Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,563 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn (1163 Views)

Policemen Trying To Bring Down A Biafran Flag In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft / We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by midolian(m): 9:21am On Jul 28, 2015
Some Beggars who besieged the NUJ Secretariat in Kaduna on Monday said they had used proceeds from begging to facilitate the election of Governor El Rufai of Kaduna State and promised to bring down his government should he insist on stopping them from begging -  their means of livelihood.

They said the governor had not provided any alternative to them.

Addressing the Press in Kaduna under the aegis of Kaduna State  Beggars Association, the beggars said if they knew that El Rufai would stop them from begging and would show no care about their welfare afterwards, they would never have voted him in.

The leader of the group, Mallam Yahaya Makaho, a visually challenged person who spoke on behalf of the group said: [b]“I want to swear on my honour that I personally used my proceeds from begging to canvass for the support of El Rufai. I used my money to mobilise for his support, both on the streets and where I usually teach my students, and I am not alone in my group that made that sacrifice.

“We decided to support El Rufai, because we were tired of the then governor, (Mukhtar Ramalan Yero) who did not show any regards for our survival.

We worked hard, spent money and prayed and God heard or prayers and brought down Yero.

“Now, it would appear that we made a mistake. The new governor wants to bring us down.

“He does not want us to live. He has chased us out of the streets and has made no alternative arrangement for our survival.

“Look, some of us here have between three and four wives and many children.

“How can you lock up such a man, who must resort to begging because he has found himself incapable of doing any other thing?

“We are asking the governor to rescind this decision now or find ways to meet our basic needs.

“If he refuses to heed this demand, we shall make sure we bring down his government.”[/b]

It could be recalled that Mallam El Rufai stopped street begging, saying he would provide an abode for them where they would stay rather than them begging on the street.

He also maintained that beggars and hawkers are used by terrorists to innocently courier bombs for them.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/07/well-bring-el-rufais-govt-beggars-warn/
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 28, 2015
lol these people won't stop being jocular..they wanna take this beggin of a thing to another level.hahahaha PLEASE El-rufai heck to your children cry o
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 28, 2015
Lolz cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by midolian(m): 9:24am On Jul 28, 2015
Beggars revolt grin grin
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by nnachukz(m): 9:26am On Jul 28, 2015
What marvels me is how the northerners like and prefer begging to other means of livelihood. That is the extent to which these politicians have impoverished their people. Even beggars now have association and it is all in the north, soon to be converted to boko haram to fight el-rofey
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 28, 2015
This is serious o!
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by phlemzy: 9:27am On Jul 28, 2015
El-rufai better empower these people fast with something tangible now that he has stopped them from sourcing for livelihood on the street.
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Young03(m): 9:28am On Jul 28, 2015
almajeris
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by TRADELYN: 9:28am On Jul 28, 2015
A beggar has no choice. undecided
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by ki02020(m): 9:30am On Jul 28, 2015
This shows how lawless some nigerians have become......beggers intimidating a sitting governor undecided
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by tempo37: 9:32am On Jul 28, 2015
what happens in North shud stay in d NuT
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by midolian(m): 9:38am On Jul 28, 2015
nnachukz:
What marvels me is how the northerners like and prefer begging to other means of livelihood. That is the extent to which these politicians have impoverished their people. Even beggars now have association and it is all in the north, soon to be converted to boko haram to fight el-rofey
other means of livelihood like doing drugs, "yahoo" and money rituals right? grin

1 Like

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 28, 2015
TRADELYN:
A beggar has no choice. undecided
not in this case cheesy
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by myqel(m): 9:47am On Jul 28, 2015
This one strong oo...eleyi gidigan grin grin grin

I gave up when I read 'some of us have 3 or 4 wives and many children lipsrsealed undecided undecided
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by brainpower(m): 9:52am On Jul 28, 2015
You can only bring down a man who has shame and dignity but this man doesn't. He doesn't also have ethics of doing things. Check out his history when he was in charge of FCT, if the big men couldn't bring him down I doubt if you can. But in as much as I don't really like him, you can't take away the fact that he's going to do well in that state, atleast better than his predecessors. He's intelligent and ruthless. So the best for the beggars now is to relocate to Lagos and PH as usual to continue their trade since they have sworn never to work but to feed from other people's sweats.( N/B: this excludes the physically challenged).
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by joseph1832(m): 9:56am On Jul 28, 2015
Democracy: Truly giving voice to the voiceless. Am surprised that even beggars now have the power to issue threats to a sitting governor.

