Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) (50653 Views)

Only Intelligent Ones Can Solves This Maths(photo) / PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics / If You Can Solve This Maths, A Financial Institution Should Employ You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by ladycomfort(f): 7:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
HyDef:

How did I do what exactly? Upload it? Cuz it's just a screen shot from my phone... I cropped it.
. Yes I mean the screen shot
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by Donpizzle(m): 7:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
Dollar101:

Are you for real to say -1*0 =-?

No wonder pple complain that maths is hard
when the answer is looking at you..

My friend I don't want to start naming my
Qualifications but I can assure u that the answer is
7, anything outside 7 is wrong...this is far the simplest maths
anybody can tackle I wonder why it's such a big deal here

pls stop embarrassing urself... forget ur ph.D and solve simple math problem. d answer can't b 7. I blive its 1

1 Like

Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by HyDef(m): 7:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
tottinova:

Olodo. The answer na 5

Ironic.

Sharpen up my friend.

The minus is attached to the 0.
Since - 0 and +0 are the same, you'll have 0 + 1.
Equals 1.
Positive one, so you add it to 6.
Does the screenshot not convince you? It's there for the sake of people like you.
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by Weah96: 7:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
Donpizzle:
6-1x0+2/2
step 1: 6/2=3

step2:3x0=0

step3:0+2=2

step4 2-1=1

final answer = 1
thanks

Damn. You're even worse than I am at maths, and that's saying something, believe me.

You're supposed to divide/multiply first. Is there anything to divide? Yes 2÷2. Is there anything to multiply? Yes. 1x0.

6-0+1=NOT 1
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by HyDef(m): 7:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
ladycomfort:
. Yes I mean the screen shot

Those boxes that say 'choose'. Just click on them and select the picture you wish to upload.

Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by 19naia(m): 7:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
6- (1x0)+ (2/2)= 6-0+1 = 6-(0+1)= 6-1=5

6-1=5

How does 6-0+1 =7 ? Something is not right
6- (0+1) = 6-1
6-1 =5
there is no such number as -0 the - symbol can not be attached to the zero because that does not exists because zero does not have any value, it can not have any negative nor positive sway to its placement.
The - symbol must be factored in with the total of what 0 is being factored with. 0 being multiplied by one or added to 1=2/2.
So that will leave us subtracting as the last process in the order of operation BODMAS.
Bodmas requires that we add the 0 to the 1 before attending to what we will subtract from 6. Dont be confused by the illusion of such a number as -0. 0 is zero, there is no negative or positive about it, it is as neutral a number as can be, also 6- is not a number ,the - can not be factored as subtraction until all Division is factored, followed by multiplication, followed by addition and finally the subtraction.

Answer is 5
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by Donpizzle(m): 7:07pm On Jul 29, 2015
Weah96:

Damn. You're even worse than I am at maths, and that's saying something, believe me.

You're supposed to divide/multiply first. Is there anything to divide? Yes 2÷2. Is there anything to multiply? Yes. 1x0.

6-0+1=NOT 1

i wont argue wit u.let's wait for d answer from OP. @op come post d answer nah
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by Toks2008(m): 7:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
If wwe apply bodmas the answer is 5
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by ladycomfort(f): 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2015
HyDef:

Those boxes that say 'choose'. Just click on them and select the picture you wish to upload.
. Thank you very much I mean how did u get dat google screen shot and the nairaland screen shot u uploaded. Sorry for disturbing you
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by Weah96: 7:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
19naia:
6- (1x0)+ (2/2)= 6-0+1 = 6-(0+1)= 6-1=5

6-1=5

How does 6-0+1 =7 ? Something is not right
6- (0+1) = 6-1
6-1 =5
there is no such number as -0 the - symbol can not be attached to the zero because that does not exists because zero does not have any value, it can not have any negative nor positive sway to its placement.
The - symbol must be factored in with the total of what 0 is being factored with. 0 being multiplied by one or added to 1=2/2.
So that will leave us subtracting as the last process in the order of operation BODMAS.
Bodmas requires that we add the 0 to the 1 before attending to what we will subtract from 6. Dont be confused by the illusion of such a number as -0. 0 is zero, there is no negative or positive about it, it is as neutral a number as can be, also 6- is not a number ,the - can not be factored as subtraction until all Division is factored, followed by multiplication, followed by addition and finally the subtraction.

Answer is 5

Minus 0 and Plus 0 are the same thing, they can be interchanged.

6-0+1 is the same as 6+0+1.

1 Like

Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by HyDef(m): 7:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
ladycomfort:
. Thank you very much I mean how did u get dat google screen shot and the nairaland screen shot u uploaded. Sorry for disturbing you

Oh... I see..
Do you use Android? If you do, hold down the power button and volume down button at the same time. Should take a snap.
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by tottinova: 7:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
HyDef:

Ironic.

