Dan 500naira..nd don't forget regular deworming....nd vaccination...ur vet will update with u the rest..kapish
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 27, 2015
coolsegun2002:
It's clear uve have some attachment with dis puppy nd dats great...just take good care of him..pls don't bother about d breed or purity...nairaland pet section peeps can be quite wicked with words sometimes...if u r regular in dis section u'll see names like ekuke, calabar warrior, 404..etc..incase u r confused,these are names people giv other people's loving pet which they initially felt was a Gsd or some other exotic breed....nd I feel if we can all give the care nd attention these oyinbos(permit me to call dem dat) give their pet no matter d breed...our pets will turnout great..I'm not a dog expert though I have two of dem...if u rich enuf by canned food for him..if not indomitable waste cost about 100naira per kilo..with fish (shawa or Titus ain't that expensive..)or meat or even chicken... if u live close to shop rite like me...u can get 2kg of recoverd/ unsold chicken nd bones for less Dan 500naira..nd don't forget regular deworming....nd vaccination...ur vet will update with u the rest..kapish
Thanks....do i just ask for d chicken stuff at shoprite...
..is there any procedure?
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by oluomoadebayo: 6:35am On Jul 27, 2015
MsPat:

As for me, I started feeding raw at 3 weeks but I make sure the source is good.
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 27, 2015
oluomoadebayo:

Thanks.....raw fish...chicken right?
Also when can we start obedience training?
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by pmadise(m): 6:49am On Jul 27, 2015
MsPat:

State your location and those around you will direct you better or simply ask your vet.
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by pmadise(m): 6:52am On Jul 27, 2015
oluomoadebayo:

@Oluomoadebayo, your comments are readers' delight any day. Perhaps you've not been told...pls keep it up...Sir!
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by oluomoadebayo: 6:53am On Jul 27, 2015
MsPat:

Thanks.....raw fish...chicken right?
Also when can we start obedience training?

Yes you can start basic obedience training if you know how .
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by oluomoadebayo: 6:54am On Jul 27, 2015
pmadise:

@Oluomoadebayo, your comments are readers' delight any day. Perhaps you've not been told...pls keep it up...Sir!

Thanks.
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by coolsegun2002: 7:49am On Jul 27, 2015
MsPat:

I walked up to d meat section told dem I have pets..dat I need bone for ma dogs..they were the ones dat now told me they have chicken nd chicken bones..so I settle the guy once in a while cos lots of people own pet nd come for the same thing..i live in ibadan..wheneva he'd selling he keeps mine since he knows i'll give him small roger..
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by oluomoadebayo: 9:07am On Jul 27, 2015
coolsegun2002:

I walked up to d meat section told dem I have pets..dat I need bone for ma dogs..they were the ones dat now told me they have chicken nd chicken bones..so I settle the guy once in a while cos lots of people own pet nd come for the same thing..i live in ibadan..wheneva he'd selling he keeps mine since he knows i'll give him small roger..

Cooked or uncooked?
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by 123papas(m): 10:48am On Jul 27, 2015
Deworm your dog
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by coolsegun2002: 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
oluomoadebayo:

Cooked or uncooked?
Uncooked,
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by oluomoadebayo: 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2015
coolsegun2002:

Uncooked,

Can you give me your contact?
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by coolsegun2002: 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2015
oluomoadebayo:

Can you give me your contact?
I don't see any email in my box..but I was notified here.......08114673226
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by Prodeegee(m): 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2015
MsPat:

maam, its prodeegee smiley

your dog looks cool, i dont think theres a need to delve into raw feeding. feed your dog cooked food, ensure balanced diet. and make sure protein is a big part of the meal. from boiled fish to beans to fruits and all.

you also dont want him overweight, this might cause serious health issues. and please, the local dog's immune system is already as strong as it should be. dont vaccinate your dog. deworming is fine.

hope this helps
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 27, 2015
Prodeegee:

maam, its prodeegee smiley

your dog looks cool, i dont think theres a need to delve into raw feeding. feed your dog cooked food, ensure balanced diet. and make sure protein is a big part of the meal. from boiled fish to beans to fruits and all.

you also dont want him overweight, this might cause serious health issues. and please, the local dog's immune system is already as strong as it should be. dont vaccinate your dog. deworming is fine.

hope this helps
Thanks....
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 27, 2015
coolsegun2002:

I live in ibadan too.....is it the one at dugbe?
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by coolsegun2002: 2:54pm On Jul 27, 2015
MsPat:

I live in ibadan too.....is it the one at dugbe?
Yep
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by Tylerdan(m): 10:31pm On Jul 27, 2015
Ma you have a wonderful looking dog.
Please my advice is stick to cooked food. And dont be to eager to have your dog eating too much as it recovers from the infections it had it'll naturally eat better. Dogs at this age need protein lots of it but in a balance diet so that they dont become over weight.

Start your obedience training as soon as possible.

As for the breed of dog you have while its nice to know its not really important but if you are really all out to know visit a good DOG VET as pics are never enough to tell exactly which breed is in a living lovely Dog.

2 Likes

Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by AKMoney1(m): 12:01am On Jul 28, 2015
MsPat:
I just got this guy from a careless owner who only fed him biscuit and milk.
So i know he's local but he looks mixed to me......what breed is he?.....cos the ears look too large for local breeds and the nuzzle too. :-

Also apart from milk, indomie, egg and fsh.....what other thing can he eat to gain weight ?

**modified**
I was just corrected about my topic....pls help a sister

Can I buy your dog? grin
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 28, 2015
AKMoney1:

Can I buy your dog? grin
Meaning?
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by AKMoney1(m): 8:29am On Jul 28, 2015
MsPat:

Meaning?

Read that again cheesy
Re: Petlanders Please Help!!! by knyte(m): 10:10am On Jul 28, 2015
Thank you for loving another dog who needs it. U can msg me on whatsapp (08078645882) I stay at Ibadan too so I can share whatever knowledge I have to help u with ur dog and others to come

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lhasa Apso & Caucasian: They Are Both For Sale.. / Ginger, My Intelligent Female GSD (Diary) / Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.