This just keeps getting better and better.
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Lanretoye(m): 9:59am On Jul 28, 2015
brainpower:
You can only bring down a man who has shame and dignity but this man doesn't. He doesn't also have ethics of doing things. Check out his history when he was in charge of FCT, if the big men couldn't bring him down I doubt if you can. But in as much as I don't really like him, you can't take away the fact that he's going to do well in that state, atleast better than his predecessors. He's intelligent and ruthless. So the best for the beggars now is to relocate to Lagos and PH as usual to continue their trade since they have sworn never to work but to feed from other people's sweats.( N/B: this excludes the physically challenged).
Guy i taya for you oo,dont we have enough beggars on the streets of lagos already?.they should relocate to borno or yola

1 Like

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by brainpower(m): 10:21am On Jul 28, 2015
Lanretoye:

Guy i taya for you oo,dont we have enough beggars on the streets of lagos already?.they should relocate to borno or yola

Lolz. Bros no vex. Me self we don tire for PH too but these are the most lucrative place for them.
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by kernel504(m): 10:21am On Jul 28, 2015
Ok

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 28, 2015
nnachukz:
ethnic bigot

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by ERODEDEAST(f): 10:51am On Jul 28, 2015
[s]
JEGA01:
ethnic bigot
[/s]
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by baralatie(m): 10:51am On Jul 28, 2015
I wanna comment but what
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 28, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
[s][/s]
Another bigot undecided

1 Like

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by ERODEDEAST(f): 10:57am On Jul 28, 2015
Boko sympathiser sighted, You can now move on.
JEGA01:
Another bigot undecided
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by mencade5(m): 11:05am On Jul 28, 2015
Lanretoye:

hahaha....borno? those beggars no want die o.

na human being them be too.

i think they make more profits in lag and ph than kaduna. borno na net loss for them oooo
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 28, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
Boko sympathiser sighted, You can now move on.
hypocrite! Who is more of a boko sympathizer between me and you(who celebrates whenever you hear that boko haram is winning)?

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by kaypound(m): 11:13am On Jul 28, 2015
Imagine the effrontery when did these beggers start threating a sitting governor....Them don chop belle full that is why.

If i were El Rufia...i will start taxing them seems they have so much money now and they dont know what to do with it.

Imagine they just sit down and do nothing and just beg people working hard for their own cash.
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 28, 2015
Jonathan was trying to keep them off-begging with his Almajiri school project but the Almajiri People's Congress led by Buhari insists on maintaining status quo. El Rufai must allow these beggars be. They are stakeholders in Kaduna state.

Sai Beggars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:16am On Jul 28, 2015
@JEGA01, what ll yu kall this,

FG stop killing Boko Haram Members - Buhari

Attack on Boko Haram is Attack to the North - Buhari

We (Boko Haram) are wining the war - Buhari

Buhari as a president of Nigeria is a DISASTER to AFRICA.
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 28, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
@JEGA01, what ll yu kall this,

FG stop killing Boko Haram Members - Buhari

Attack on Boko Haram is Attack to the North - Buhari

We (Boko Haram) are wining the war - Buhari

Buhari as a president of Nigeria is a DISASTER to AFRICA.
I ll call it stupidity on your part. Edi0t
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:46am On Jul 28, 2015
@JEGA01 You are a BIG I mean BIG FOOL Almajiri masturbator
Re: We’ll Bring Down El-rufai’s Govt, Beggars Warn by robosky02(m): 11:48am On Jul 28, 2015
barcanista:
Jonathan was trying to keep them off-begging with his Almajiri school project but the Almajiri People's Congress led by Buhari insists on maintaining status quo. El Rufai must allow these beggars be. They are stakeholders in Kaduna state.

Sai Beggars

ok the congress must be

(1) (Reply)

Soft Achievements Of Gov. Seriake Dickson Focus On Bayelsa State Ministry / So.are Yorubas Ready To Fight / SAD: How Buhari is Destroying Jonathan's Legacies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.