Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Difference Between Butter And Mangerine - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Difference Between Butter And Mangerine (52390 Views)

Unrefined SHEA-BUTTER & Virgin COCONUT OIL For Sale / What Is The Difference Between Soup, Stew And Sauce? / Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by IceDude(m): 7:46pm On Jul 29, 2015
adonbilivit:
differentiate oil money from oyel money
Oil money is gotten 4rm crude oil, while oyel money 4rm palm oyel. Lol

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by ApexTitan(m): 7:48pm On Jul 29, 2015
kingkoboko:
People shud avoid butter o! It's made from milk & milk causes cancer. Google "Milk Cancer Jane Plant" if u no believe me.

Meanwhile, read the legendary NIGERIA VS INDIA match story here on www.IndiaVsNigeria.com

Milk causes cancer? Yeah right, even bréast milk too right? Keep falling for the quackery that you think is science.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by permsec: 7:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
IYANGBALI:
Butter is used in eating foods,magarine is used to lubricate toto,condoms etc for easy penetration
Hahahahahahahahahahaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! one bottle of ur brand for U!

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by Spybradd: 7:58pm On Jul 29, 2015
Freemanan:

grin

see dis agbaya carry 1st for bread and biscuist,guguru and epa,groundnut nd garri,butter and margarine thread,dey smile!
Nway,i hope u look well,say d thread is about butter and margerine and not koko_butter and idiagbòn pomade!

grin shocked cool

damm,moi love margerine a lot...i wonder what da bloody hell da op means butter costs more than margerine! Me dont think so.
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by omonnakoda: 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
Eboes eat margarine but cannot digest butter hence the saying

Butter ko ki n se ounje yibbo
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by adonbilivit: 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
IceDude:
Oil money is gotten 4rm crude oil, while oyel money 4rm palm oyel. Lol
4/10
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by VickJames(m): 8:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
Good information, moreover, if you read your ababio well enough, you'll know the difference.
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by STEVENcrack(m): 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
Another difference is their SPELLING. And number of alphabets contained.

But lemme ask is Blueband a butter or a margarine AND why.
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by Revolva(m): 8:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
I no no tell us...Mr know it all...all I care is to use am wack
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by dominique(f): 8:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
The mistake most Nigerians make is using the general term butter to address all brands of margarine in the market. Butter is quite soft and melts easily so it is not sold on counters or stalls. Instead it's sold in fridges. Margarine is sold in counters because of its solid form. Butter contains poly saturated fatty acids which is not healthy. I'd prefer margarine to butter anytime any day but moderate consumption of both is the best.
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by kavey10(m): 8:51pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hello everyone,

Many persons here have been asking if Blueband is butter or margarine and if it is healthy.

Well, Blueband is actually MARGARINE. Blueband being a Unilever brand just tells you that your health is in no danger because the best practices are always adhered to and you get the Unilever goodness of rich quality.

Blueband is packed with Vitamins A, D, E, B6 & B12, Niacin, Folic Acid and Fat. Thank You

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by professore(m): 8:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
nice one
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by papalumi29(m): 9:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
I am surprise some people are just knowing the difference, our standard of education is poor ooo.
To help U:
#Butter is from animal fat and
#Mangerine is from plant fat.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
sukkot:
em shytts clog your artery. i have not touched butter or margerine in 5 years. if it stays solid at room temperature then it must stay solid in your coronary arteries
What about cheese?
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by IYANGBALI: 9:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
davidque007:
. Must you show the whole world your level of promiscuity.
my name is not promise o
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by nwadiuko1(m): 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
What of bama? grin
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by sukkot: 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
Brandnew2:

What about cheese?
the rule of thumb is that any fat that is solid in room temperature you want to stay away from. yes that includes cheese. instead of butter and margarine use olive oil. instead of cheese use apple cider vinegar mayonnaise. if it remains solid in room temp then that means it will not melt under your body temp and will form plaque build up in your coronary arteries

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by Chyvy(f): 10:44pm On Jul 29, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

FALSE!

He's actually right. Butter is way more natural and healthier than margarine. Margarine is bad because it contains trans fat which has being linked to many diseases including cardiovascular diseases like heart attack, stroke, hypertension. Though, butter contains saturated fat, it is healthy for you as shown and proven by latest research. Pls I implore you to look it up. Google is ur friend.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by Chyvy(f): 10:48pm On Jul 29, 2015
sukkot:
em shytts clog your artery. i have not touched butter or margerine in 5 years. if it stays solid at room temperature then it must stay solid in your coronary arteries
Well, its not as simple as we've been made to believe. The human body's chemistry and metabolism is way more complicated
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by murmee: 10:48pm On Jul 29, 2015
kavey10:
Hello everyone,

Many persons here have been asking if Blueband is butter or margarine and if it is healthy.

