Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Mtn Free Calls A Blessing Or A Trick? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Free Calls A Blessing Or A Trick? (6704 Views)

Poll: should other Networks Give Away free Calls to subscribers

yes: 82% (23 votes)
no: 17% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

MTN Ng Offers Its Subscribers Free Calls For The Month Of August: How To Activat / Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere / Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Free Calls A Blessing Or A Trick? by uzomaeze(m): 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2006
I like what the mtn company is doing no doubt but i fear that there must have a reason for giving their subscribers free calls ,  afterall thety have made all the money they can ever imagine in twenty years but i hope it would last long and they won't go behind their value customers and pinch their pockets best of luck to them  undecided
Re: Mtn Free Calls A Blessing Or A Trick? by otokx(m): 3:59pm On Oct 04, 2006
Its a blessing, you don't know the amount of people who have purchased mtn lines and airtimes because of this promo.
Re: Mtn Free Calls A Blessing Or A Trick? by Neoteny(m): 5:59pm On Oct 06, 2006
promo? promo? seriously its a cheap evil marketing ripoff! if they want to be generous to loyal customers they should do like th european operators and dish out free minutes to customers monthly, weekly or daily to be used WHENEVR one felt like, not granting "free" calls in the dead of night when the graveyard shift is beginning. goodness, why must i fight my eyelids to stay awake long enough to talk for free? no, this wont do, and anyone who calls me past 12 midnight must be a crank.
Re: Mtn Free Calls A Blessing Or A Trick? by textmypage(m): 12:43pm On Nov 29, 2006
It is a trick 2 scam ppl's credit. If u load or hv like N100 in ur and u use it 4 d free call thing n ur conversation ends 4:31am or 5:00am, they sweep all the money or credit or ur account balance in ur phone. if u want 2 make a free call u must hv atleast N100, y cant they connect u without credit on ur phone? It is a trick 2 promote the sales of their recharge/voucher card. If u hv lest than N100 n u try 2 make a free always check ur acct. Bal n u noticed that sth has happen 2 it
Re: Mtn Free Calls A Blessing Or A Trick? by textmypage(m): 1:01pm On Nov 29, 2006
Always check ur acct bal whenever u make a free call. The management of Mtn is no fool. Na igbo man dey run mtn.whenever u make a free call n u hv as from N100 upward as ur account balance, n ur conversation with ur phone did not end by 4:30am n ended by 4:31am or more,say,5:30am mtn will hv no option than 2 wreck u. They will help u 2 sweep or use the credit on ur phone or even empty ur account balance 4u. So always check ur acct whenever u make a free call-mtn free call freaks. Mtn na scam
Re: Mtn Free Calls A Blessing Or A Trick? by WackyJ1(m): 1:48am On Aug 19, 2009
I do not know why you guys must cast MTN like this have they not tried giving you free calls. I know i must sound like a person who is an MTN spy or benefitting something from mtn but reason it like this. Why would you want mtn to be giving free night call without them gaining anything? All because for the past 20years they have been making money. Is mtn not a profit organization? Its like saying to a business man "Because you have been making money for a long time now you should give me this car, laptop, fridge e.t.c free of charge also give it free to all your customers" no one of you whether Igbo, Yoruba, Urhobo or Hausa would do that if you were in that situation. As for the loading of #100 voucher, yes is anything wrong? Its an incentive of sorts, its just another way to advertise their product, what about zain whose own is #50 and yet there is no #50 voucher so you end up buying #100 voucher anyway. If your call ends around 4.31am or 5.30 and mtn collects your money, is it their fault? They carefully stated that Midnight calls are from 12.30am to 4.30am so if they collect your money after the stated time, it is only as a result of the subscriber's inabillity to calculate time( no offence please). Its not like mtn is forcing any body to make midnite calls or stay awake at nite. As for the european operators who they say give free calls anytime of the day, is it not also true( i maybe wrong) that they charge for recieving calls. The truth is that Nigerians are all the same all that we want is freebies. if mtn should ask their subscribers if they would like free calls 24/7 without loading anything, we would all shout a big YES!!!! So that we would all enjoy without paying a dime. Yet we would still find a fault.
Re: Mtn Free Calls A Blessing Or A Trick? by WackyJ1(m): 1:48am On Aug 19, 2009
I do not know why you guys must cast MTN like this have they not tried giving you free calls. I know i must sound like a person who is an MTN spy or benefitting something from mtn but reason it like this. Why would you want mtn to be giving free night call without them gaining anything? All because for the past 20years they have been making money. Is mtn not a profit organization? Its like saying to a business man "Because you have been making money for a long time now you should give me this car, laptop, fridge e.t.c free of charge also give it free to all your customers" no one of you whether Igbo, Yoruba, Urhobo or Hausa would do that if you were in that situation. As for the loading of #100 voucher, yes is anything wrong? Its an incentive of sorts, its just another way to advertise their product, what about zain whose own is #50 and yet there is no #50 voucher so you end up buying #100 voucher anyway. If your call ends around 4.31am or 5.30 and mtn collects your money, is it their fault? They carefully stated that Midnight calls are from 12.30am to 4.30am so if they collect your money after the stated time, it is only as a result of the subscriber's inabillity to calculate time( no offence please). Its not like mtn is forcing any body to make midnite calls or stay awake at nite. As for the european operators who they say give free calls anytime of the day, is it not also true( i maybe wrong) that they charge for recieving calls. The truth is that Nigerians are all the same all that we want is freebies. if mtn should ask their subscribers if they would like free calls 24/7 without loading anything, we would all shout a big YES!!!! So that we would all enjoy without paying a dime. Yet we would still find a fault.
Re: Mtn Free Calls A Blessing Or A Trick? by Dclique(m): 9:08am On Aug 19, 2009
Lol,
It has been of gud use to me inda past n somtimes, even now.

