Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,421 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim (47733 Views)

Nairaland Artiste Andy Blaze drops Two New Singles " Put Call" And "Pikachu" / Five Nigerian Artiste That Are Struggling To Get Another Hit / Opinion : Top Five Most Featured Nigerian Artiste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
These are Singles that have not only gained Grounds locally but have also reached high International acclaim and recognition worldwide
This List does not include Remixes with american or international artiste but Mainly original songs

1) Nneka HeartBeat - Nneka hearbeat Track is one of the most internationally recognized Nigerian songs . The NEA award winning act released the Song to world wide critical acclaim, It got featured in the Hollywood movie, You got Served and as being Sampled by many artistes including Drake, Rita Ora and Chase&Status as well as a Remix that Featured American Superstar NAS.

2) Tuface African Queen - African Queen is also another original song by Tuface idibia that has Received international acclaim and Fame .The Song Served as the Soundtrack for Hollywood Movie ,Phatz girls and Also brought in many Awards for Tuface including MTV European Award

3) Davido Skelewu - Skelewu Became one of the few Nigerian songs to Attain constant play status on International BBC 1 xtra Playlist. The Track has been Remixed by Various Artistes across Africa like Uhuru and Many celebrities have Embraced the dance style like Adebayor,Samuel Eto ,meek mill.
The Song was playee during an Halftime break when Atletico madrid played Espanyol in Estadio vicente Caldero.Major lazer ,an international act also did a cover of the Song .

4) Dbanj Oliver Twist - This song has been termed perphaps the Greatest Song out of Africa. The Song Reached No 9 on the Top 10 UK singles Chart and No 1 on the Shazam Uk Chart. This Single Got Him a Deal with Kanye West Good Music.He performed at the Afcon Finals and The Song was played at The Russia vs Brazil Olympics Basketball match.
it Featured on The Britain Got Talent show by CEO dancers and has been remixed by Many Foreign Artistes notably Pitbull and Estelle ..

5) Wizkid Ojuelegba - Off The Chart Topping Wizkid Sophomore Album,Joy which the Rollingstone named one of the top 100 albums .Ojuelegba was perphaps the most popular Single off the album and became an instant hit with various Cover being Done by Sarkodie and many other Artistes. Ellie Goulding,Drake and Skepta are some Celebrities that have applauded the song and The Remix ft Drake and Skepta is fast gaining ground.

Please Note that the Likes of Angelique Kidjo, Fela Kuti,Femi kuti and Asa, Psquare are Totally in a League of Their Own !!!

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by wisefizz(m): 4:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
cool.. Cool

Bro op.. I thank the Lord for you..

He showered u nothing than musical brain... tongue grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 29, 2015
Spot-on. I'm gonna set aside some time for dissecting those tracks. The chords, the melodies, the arrangement, the arrangement (I know what I'm saying smiley ), the general emotion, the lyrics, the transitions, everything.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 29, 2015
ASA MR JAILER

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
elijah2u:
ASA MR JAILER

please read my last paragraph. Thank you Sir..

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by tobtap: 5:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
fair list...but femi kuti beng beng and ASA fire on the mountain songs did well internationally... even u don hit my car by tetula was a massive hit thru-out west africa....
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
I am trying my best musically too.

Download my Debut Single " Otubante

https://my.notjustok.com/track/18462/otubante-synord

Your Reviews and Criticisms are highly appreciated !!

Below are reviews

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2015
Nice ..Oliver Twist was the Bomb .!!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Vivly(f): 7:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
Asa over Nneka.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by SaiBuharii: 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
If pSquare was not added because it is on a different league. What is 2face looking for on that list? That's an insult to him!

93 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by lonelydora: 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ok
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by VIPERVENOM(m): 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
Vic. o nko? yop yop yop yop yop grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Hysmady(m): 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
Nice list but still many more...What about Small Doctor Mosquito killer undecided

3 Likes

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by fallskyed: 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
personally i like personally cool

2 Likes

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by RichDad1(m): 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
Where is
My Car_ Tony Tetuila
Yahoozee_ Olu Maintain
Dorobuchi_ Mavins
Personally_ P Square...infact all P square songs are Continental hits

Ojuelegba ko, Stadium ni angry angry angry
Aiye is more Popular than Skelewu

Please Note that the Likes of Angelique Kidjo, Fela Kuti,Femi kuti and Asa, Psquare are Totally in a League of Their Own !!!
This last line really save you.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Emmaesty(f): 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
Tuface African Queen is a Nigerian classic, one of the best songs and musical videos ever produced.
I love Oliver Twist by Dbanj... .. .. The guy is a legend

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by nidflot: 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
fallskyed:
personally i like personally cool
funny grin
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
smiley
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Next2Bezee(m): 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
OK
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Captainswag225(m): 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
african queen by tu face will always remain my favourite naija song.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by killjoy(m): 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
y do posters always end der post with dis " Cc lalasticlala,Ishilove"

Cc lalasticlala,Ishilove

10 Likes

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
Nneka, Asa and Bantu are the best.
I just love their simplicity and how good they are representing abroad. Atimes you forget the fact that they are Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by damiloladuke1: 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
when am I gonna be what I wanna be, when am I gonna see what I wanna see, when am I gonna go where I wanna go... time is ticking and I can't wait no more... will dreams ever come true in this part of this world...

Someone going to heaven should please help me ask God when it's gonna be my turn.

I am so weak and tired.... At my age.

MY FUNNY SECRET DIARY on www.wenogetjob.com

8 Likes 1 Share

Nonsence singles
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by aiyeigba: 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
I love dbanj endowed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by bro4u: 8:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
Op you forgot to add Kukere(Iyanya), cos CEO dancers danced to it before switching to Oliver Twist(Dbanj)...I recently heard the wizkid's Ojuelegba remix done with Drake, Drake was off-point on the music...
***Modified***...
I was expecting to see Limpopo(Kcee), Akwa ibom(Mish).
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by safarigirl(f): 8:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
PIsquare- Personally...@iamsynord

2 Likes

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
@OP add style plus olufumi
Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by Seunpaul01(m): 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
U try op..... at least to ur knowledge. naija is truly blessed.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim by bammike21: 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
Everyone deserve to be a landlord or a landlady. its now easy,you don't have to pay fully to own a land in Lagos or Nigeria. just visit honeystoneng.com to own a propertya

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wizkid Joins Justin Bieber On Stage To Perform Essence: PICS & VIDEO / Ayo Orowale, Broadcaster Is Dead (Photo) / Eedris Abdulkareem Is Battling Kidney Failure Seeks Fans' Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.