Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,608 members, 7,958,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:33 AM

Al Taqquiya - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Al Taqquiya (1988 Views)

He Used Al-qur'an Paper To Smoke Cigarettes / Islam Is Not For Non-arabs: Al-quran / In Africa Alone Every Day 16,000 Muslims Leave Islam: Ahmad Al Qataani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Al Taqquiya by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 27, 2015
As a result of sunni muslim lies(al taqquiya) that al taqquiya is a shia muslim concept, i decided to go on line and search about the truth about this fundermental islamic doctrine. source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiya

In Shi'a Islam, taqiya (تقیة taqiyyah/taqīyah) is a form of religious lie,[1] or a legal dispensation whereby a believing individual can deny his faith or commit otherwise illegal or blasphemous acts, specially while they are in fear or at risk of significant persecution.[2] A similar concept in Sunni Islam is known as idtirar (إضطرار) "coercion". A related concept is known as kitman "concealment; dissimulation by omission". Also related is the concept of ḥiyal, legalistic deception practiced not necessarily in a religious context but to gain political or legalistic advantage.

This practice was emphasized in Shi'a Islam whereby adherents may conceal their religion when they are under threat, persecution, or compulsion. Taqiyya was developed to protect Shi'ites who were usually in minority and under pressure, and Shi'a Muslims as the persecuted minority have taken recourse to dissimulation from the time of the mihna (persecution) under Al-Ma'mun in the 9th century, while the politically dominant Sunnites rarely found it necessary to resort to dissimulation.

In Sunni jurisprudence, denying faith under duress or other permissible reasons as per Islamic law is viewed "only at most permitted and not under all circumstances obligatory". However, there are many examples of practicing taqiyya among Sunnis where it was necessary.

In the Shi'a view, taqiyya is lawful in situations where there is overwhelming danger of loss of life or property and where no danger to religion would occur thereby. Taqiyya has also been legitimised, particularly among Twelver Shia, in order to maintain Muslim unity and fraternity.
Re: Al Taqquiya by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2015
Etymology and Quranic basis
The term taqiyya (Arabic: تقیة‎ taqiyyah/taqīyah) is derived from the Arabic triliteral root wāw-qāf-yā, denoting "fear", or "prudence, guarding against (a danger)".[8] Term taqwa "piety" (lit. "fear [of God]"wink is from the same root.[9] The term is derived from the Quranic reference to religious dissimulation in Sura 3:28:

"Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully (illā an tattaqū minhum tuqāt)."
The two words tattaqū ("you fear"wink and tuqāt "in fear" are derived from this root, and the abstract noun taqiyyah refers to the general principle connected with the situation described here, first recorded in a Qur'anic gloss by Al-Bukhari (9th century).[10]

Regarding 3:28, Ibn Kathir writes, "meaning, except those believers who in some areas or times fear for their safety from the disbelievers. In this case, such believers are allowed to show friendship to the disbelievers outwardly, but never inwardly." He quotes Muhammad's companion, Abu Ad-Darda', who said "we smile in the face of some people although our hearts curse them," and Al-Hasan who said "the Tuqyah is acceptable till the Day of Resurrection."

A similar instance of the Qur'an permitting dissimulation under compulsion is found in Sura 16:106,[12] Sunni and Shi'a commentators alike observe that verse 16:106 refers to the case of 'Ammar b. Yasir, who was forced to renounce his beliefs under physical duress and torture. The term for the related concept of kitman "secrecy, concealment" is derived from a root kāf-tā-mīm (ك ت م) "conceal". The two terms taqiyyah and kitman may be used synonymously , although the former has the more inclusive meaning of "dissimulation" in general, while the later refers to the "concealment" of one's convictions by silence or omission.
Re: Al Taqquiya by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2015
Sunni Islam view
Sunnis believe that it is allowed to deny faith under compulsion, threat, and fear of death, as long as the heart remains firm in faith,.

Sunni jurisprudence does not use the term taqiyya, yet it is de facto practiced as such according to Islamic law against sinners. Protecting one's belief during extreme or exigent circumstances is called idtirar (إضطرار), which translates to "being forced" or "being coerced", and this word is not specific to concealing the faith, for example, under the jurisprudence of idtirar one is allowed to consume prohibited or Haram food to protect one's life, e.g. starving to death. Some Sunnis also disagree with some of the Shi'a's view of Taqiyya.

