Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Which One Of This Word Is Correct? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which One Of This Word Is Correct? (426 Views)

Do Not Go To Google And Check The Meaning Of This Word / Hello Nigerians! This Word Doesn't Exist! [you Won't Believe This] / English Gurus!!! How Was Your Day Or How Is Your Day? Which Statement Is Correct (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which One Of This Word Is Correct? by Lanceslot(m): 10:30am On Jul 27, 2015
I've seen people misuse "being" as "been" and this got me confused. Which one of this is correct? I like been simple or I like being simple.
Re: Which One Of This Word Is Correct? by solodox(m): 10:44am On Jul 27, 2015
Difference between being and
been These words are often confused by
Nigerians. Although they are both forms of the
primary auxiliary verb be, they are used in different grammatical structures. The word been is the past participle form of be. It is used after have. I have been to Australia. The postman has already been. The word being is the present participle form of the verb be. It is not used after have. As a rule, being is used after a form of be (is, am,
are, was, were). He is being sick. (= He is vomiting.) (NOT He
has being sick.) Who is being a silly baby, then? I was being careful. Are you following?

2 Likes

Re: Which One Of This Word Is Correct? by ksbusari(m): 11:18am On Jul 27, 2015
'I like being simple' is the correct one. D person above me has said everytin u need to knw. Pls to d guy above me here. Kindly help wit the difference between 'could' and could not. Lyk. I could not do any better and i could not have done any better.

(1) (Reply)

Apply For NNPC 2015 Recruitment Form Is Currently On Sale / How To Apply For 2016 TED Program / How Is It Like Doing A Masters Programme In UNIPORT???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.