Well, Blueband is actually MARGARINE. Blueband being a Unilever brand just tells you that your health is in no danger because the best practices are always adhered to and you get the Unilever goodness of rich quality.

Blueband is packed with Vitamins A, D, E, B6 & B12, Niacin, Folic Acid and Fat. Thank You
Am sure you work for Unilever. You deserve a raise or promotion for this advert.
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by Chyvy(f): 10:48pm On Jul 29, 2015
Shehucom:
Is blueband butter or margarine?
Blueband is margarine
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
sukkot:
the rule of thumb is that any fat that is solid in room temperature you want to stay away from. yes that includes cheese. instead of butter and margarine use olive oil. instead of cheese use apple cider vinegar mayonnaise. if it remains solid in room temp then that means it will not melt under your body temp and will form plaque build up in your coronary arteries
Great!
I'll opt for mayonnaise instead. Olive oil isn't bad too, will opt for it in certain meals.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by ogaprime(m): 11:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
Cutecharlz:
If u need a comprehensive material on the production of margarine, which include the material and energy balance, process flow rate, cost estimation on the various plant and plant layout, contact me on 08068271663.

Hope you are not mr david from owerri
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by tayo4me(f): 11:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
Shehucom:
Is blueband butter or margarine?

Blueband is margarine
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by toygod2: 11:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
aii
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by naijaspeak(m): 3:42am On Jul 30, 2015
[size=17pt]Who can throw light about cheese? Yes Cheese! I want to know everything about cheese. What cheese is and how one can use it to eat bread or eat or pastries.

Thanks[/size]
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 5:02am On Jul 30, 2015
Chyvy:

He's actually right. Butter is way more natural and healthier than margarine. Margarine is bad because it contains trans fat which has being linked to many diseases including cardiovascular diseases like heart attack, stroke, hypertension. Though, butter contains saturated fat, it is healthy for you as shown and proven by latest research. Pls I implore you to look it up. Google is ur friend.

Yes, we have recently found out that butter is healthier than margarine.

But don't for one second believe that one is natural and the other is not. Both are chemically processed, the difference is that butter has more natural ingredients.
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by TruthPower: 8:13am On Jul 30, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Yes, we have recently found out that butter is healthier than margarine.

But don't for one second believe that one is natural and the other is not. Both are chemically processed, the difference is that butter has more natural ingredients.

A good quality butter from organic grass fed cow is actually a better oil option for food. Even better than the much touted Extra Virgin Olive oil.
The process of making margarine (vegetable oil) is bad for human consumption . It is highly hydrogenated, full of trans fat and can cause havoc to our health (oxidization etc).
A good quality Cheese from grass fed cow is also a rich source of absorbable protein. However there is debate on the effect of the high acidity level of Cheese or if dairy is even as good for us as promoted.
For me I try to eat food the way God (nature) intended. Good old fashioned organic food that we have in our local farms, and not the Lab food introduced to us from the western world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:14am On Jul 30, 2015
TruthPower:

A good quality butter from organic grass fed cow is actually a better oil option for food. Even better than the much touted Extra Virgin Olive oil.
The process of making margarine (vegetable oil) is bad for human consumption . It is highly hydrogenated, full of trans fat and can cause havoc to our health (oxidization etc).
A good quality Cheese from grass fed cow is also a rich source of absolvable protein. However there is debate on the effect of the high acidity level of Cheese or if dairy is even as good for us as promoted.
For me I try to eat food the way God (nature) intended. Good old fashioned organic food that we have in our local farms, and not the Lab food introduced to us from the western world.

Well said.

Truth is power!
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 30, 2015
adebayo201:
Barma nko

undecided
itz a mayonnaise.
Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by Rubyventures: 10:26am On Jul 30, 2015
ProdigyLoco:

y u no get sense

Any need to be insultive? Did you know that you can actually make your point without the unnecessary insults, it shows maturity.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Butter And Mangerine by Rubyventures: 10:29am On Jul 30, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

FALSE!

Ok let me rephrase my statement, Butter is organic and has loads of natural flavours depending on what the cow was feed on, while margarine is inorganic and is manufactured in the lab.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is How You Eat When You Pay 50k For Aso Ebi[funny Photo] / Can You Believe This Generator Is A Cake - Check Pictures / I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.