Additionally, denying one's faith under duress is "only at most permitted and not under all circumstances obligatory". Al-Tabari comments on sura XVI, verse 106 (Tafsir, Bulak 1323, xxiv, 122): "If any one is compelled and professes unbelief with his tongue, while his heart contradicts him, in order to escape his enemies, no blame falls on him, because God takes his servants as their hearts believe." This verse was recorded after Ammar Yasir was forced by the idolaters of Mecca to recant his faith and denounce the Islamic prophet Muhammad. Al-Tabari explains that concealing one's faith is only justified if the person is in mortal danger, and even then martyrdom is considered a noble alternative. If threatened, it would be preferable for a Muslim to migrate to a more peaceful place where a person may practice their faith openly, "since God's earth is wide." In Hadith, in the Sunni commentary of Sahih al-Bukhari, known as the Fath al-Bari, it is stated that:

أجمعوا على أن من أكره على الكفر واختار القتل أنه أعظم أجرا عند الله ممن اختار الرخصة ، وأما غير الكفر فإن أكره على أكل الخنزير وشرب الخمر مثلا فالفعل أولى

Which translates to:

There is a consensus that whomsoever is forced into apostasy and chooses death has a greater reward than a person who takes the license [to deny one's faith under duress], but if a person is being forced to eat pork or drink wine, then they should do that [instead of choosing death].
Re: Al Taqquiya by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2015
Contemporary debate
In 2004, Lebanese Druze scholar Sami Makarem published the monograph Al Taqiyya Fi Al Islam ("Dissimulation in Islam"wink, arguing that the concept should be considered "mainstream" and ubiquitous in modern Islamic politics,

"Taqiyya is of fundamental importance in Islam. Practically every Islamic sect agrees to it and practices it. We can go so far as to say that the practice of taqiyya is mainstream in Islam, and that those few sects not practicing it diverge from the mainstream...Taqiyya is very prevalent in Islamic politics, especially in the modern era." (p. 7, trans. Raymond Ibrahim).
Since the 2000s, taqiyya has become a frequently invoked concept in debates surrounding criticism of Islam and especially Islamic extremism. Islamic scholars tend to emphasize that taqiyya is only permissible under duress, and that the inflationary use of the term qualifies as "a staple of right-wing Islamophobia in North America" (Mohammad Fadel 2013), or "Taqiyya libel against Muslims" while their critics accuse them of practicing "taqiyya about taqiyya" (Raymond Ibrahim, 2014).
Re: Al Taqquiya by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2015
Since the 2000s, taqiyya has become a frequently invoked concept in debates surrounding criticism of Islam and especially Islamic extremism

This explains why nairaland sunni muslims lie so much and they do it so confidently. But the question is why should one believe in a religion that asks you to tell lies to defend it is that not a major red flag that it is a false 419 religion? cc demmzy15 and other muslim liars
Re: Al Taqquiya by channelz: 5:50pm On Jul 27, 2015
Nice one op. Kindly, what's the difference:

•Genesis 20:2 Abraham introduced his wife, Sarah, by saying, "She is my sister." So King Abimelech of Gerar sent for Sarah and had her brought to him at his palace.

•2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

I'd like to know.
Re: Al Taqquiya by Scholar8200(m): 6:43pm On Jul 27, 2015
[quote author=channelz post=36332385][/quote]Abraham told a lie and he was made to confess it in Genesis 20:10-12
10 And Abimelech said to Abraham, What did you see [in us] that [justified] you in doing such a thing as this?
11 And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely there is no reverence or fear of God at all in this place, and they will slay me because of my wife.
12 But truly, she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father but not of my mother; and she became my wife.

Hence that quote is not applicable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Al Taqquiya by tartar9(m): 6:45pm On Jul 27, 2015
In Sunni jurisprudence, denying faith under duress or other permissible reasons as per Islamic law is viewed "only at most permitted and not under all circumstances obligatory". what exactly is your problem here?

2 Likes

Re: Al Taqquiya by channelz: 9:17pm On Jul 27, 2015
Scholar8200:
Abraham told a lie and he was made to confess it in Genesis 20:10-12
10 And Abimelech said to Abraham, What did you see [in us] that [justified] you in doing such a thing as this?
11 And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely there is no reverence or fear of God at all in this place, and they will slay me because of my wife.
12 But truly, she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father but not of my mother; and she became my wife.

Hence that quote is not applicable.
Okay.
Re: Al Taqquiya by jcross19: 10:37pm On Jul 27, 2015
channelz:
Okay.
oga channels in what you quoted in verse 12 what did abraham says:? This is a problem when someone uses his or her anus to think.

1 Like

Re: Al Taqquiya by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 28, 2015
tartar9:
In Sunni jurisprudence, denying faith under duress
or other permissible reasons as per Islamic law is
viewed "only at most permitted and not under all
circumstances obligatory".

what exactly is your problem here?

The al taqquiya concept endorsing the telling of lies is what rodents like you use to tell brazen lies to defend your religion when your terrorist brothers commit their evil acts.
Re: Al Taqquiya by channelz: 7:53am On Jul 28, 2015
jcross19:
oga channels in what you quoted in verse 12 what did abraham says:? This is a problem when someone uses his or her anus to think.
Abraham did say he married his sister. So I learned.

Would that be tantamount to incest? No insults, here to learn.

