Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,144 members, 7,953,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:08 PM

Ways Of Maintaining A Lasting Relationship (for Singles & Married Couples) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ways Of Maintaining A Lasting Relationship (for Singles & Married Couples) (1145 Views)

"Can You Break Your Current Relationship For 450million Naira?" See Replies / 15 Tips To Keep A Successful Relationship For Naija Girls / Keys To Long Lasting Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways Of Maintaining A Lasting Relationship (for Singles & Married Couples) by phoneport(m): 7:00am On Jul 30, 2015
Hi it is Jeffrey, my heart bleeds at times when i see or hear about break-up/divorce in relationships over one issue or the other. Hence i am writing this for both singles and married couples, as this will really help some of you.
It is a little bit lengthen so i posted some of it here. Read the full tips by visiting the blog.
Thanks.
kiss

Haven’t you often wonder why most relationships today hit the rock within the next few months after starting and to worsen this scourge, marriages are not left out. Many marriages today fail for one reason or the other. Commitment is fading off and what obtains now ranges from deceit to lies, emotional instability to outright disregard for each other’s feelings. For a lot of people today, 'commitment' has become a scary thing. Dating is more like a marathon, trying to date as many people as possible, instead of being committed to one and get to know each other very well is obviously the order of the day.

We all know there is no perfect marriage. Working to improve on an existing relationship to me appears tougher than trying a fresh one. Things do not always go perfectly as fighting, argument, disagreement do occur and it takes 100% commitment from both parties to make it a success.

In spite of all these odds, healthy and long lasting relationships are definitely possible. The ability to manage and restore sparks in our relationships when the reality of marital disintegration shows up is what makes a healthy marriage. Take a cue from most of our parents marriages of the sixties, seventies, and even eighties, how did they coped given the fact that some of them did not actually dated rather, were just recommended or introduced by their respective families. You would agree with me that they don't have perfect marriages but they have learnt to weather the storm and face realities of the ups and downs of marriage by choosing to love their mates irrespective of the odds against their marriage.

Relationship building is like a car, the more you service it and treat it right, the more it serves you. The longer the usage, the more the wear and tear. This is the way to look at relationships, you need to work for it to get the best out of it. Everything cannot be perfect, there will be obstacles to overcome but you have to make concerted effort to make it work.

Below are some tips to strengthen your relationship:

Create time to be together: Learn to spend quality time together. Its not about the activity but the fact that you are both doing something that you enjoy. We are often torn between our work, family and everything else going on around us at the expense of the people we care about. Schedule and keep to arranged dates as you would your corporate meetings.(Though no time, but you can still create the time if you want)

Show Affection: When was the last time you walked up to your partner for no reason, without saying a word and affectionately placed a kiss on the neck? When last did you cuddle your partner, rub her hand or run through her hair or simply hold hands without uttering a word. (Or now that you are married it is no longer needful) We show love and affection to our children and often forget that our partners need attention too. The power of touch could be overwhelming, everything is not about sex but feeling each other’s vibes in our own quiet world.

Renew old Traditions: Do you remember when you just hit it off? There must have been some things you both enjoyed doing that made you tic. Did you make a it habit to stroll together? Or you hung out on Fridays for vigils, light meals out to eateries or just relaxing at home together. You know what I am talking about, and not the, ‘my brother you know na, no time for Lagos”? Think back! Renew and improve on what you used to do together just like manufacturers would always slam us with a new and improved product. (Take a cue from Tecno Mobile)

Secret Getaways: At a point in our relationships, we truly crave for some quiet moments especially when you have children hovering round you. Map out periods when you both will take a vacation without the children. It doesn't have to be an expensive trip, you may choose to hide away at a hotel in town for a beautiful weekend. Make the outing as romantic as possible. Rekindle your love and refresh your memories of the good old days. (Note this is very common among the whites, and why can’t Nigerian couples copy this)

MORE AT: www.bleednhearts..com

Re: Ways Of Maintaining A Lasting Relationship (for Singles & Married Couples) by wisefizz(m): 7:03am On Jul 30, 2015
WOW
Re: Ways Of Maintaining A Lasting Relationship (for Singles & Married Couples) by boboLIL(m): 7:05am On Jul 30, 2015
la click , la bend.. Im okay wid these points hia
Re: Ways Of Maintaining A Lasting Relationship (for Singles & Married Couples) by englishmart(m): 7:26am On Jul 30, 2015
the only language doshima and Etaite understand is money and sex

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Men Are Nothing Without Women (facts) / SEE The New Faces Of Boko Haram(photos) - Thenews.ng / A Nairalander At The Nigeria High Commission London With Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.