Sharpen up my friend.

Equals 1.
Does the screenshot not convince you? It's there for the sake of people like you.

Then if it is 0+1=1
6-1=5
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by ladycomfort(f): 7:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
HyDef:

Oh... I see..
Do you use Android? If you do, hold down the power button and volume down button at the same time. Should take a snap.
. Thanks
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by lekkie073(m): 7:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
6-1×0+2÷2

Bodmas

No b racket
No o ff

There is d ivision
I.e. 6-1×0+1

There is m ultiplication
I.e 6-0+1

There is a addition
I.e 6+1

Its 7
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by 19naia(m): 7:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
HyDef:

Ironic.

Sharpen up my friend.

Equals 1.

According to BODMAS, you cannot attach the - to any number nor can you factor it into any part of the procedure until all other parts of the procedure are factored.. Therefore the last opperation in the procedure must be the act of that subtraction using the (-)symbol attached to whatever final two numbers remain.
Therefore, 6 will be factored in terms of what will be subtracted from it. Subtraction must be the last process in the order of operation or it is not BODMAS.
That is why the answer is 6-(1) and not 6+1.. Bodmas does not allow the (-) to be factored away with any number except as the last process in the entire operation.. Your answer eliminated the (-) before your final addition. Bodmas says to Find a way to do any addition before Subtraction.
6-1 is the answer =5
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by beausexy(f): 7:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
the answer is 5
using BODMAS
B- Bracket
O- of
D- Division
M- Multiplication
A- Addition
S- Subtraction
using this rule to sule the question you arrive at 5
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by Weah96: 7:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
[size=17pt]OK, Even Wolfram Alpha agrees that the answer is 7. The defense rests, your honor. Argue only if your fingers got strength to type.[/size]

Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
Tonylyte:
Solve the maths below and show your working.
from BODMAS;

-the answer is 5
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by umehz4(m): 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2015
The answer is 5 if you use BODMAS
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by 19naia(m): 7:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
Weah96:

Minus 0 and Plus 0 are the same thing, they can be interchanged.

6-0+1 is the same as 6+0+1.

That is the same as canceling each other out ,so why make the extra effort to give them a value dsignation when the ultimate status of 0 is absolutely nothing with no deficit or value other wise.
Then that will allude to the need to assign the (-) symbol somewhere where it does matter. Also, the (-) symbol cannot be attached to anything or designated in any part of the order of operation, until all other symbols have been designated and factored in the correct order of BODMAS. The negative symbol has to be the last symbol by which the last two remaining numbers are factored.

So according to " bodmas" 6-0+1 the zero added to one must be factored first before you ever decide what to do with the negative symbol.
0+1=1 then the one is free to factor with the six according to final remaining (-) symbol. The negatative symbol must be the last property to factor the final numbers by. Bodmas requires it according to that order of process. and that process according to bodmas, will lead to 6-1=5 as the final answer.
But i believe in pure math where Bodmas doesnt have to be the ultimate authority. Much to learn by changing the rules, but in pure mathematics, just like any language, dialectics will keep a standard uniform order of process by which it can function as a uniform technique.
So BODMAS is the arbitrar when pure mathematics meets itself in conflict.
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by soleexx(m): 7:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
kaboninc:

You had to Google it?

You need Aunty Kemi!!!!

And what should I do with Aunty Kemi?

Pls tell me to Bleep her
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by Weah96: 7:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
19naia:

That is the same as canceling each other out ,so why make the extra effort to give them a value dsignation when the ultimate status of 0 is absolutely nothing with no deficit or value other wise.
Then that will allude to the need to assign the (-) symbol somewhere where it does matter. Also, the (-) symbol cannot be attached to anything or designated in any part of the order of operation, until all other symbols have been designated and factored in the correct order of BODMAS. The negative symbol has to be the last symbol by which the last two remaining numbers are factored.

So according to " bodmas" 6-0+1 the zero added to one must be factored first before you ever decide what to do with the negative symbol.
0+1=1 then the one is free to factor with the six according to final remaining (-) symbol. The negatative symbol must be the last property to factor the final numbers by. Bodmas requires it according to that order of process. and that process according to bodmas, will lead to 6-1=5 as the final answer.

6-0+1=6+1-0=-0+1+6=1-0+6=-0+6+1. ALL EQUAL 7

You're keeping the negative, for some reason.

-0+1=+1

Add +1 to +6. There is no negative anywhere. You already used it with the -0+1=1.
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by MrOlai: 7:48pm On Jul 29, 2015
Tonylyte:
Solve the maths below and show your working.

