Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Why Do People Learn The Abusive Part Of A Language First? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do People Learn The Abusive Part Of A Language First? (750 Views)

How Do People Survive In Africa / Why Do People Always Have Bad Notions About The Mbaise People? / Why Do People Think Eritreans Aren't Black? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Learn The Abusive Part Of A Language First? by SexyNairalander: 10:09am On Jul 29, 2015
Why do people always find it so so easy to learn the abusive part of other peoples' language and theirs, before i was able to speak yoruba i started from abusing people with yoruba language and i must say i knew alot of then even though i couldn't speak yoruba. Same goes to igbo lang(am igbo though) and also calabar cos as it stands now i can only insult someone with calabar language but can't hear or speak.

I have notice it also happen to other people and my question is why is it so? and can anything be done about it so as to help someone learn from the good part or is it just how it is meant to be? so many questions.

Re: Why Do People Learn The Abusive Part Of A Language First? by missbehave247(m): 10:11am On Jul 29, 2015
Because that particular tribe teaches with abusive words
Re: Why Do People Learn The Abusive Part Of A Language First? by steppin: 10:12am On Jul 29, 2015
missbehave247:
Because that particular tribe teaches with them
Hahaha! Call name na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Learn The Abusive Part Of A Language First? by sim37(m): 10:13am On Jul 29, 2015
grin cos it's d basis of learning ;Dd basis of learning
Re: Why Do People Learn The Abusive Part Of A Language First? by shalomm: 10:14am On Jul 29, 2015
Re: Why Do People Learn The Abusive Part Of A Language First? by missbehave247(m): 10:17am On Jul 29, 2015
The last time I tried it, I received over 200 mentions in an hour
steppin:

Hahaha! Call name na.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Learn The Abusive Part Of A Language First? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
And it's true o.....The only Yoruba words I know are sexual innuendos and insults cry

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Learn The Abusive Part Of A Language First? by SexyNairalander: 3:37pm On Jul 29, 2015
missbehave247:
Because that particular tribe teaches with abusive words
lols. . .yeye
Re: Why Do People Learn The Abusive Part Of A Language First? by SexyNairalander: 3:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
shalomm:
which language get this one?
Re: Why Do People Learn The Abusive Part Of A Language First? by shalomm: 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
SexyNairalander:
which language get this one?

Valerian language
Re: Why Do People Learn The Abusive Part Of A Language First? by Emmyk(m): 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
So that you can use it to "defend" yourself when people that speak the language fluently think you don't speak the language.... Which obviously you do not cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Learn The Abusive Part Of A Language First? by SexyNairalander: 5:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
Emmyk:
So that you can use it to "defend" yourself when people that speak the language fluently think you don't speak the language.... Which obviously you do not cheesy
lols
Re: Why Do People Learn The Abusive Part Of A Language First? by tonaydo(m): 2:41pm On Jul 30, 2015
hmmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Culture Too Expensive And Problematic / Death Of The Oba. Stay Clear Ota For Now. / See Where Your Nigerian State Got Its Name From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.