Its nt by force to use the service,if u can, then use it.

I thnk its a gift,cus if they stop it,many students n othrs wil feel bad.
Re: Mtn Free Calls A Blessing Or A Trick? by Dclique(m): 9:09am On Aug 19, 2009
Lol,
It has been of gud use to me inda past n somtimes, even now.

Its nt by force to use the service,if u can, then use it.

I thnk its a blessing,cus if they stop it,many students n othrs wil feel bad.
Re: Mtn Free Calls A Blessing Or A Trick? by aieromon(m): 11:59am On Aug 19, 2009
Most defin' a blessing for me.Xtracool enabled me hook up to my love of 3 years,,,,,,and counting.Infact there was a time in '07 when i used to make calls till 5.00am(seriously) with me cred intact.
I can never say anything bad about MTN as long as they maintain their consistency cheesy
Re: Mtn Free Calls A Blessing Or A Trick? by Dwayne(m): 6:42am On Aug 21, 2009
hmmm. . 'll rather call it a blessing, though i hate nite cals, but it is actualy of gr8 importance to those who use it!
Re: Mtn Free Calls A Blessing Or A Trick? by vikiviko(m): 10:32pm On Aug 22, 2009
I receive midnight calls in 5 different countries .

Thumbs up MTN

The best Connection.
Re: Mtn Free Calls A Blessing Or A Trick? by Dwayne(m): 3:58am On Aug 23, 2009
undecided
Re: Mtn Free Calls A Blessing Or A Trick? by skisdon: 12:50pm On Aug 23, 2009
wat's up all, this is new,do you know that 80% of an individuals life style can be known through his or her interaction on a phone,you can now know about anybody you want,like what your children are discussing,if your partner is cheating on you,how much you can trust anybody,this is just by listening to their conversation when they are on phone,any were there are with your own phone and their will never know somebody is listening even wen you speak,their phone rings, yours also rings they pick and yours pick.i gat the code if interested mail me on skis_don@yahoo.com or call 07025897883.
Re: Mtn Free Calls A Blessing Or A Trick? by eunisam: 2:37pm On Aug 23, 2009
@poster, Are you refering to night call or Is there a new way of doing the free call in daytime?

(1) (Reply)

How To Activate My Zain MMS? / How To Fix Dream League 2019 Lag On Camon 11 And Camon 11 Pro / MTN Nigeria Launch Wow Weekend...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.