Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,583 members, 7,823,524 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Nigeria Customs Seals Up Warehouses Of Defaulting Rice Importers (Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Customs Seals Up Warehouses Of Defaulting Rice Importers (Pics) (1109 Views)

EFCC Seals Patience Jonathan's Property In Abuja (Photos) / Customs Seals Senator's Residence, Impounds 13 Vehicles / The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Customs Seals Up Warehouses Of Defaulting Rice Importers (Pics) by xpat1: 6:51am On Jul 29, 2015
Nigeria Customs Service has commenced the sealing up of
warehouses of four (4) defaulting Rice Importers.
The action is intended to give a bite to several letters of warming
and ultimatum to the beneficiaries of rice import quota policy who
imported in excess of their approved quotas.
The affected importers are:
 OLAM
 STALLION/ POPULAR FOODS/MASCO AGRO
 EBONY AGRO AND
 CONTI AGRO( MILAN)
The defaulting rice importers have refused to pay their total debt
profile of N23,603,479,402.44 (Twenty Three Billion, Six Hundred
and Three Million, Four Hundred and Seventy Nine Thousand, Four
Hundred and Two Naira, Forty Four kobo.
In addition to the sealing up of their warehouses, the importers and
their sister or associated Companies have been blocked from the
Customs NICIS system meaning they will not be able to make
further declaration and or not be allowed to discharge.
To ensure that every amount owed Federal Government is
recovered, a full scale legal action will be instituted against them.
Nigeria Customs Service wishes to assure the Public that it is not
averse to concessions that help to engineer economic growth but
will not relent on its role of holding beneficiaries accountable to
their obligations.
For the avoidance of doubt, Genuine Importers are hereby advised
not to exercise any fear as NCS action is only about enforcing
payments that are legitimately due to the Federal Government of
Nigeria.
SIGNED
Joseph Attah
Deputy Public Relations Officer
For: Comptroller-General of Customs
https://www.customs.gov.ng/Publications/news_results.php?NewsID=225

Re: Nigeria Customs Seals Up Warehouses Of Defaulting Rice Importers (Pics) by snazzy5050(m): 6:52am On Jul 29, 2015
I eat rice a lot oo grin grin
Re: Nigeria Customs Seals Up Warehouses Of Defaulting Rice Importers (Pics) by Jorussia(m): 6:57am On Jul 29, 2015
.custom make who na nor come let bag of rice enter #20000 o
Re: Nigeria Customs Seals Up Warehouses Of Defaulting Rice Importers (Pics) by Deapexboy(m): 6:57am On Jul 29, 2015
k
Re: Nigeria Customs Seals Up Warehouses Of Defaulting Rice Importers (Pics) by funlord(m): 7:00am On Jul 29, 2015
grin

Abeg make we no come begin jam dat "goodluck and kashamu failed election rice" 4 market as per shortage oh? Me I no go chop dat kind 1! I don't want my family 2 end up clueless or on crack!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Seals Up Warehouses Of Defaulting Rice Importers (Pics) by olasmith10(m): 7:05am On Jul 29, 2015
rice consumption ll reduce drastically if the ban isn't quickly lifted...
Re: Nigeria Customs Seals Up Warehouses Of Defaulting Rice Importers (Pics) by sheymoni(m): 10:32am On Jul 29, 2015
See as dem dey repackage mama gold.
Re: Nigeria Customs Seals Up Warehouses Of Defaulting Rice Importers (Pics) by K9blunt(f): 10:41am On Jul 29, 2015
Please just dash me one bag of 50kg rice abeg oga customs.........

See rice! Chimei!

(1) (Reply)

Akwa-ibom INEC REC Tortured For 13 Days In DSS Custody / Barcanista, Where Are You? They Are Back With Their Propaganda! / Fashola’s One-year Rent Legacy Sets Standard For Lagos Rental Market.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.