Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,410 members, 7,846,736 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Ooni Of Ife Is Alive — Royal Council - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni Of Ife Is Alive — Royal Council (621 Views)

Ooni Of Ife, Aregbesola Meets Ife Royal Council In Private / Ooni Of Ife Is Alive - Royal Council / Ooni Of Ife Is Not Dead, He Is Alive- Royal Traditional Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni Of Ife Is Alive — Royal Council by HungerBAD: 5:43am On Jul 30, 2015
Ile-Ife—Despite the widespread report, the Royal Traditional Council, RTC, of Ife has refuted the news making the rounds that Oba Okunade Sijuwade, Ooni of Ife, was dead.

Joseph Ijaodola, an Oba and the Lowa of Ife, who briefed newsmen at the Ooni palace at Enuwa, in Ile-Ife early yesterday, said the monarch was hale and hearty. RTC, which is a combination of traditional chiefs and title holders’ said the report that the monarch died in a hospital in the United Kingdom was untrue.

Ijaodola said: “I hereby dispel the rumour that our Baba, the Olubuse is dead. As I speak with you, the chiefs have not heard anything like that. This is not the first time such rumour will be carried about our father.

They did it in 1982, also in 2004 and now, these people are coming up with another rumour. Ooni remains in sound state of health.”
Vanguard saw residents of the ancient town trooping to the palace yesterday to ascertain if the news about the death of the monarch was true.
The media had reported that Sijuwade died in a hospital in London, Britain, and the news of his death was confirmed by various sources close to the palace but the denial of the news came as a surprise to many.

Also speaking, secretary Royal Traditional Council of Ife, the Ladin of Ife, High Chief Adetoye Odewole, said Ooni is hale and hearty and even spoke to the chiefs on phone few hours earlier.

He added that “Those behind the death story are enemies of Ife and as I speak with you, chiefs have not heard anything like that. This is not the first time such rumour will be carried about our father.

“They did it in 1984, also in 2004 and now, these people are coming up with another rumour. Oba Sijuade remains in sound state of health”.
Also commenting, chairman, Ife Development Board, Prof. Muib Opeloye, said Ife as a town with rich tradition has its way of managing its affairs.

Opeloye maintained the monarch was preparing for his son’s wedding, urging people not to panic and go about their normal daily activities.
Meantime, the entrance of Ooni palace was shut to visitors, as only newsmen, chiefs and relations of Oba Sijuade were allowed into the premises.

Many indigenes and residents of Ife had converged at entrance of the palace but were prevented from going inside by guards.
Osun State government is yet to make official statement concerning the demise of the monarch.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/ooni-of-ife-is-alive-royal-council/

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Is Alive — Royal Council by BLOTRS: 5:46am On Jul 30, 2015
I'm sure the fake news came from either one of these usual APC lie propaganda papers : The Nation, Vanguard or Punch...make your research and quote me wrong
Re: Ooni Of Ife Is Alive — Royal Council by DaBullIT(m): 6:03am On Jul 30, 2015
Na Juju kiss
Re: Ooni Of Ife Is Alive — Royal Council by kelvincoll(m): 6:10am On Jul 30, 2015
Another Yaradua cinderlla story undecided

Whatever the status is, the media should quit toying with unconfirmed news especially wen it's got to do with life. Do dey know how much panic and confusion wud be created in d locality by now
Re: Ooni Of Ife Is Alive — Royal Council by rawtouch: 6:23am On Jul 30, 2015
Bad news spreads fast
Re: Ooni Of Ife Is Alive — Royal Council by kalamayat: 6:31am On Jul 30, 2015
Definately his manhood is still rocking

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Is Alive — Royal Council by kennyman2000(m): 6:39am On Jul 30, 2015
Okay..
Re: Ooni Of Ife Is Alive — Royal Council by bettercreature(m): 6:42am On Jul 30, 2015
He is dead! My source told me they want his family to pack out all their luggages out of the palace before they announce it because,they must not take out a single needle out of the palace immediately they announce his death
Re: Ooni Of Ife Is Alive — Royal Council by DONMAYOR19(m): 6:46am On Jul 30, 2015
Mogbe. Oya make the man show for tv, if not I say is just the normal stunt that the public are not suppose to know about his death til is like up to 3 months. Who start that kind tradition self? undecided
Re: Ooni Of Ife Is Alive — Royal Council by realtestament(m): 6:55am On Jul 30, 2015
Am tired of all this kinda story jor undecided

(1) (Reply)

Gov.dickson Ordered Out Of Pdp Meeting. / President Buhari's Anti-corruption Mere Noise-making, Diversionary-FAYOSE / Jonathan’s Victory Could Have Denied God Glory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.