Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

How Yar’adua Stopped Dangote From Buying Nigeria’s Refineries – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Yar’adua Stopped Dangote From Buying Nigeria’s Refineries – Obasanjo (606 Views)

Nigeria's Refineries Working At 8.5% Capacity - The Cable / Foreign Refineries To Stop Buying Nigeria’s Crude Oil Due To NDA Attacks / Two Nigeria’s Refineries To Restart Production Before End Of Dec. 2015 –minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Yar’adua Stopped Dangote From Buying Nigeria’s Refineries – Obasanjo by FREEEMANAN(m): 11:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
[b]By Clement Ejiofor

Former president Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has revealed that Nigeria’s refineries might have been sold to Africa’s richest man Aliko Dangote many years ago.

Former president speaking on a Channels program narrated how his successor, the late President Umaru Yar’Adua was forced to reverse the sale of Nigeria’s oil refineries which he had completed before leaving office in 2007.

Obasanjo said: “The refineries are old and Dangote and some investors paid $750m for two of the refineries. My successor came to office and reversed the sale; he even refunded the money they paid.

“So, I went to him and said ‘why did you do this’? He said it was because of pressure. So, I said ‘so the pressure of some people was more important than the interest of the whole nation’!

“Right now, you will hardly be able to sell the refineries for more than $250m because they are very old”.

Obasanjo clarified that most people, particularly leaders, failed to analyse the decisions of those before them before upturning those decisions, pointing out that most leaders yielded to sentiment than informed opinions.

It should be noted that Dangote has repeated his desire to buy English club Arsenal. The Nigerian billionaire failed in a bid to acquire a stake in the club in 2010 but is now worth nearly eight times as much, at £11.5bn.[/b]

http://www.naij.com/502338-yaradua-stopped-dangote-buying-nigerias-refineries-obasanjo.html

Cc lalasticlala
Re: How Yar’adua Stopped Dangote From Buying Nigeria’s Refineries – Obasanjo by SouthernBreeze(m): 11:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
Another nonsense from OBJ. This man is no longer making sense. Too bad
Re: How Yar’adua Stopped Dangote From Buying Nigeria’s Refineries – Obasanjo by natas22: 11:16pm On Jul 29, 2015
Re: How Yar’adua Stopped Dangote From Buying Nigeria’s Refineries – Obasanjo by DoroMega: 11:23pm On Jul 29, 2015
He was clueless
Re: How Yar’adua Stopped Dangote From Buying Nigeria’s Refineries – Obasanjo by Otherique: 11:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ok
Re: How Yar’adua Stopped Dangote From Buying Nigeria’s Refineries – Obasanjo by Aromas: 11:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
This man should shout his baboon mouth up, making irrelevance issues that those not pertain to the current wind of change blowing round the con3.
Re: How Yar’adua Stopped Dangote From Buying Nigeria’s Refineries – Obasanjo by collinsVP: 11:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
It is not in my character to abuse elders otherwise.....

You privatized a whole lot of things which you bought at the same time with looted funds and you still have the audacity to come and spill trash here.

We never knew about this transaction before now, which implies he diverted the money to his personal pocket.

Late yar'dua must have refunded the money from National treasury.

GEJ was mainly accused of supervising corruption but you perpetrated corruption your self. And is annoying to know you do not show remorse for your inappropriate action while in office. I do not know what you feel like?

PMP is finding difficult to form his government due to inordinate political culture you handed down to your successors. Political offices are no longer call to service but call to loot and impoverish the poor and downtrodden. He feels like doing everything himself because there is no one to trust.

#BABAyoualmostsoldNigeria.
Re: How Yar’adua Stopped Dangote From Buying Nigeria’s Refineries – Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
OBj was the biggest theif in the annals of this country, he sold our national assets to his cronies and the next minute he will be acting Saint
Re: How Yar’adua Stopped Dangote From Buying Nigeria’s Refineries – Obasanjo by sentaljohn(m): 11:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
people always look for opportunity to yarb this man.... Letz face it, what he's saying is damn true..............but is privatisation of everything really the way??
Re: How Yar’adua Stopped Dangote From Buying Nigeria’s Refineries – Obasanjo by lilprinze: 11:50pm On Jul 29, 2015
This ugly monkey called obj should shut the f up . He is talking as if he is a saint.
Re: How Yar’adua Stopped Dangote From Buying Nigeria’s Refineries – Obasanjo by kenedy175(m): 1:29am On Jul 30, 2015
Any time this man talks, just know that he has smoked his usual expired Ogun weed. He's lucky Abacha didn't kill him.

I wonder why he claims to be the "holiest" president we ever had when he's like the devil In agbada.

(1) (Reply)

Proudwailer: Smilers Can You Please Explain Buhari's Statements / I Invite Everyone To A Crusade In My Church Tomorrow! / Osun Stakeholders Drag Aregbesola Before EFCC, Submit Petition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.