1 Like

Re: Al Taqquiya by jcross19: 8:24am On Jul 28, 2015
[quote author=channelz post=36348336][/quote]don't derail the thread okay but I will help you cain married who? Seth married who? In the history of genesis that's their custom then but moses made it abominable.
Re: Al Taqquiya by channelz: 8:39am On Jul 28, 2015
jcross19:
don't derail the thread okay but I will help you cain married who? Seth married who? In the history of genesis that's their custom then but moses made it abominable.
I see.

Pardon me, but I was of the thinking that:

Genesis 4:16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

That is considering this:

Genesis 4:14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

4:15 And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

I mean, he veered off as a wanderer towards the East, where he met his wife in the land of Nod?

Re: Al Taqquiya by Demmzy15(m): 1:07am On Jul 29, 2015
Jagoon aka jargons the jaguar grin. You know you've shot yourself on the foot? Takkiyah is practiced by Shias, Sunnis are totally against it. Most of the Muslims here on Nairaland are Sunnis incase you don't know. From what you copied and pasted, I found this part interesting and a brother also noticed it:

"In Sunni jurisprudence, denying faith under duress or other permissible reasons as per Islamic law is viewed "only at most permitted and not under all circumstances obligatory".

None of us have been forced to deny our faith under coercion or duress, so this doesn't apply to us. The Shia method of takkiyah is what Paul and Christians practice in order to protect the religion and bring in more converts. But in Sunni Islam, when in extreme conditions like torture just for you to denounce Islam, you can. This practically is not takkiyah, because you're defending yourself rather than the religion(unlike Shia and Christians). So Christians and Shias practice takkiyah, not Sunni Muslims.

Let's take a tour to the takkiyah filled "buybull":-

"By what means?' the LORD asked. " 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,' he said. " 'You will succeed in enticing him,' said the LORD. 'Go and do it.'' 1 Kings 22:22

"So now the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours. The LORD has decreed disaster for you." 1 Kings 22:23

The two above verses explains how the biblical god enjoins lying even encourages it by sending "lying spirits". Indeed very interesting!

"But if the truth of God through my lie(my takkiyah tongue) abounded unto his glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner?" Romans 3:7

"It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill.
The latter do so in love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel.
The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains.
But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Philippians 1:15-18

Paul here admits that he won the hearts of converts through takkiyah, so Jagoon aka jargons the jaguar, could you shed more light of this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Al Taqquiya by Demmzy15(m): 2:07am On Jul 29, 2015
jcross19:
Vulgarity and hooliganism runs in your blood, he asked an honest question. So why the cancelled?

1 Like

Re: Al Taqquiya by truthman2012(m): 9:39am On Jul 29, 2015
Jagoon:

This explains why nairaland sunni muslims lie so much and they do it so confidently. But the question is why should one believe in a religion that asks you to tell lies to defend it is that not a major red flag that it is a false 419 religion? cc demmzy15 and other muslim liars

The devil is a liar and the father of those who lie.
For you are the children of your
father the devil, and you love to
do the evil things he does. He was
a murderer from the beginning.
He has always HATED the TRUTH,
because there is no truth in him.
When he LIES, it is consistent with
his character; for he is a LIAR and
the father of LIES (John 8:44).

A god that enjoins his worshiper to lie is the devil.

1 Like

Re: Al Taqquiya by Demmzy15(m): 10:15am On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2012:

Your last statement perfectly fits your triune god!
Re: Al Taqquiya by truthman2013: 10:23am On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2012:

You are the greatest of all LAIR. Even the devil is scared of you.

I am here to burst your lies.
cool
Re: Al Taqquiya by truthman2012(m): 10:46am On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2013:

You are the greatest of all LAIR. Even the devil is scared of you.

I am here to burst your lies.
cool

Muslims with their fake identity just like the quran tries to fake the bible.

You opened a username ''truthman2013'' to copy (mine), original ''truthman2012'' Muslims copy Christians' songs, copy Christians' way of preaching etc. Why don't come to the original?

Don't you have shame? I must have been affecting your religion.

Now, what are the lies in the OP as all referensce are from your quran? Point them out.
Re: Al Taqquiya by Demmzy15(m): 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
truthman2012:

Muslims with their fake identity just like the quran tries to fake the bible.

You opened a username ''truthman2013'' to copy (mine), original ''truthman2012'' Muslims copy Christians' songs, copy Christians' way of preaching etc. Why don't come to the original?

Don't you have shame? I must have been affecting your religion.

Now, what are the lies in the OP as all referensce are from your quran? Point them out.
Frustrated already?! tongue grin grin
Re: Al Taqquiya by mustymatic(m): 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2015
^^^HAHAHA...Creating a thread that's meant for Christians. Confucius

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News- Pastor Essa Ogorry Who Refused To Wed Couple For Being 5 Mins Lat / JUST IN: Prophet TB Joshua Appears In Church, Ascends With Angels / No Arabic On The New Naira Notes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.