Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! (39503 Views)

Will Universities Obey The New Jamb Policies This Year Or Next Year ? / Highlights Of JAMB 2017 Policy Meeting On Admission Cutoff Points / Ekiti Students Protest Fee Hike, Fayose’s Policies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by leo2sexy: 4:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
chigoizie7:

In case of OND, u can, just head to JAMB office ASAP, check if they still sell change of course form, if it is still valid, then u ve a greater chance. Provided u meet all the requirements needed for CSC as regards to ur SSCE results.
I don't think jamb are still selling change of course form.
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by omarhlichanwa: 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
For all I care,education in this our country nigeria,is nothing to write home about
leo2sexy:
The Federal Government has reversed the decision by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board to allow candidates that applied to universities with surplus applicants for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations to be reassigned to other universities with lower number of applicants than their capacities. ‎

The policy had been trailed by protests in parts of the country.

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, Mr.MacJohn ‎Nwaobiala‎, disclosed this to State House correspondents on Tuesday after briefing President Muhammadu Buhari of his ministry's activities and challenges at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

JAMB had at its 2015 Combined Policy Meeting adopted the policy.
Protests started at the University of Lagos when the institution's authorities announced that only candidates whose names were officially forwarded by JAMB would be eligible to participate in this year’s UNILAG Post-UTME.

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-reverses-jambs-policy-on-admission/215900/
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Johnbmc(m): 6:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
ve been a victim of this, I was so surprised wen I received a text message from a University in Delta State (Novena University) dat they receive my name from JAMB dat I sud come for their Post Utme. coz I did jamb dis year and choice EKSU for my D.E. though I didn't go but today, I did my post Utme @eksu.
shout out to all d candidates doing Post Utme @EKSU 2day #faculty of social sciences
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by chigoizie7(m): 7:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
leo2sexy:
I don't think jamb are still selling change of course form.

Ok den,
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by jwils(m): 7:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
leo2sexy:

Placement of candidate to different universities which were not their first choice, imagine someone getting above 200 and being posted to a college of education to read agric, that's simply inhumane.
oboy na our course u fit only mention as example ??
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Dahmylolar(f): 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
tucky200:

Chairman,I hail o...college of education ?!
Big lie !!....The only thing wrong with that decision was posting them to a private university
Did u think he's lying? some people were posted to C.O.E. alteast av seen 2 of my friends were posted to C.O.E.
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by leo2sexy: 7:58pm On Jul 29, 2015
jwils:
oboy na our course u fit only mention as example ??
Abeg nor vex oo! Sorry bros
Lol
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by tucky200(m): 8:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
Dahmylolar:
Did u think he's lying? some people were posted to C.O.E. alteast av seen 2 of my friends were posted to C.O.E.
Really ??
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by AdeniyiA(m): 8:55pm On Jul 29, 2015
JAMB head Dibu Ojerinde really annoyed me while speaking to Chamberlain.& Co on Channels TV when he said any student who does not want the school he/she has been re-posted to sit at home!
imagine such useless vituperation! angry
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by PraizFresh(m): 11:07pm On Jul 29, 2015
tucky200:

Chairman,I hail o...college of education ?!
Big lie !!....The only thing wrong with that decision was posting them to a private university

Chairman... Na truth o!!!... I scored over 215 and I was posted to one useless College of Education!!!!
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Dahmylolar(f): 10:01pm On Jul 30, 2015
tucky200:
Really ??
yea chairman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guy Outs Wicked Senior Back Then At Federal Government College Rubochi, Abuja / National Open University Of Nigeria In Pictures / Buses That Dumped Nigerian Students At Sahara Desert Finally Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.