Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Questions That Arouse Your Writing Talent - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Questions That Arouse Your Writing Talent (501 Views)

8 Simple Ways To Discover Your Talent / Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career / Five Brainless Job Interview Questions That Need To Die!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Questions That Arouse Your Writing Talent by marenx: 8:30am On Jul 28, 2015
You sat in front of a blank screen after discovering predominant errors in your effort and think it is not your talent. What is wrong?

Does high IQ matters in writing?

IQ is Intelligence Quotients, a measurement of a person's intelligence, calculated from the results of [damn] special tests.

Low IQ doesn't matter in writing, anymore, let alone high one. In writing what matters is not IQ but knowledge and techniques. If you have them, you are good to leave your footprints. Congratulations!

How can you leverage your writing ability?

It is by writing great samples.

If it is not true, you will know. If you believe the best way to run a blog is publishing everyday, you are joking.

You need knowledge on how difficult writing a great piece is. No good client will like giving you a writing work, believing you can write the best in a day, unless you are not the one taking it to the final draft, or unless such client doesn't care about quality and uniqueness.

To write a great sample like no other, take your time proofreading. Proofreading. And proofreading. Is an important skill, especially if you want to leverage your writing ability.

(A secret or hidden method to proofreading I know. I know....is dash. (style))

I have had about reading aloud as a key to proofreading. However, when I try, it doesn't work, at least, for me. (Perhaps, it doesn't work for you too!).

Discovering that, checking for spelling mistakes and grammatical errors are not enough, I found things that are bad or impediments to flow or smoothness in writing that you need to cut.

Which type of ideas do you think you can sell?

According to Fiverr, all positive ideas can sell: ideas like how to cook a particular food, how to write a particular thing like song or poem, how to make your day productive, how to make friend with a particular zoo animal, how to watch movie to review, how to bath with a particular soap to get a good result, etc, etc.

The difficult thing is how to launch it as a career. But if you can write, it is not difficult.

Another way to levitate your success through writing is being sociable to write like crazy. How?

The secret is together with proofreading package....
https://languageexpertintl./2015/07/28/questions-that-arouse-your-writing-talent/

(1) (Reply)

Selling And Installing Of Inverter And Solar / VERY HOT: Insight On Getting Your Dream Job And Employment / Why Your Graduation Degree Is Not Enough To Become A Good Proffesional?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.