6-1x0+2÷2

STEP 1: (2÷2) = 1

STEP 2: (1x0) = 0

STEP 3: (6+1) = 7

STEP 4: (7-0) = 7

Final answer = 7 (QED)

1 Like

Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by davbravo(m): 7:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
Donpizzle:

dats how we fail question. where did u get ur bracket from....ur question is different from wat Op posted.
I decided to o add bracket to show and for pple to understand how I worked it out.
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by hisclemency(m): 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2015
6-1X0+2÷2
first let apply a bracket for easy solving
6(-1X0)+2 everything divided by 2
secondly let's apply BODMAS
0 multiply by -1 =0
so we are left with +6 +2 everything to be divided by 2
division mode
6/2 =3
2/2 =1
note :dividing by 2 according to the question does not only affect 2 only it affect all the numbers I.e all numerators and 2as d dividing number going to be the denominator .
with above workings our final answer is
3+1= 4
Thanks
hisclemency
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by udman: 8:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
hisclemency:
6-1X0+2÷2
first let apply a bracket for easy solving
6(-1X0)+2 everything divided by 2
secondly let's apply BODMAS
0 multiply by -1 =0
so we are left with +6 +2 everything to be divided by 2
division mode
6/2 =3
2/2 =1
note :dividing by 2 according to the question does not only affect 2 only it affect all the numbers I.e all numerators and 2as d dividing number going to be the denominator .
with above workings our final answer is
3+1= 4
Thanks
hisclemency
let me show u guys hw it is done. u dont need to introduce any bracket or else u will confuse urself.
6-1x0+2/2
using bodmas. deal with division 1st
6-1x0+1.
2nd, deal with multiplication, which gives u
6-0+1. 3rd, deal with addition
6+1 & lastly add 6+1 togeder to get d final ans.
which is 7

2 Likes

Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by successgirl84(f): 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
Am not guessing its 1
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by udman: 8:16pm On Jul 29, 2015
udman:
let me show u guys hw it is done.
6-1x0+2/2
using bodmas. deal with division 1st
6-1x0+1.
2nd, deal with multiplication, which gives u
6-0+1. 3rd, deal with addition
6+1 & lastly add 6+1 togeder to get d final ans.
which is 7
u dont need to introduce any bracket else u will confuse urself.
is as simple as abc
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by kingnl: 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by kaboninc(m): 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
Codedeben:

[s]And now you have made sense? Its so funny how you and the person you quoted have been jumping around the thread denigrating other's solution forgetting no man is an island and we all learn daily. Your likes so abound almost every sections on nairaland. They scorn at the slightest news, when the rebuttal surfaces, they shamefully withdraw into their shell. You think your answer could not be faulted right? But you forgot its meant to be a "brain teaser" (as easy as it may seem) sort of, meaning you can only solve your own then wait for the op's final answer & proof backing it up, which may either tally with yours like any others' or serve as an eye openerto those who might have got it wrong but exhibit open mind to learn.[/s]

All these for me?

Brilliant ruubbish! Give that gospel to the sheep! The goats have higher IQ!

Well, I think you got the wrong dude. You are forgiven because am in a very good mood. No one has stepped on my shoesss lately and that's why I won't respond to that non.sense you put up there!

Well, why don't you tell us your answer? cheesy

Am catching fun here because these guys want me to. And am not even laughing at the answers they provide even when they are wrong but the reasons for their answers or workings. Oh and their ignorance not to accept the correct answer. That's the part that cracks me up!

Wait, are you one of them? Or did I hit a nerve? Get a real life sir!

So please take your face-saving self to another world. I ain't gat time for bulllshhiittt! cheesy

While you're at it, shine ya eyes very well before you throw insults. Some guys are the monsters that monsters dread.
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by hisclemency(m): 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
udman:

u dont need to introduce any bracket else u will confuse urself.
is as simple as abc

with bro let me ask u this
WHAT IS THE CONNECTION BETWEEN "OF" AND "X" SIGN
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by kaboninc(m): 8:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
soleexx:

And what should I do with Aunty Kemi?

Pls tell me to fu.uck her

No brother.

Please no.

Just go to her with your school uniform, take your bag pack, fill it with indomine and collect 30 naira from your dad to buy gala and zobo.

Then tell her that you'd like to start from Primary 1 up to Primary 6. Because you were not paying attention when she was teaching you simple Arithmetics!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Please, don't toast her in class oh!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Scholarship For Faizah Abubakar Who Had 9 As In WAEC To Phd Level / Best Polytechnic In Nigeria / Missing 300L Female Student Of Babcock University (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.