Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,654 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:21 PM

The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon (37348 Views)

JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services / Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils / 98% Of Nigerian Don't Know The Use Of This.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by Aitee1: 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
educating...
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by joseph1832(m): 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
TheSonOfMark and Nihilist, you should not absent your monikers from this thread.
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by kennyman2000(m): 12:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
Thanks op..
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by RichDad1(m): 12:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
GNS 101
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by LaRoyalHighness(f): 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
I will surely make out time to read this.... The little I read caught my attention .. More of threads like this in future. Thanks. (Feel free to correct my punctuation signs.)
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by bocin500(m): 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2015
A clear show of brilliance!...well done, op.
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2015
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by fanficgirl(f): 12:31pm On Jul 30, 2015
angry angryI was literally about to make a thread about this
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by enitey(f): 12:33pm On Jul 30, 2015
This is beautiful
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by damiloladuke1: 12:36pm On Jul 30, 2015
great info as this has always been confusing for me..thanks

CHECK OUT MY FUNNY SECRET DIARY
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by Feranmicharles(m): 12:42pm On Jul 30, 2015
jammani:

Construct a good sentence and let's see, stewpid ingrate.
mostly everyone living on the planet earth does not like to hear the truth or being criticized. Other NLander's that commented on this thread hailed you,but you only come across one critic,you flare upangry bro learn how to live. Meanwhile,my comment was a mere playangry

Well,its nice meeting you
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 30, 2015
What a thread!

Btw, I am Physicist who knows very little about punctuations.
I am only concerned with discovering the Tangential Co-ordinates of Fufu/Akpu when immersed in Ogbono soup, plus the force that acts on the surface of Ogbono soup, after heat is applied.

undecided

5 Likes

Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 30, 2015
standd:
What a thread!

I am only concerned with discovering the Tangential Co-ordinates of Fufu/Akpu when immersed in Ogbono soup, plus the force that acts on the surface of Ogbono soup, after heat is applied.

undecided

broaden your mind smiley
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
emekajoh:

broaden your mind smiley

I try, I really do.
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2015
standd:

I try, I really do.

hehe there you go (edit: .)
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by donifez(m): 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2015
standd:
What a thread!

undecided

Your use of punctuations is pretty good, mine is way worse. As an information technologist what i major in is learning to write programs of different languages...not really easy.

I love your poems and write-up .
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 30, 2015
looks flawless indeed. i don't have any lol
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by ibroman12(m): 1:00pm On Jul 30, 2015
this is d kindthis is d kindthis is d kind
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2015
donifez:

Your use of punctuations is pretty good, mine is way worse. As an information technologist what i major in is learning to write programs of different languages...not really easy.

I love your poems and write-up .

Thanks @bolded
I actually feel very apprehensive when using punctuations cos being a scientist, I have never gotten around to learning the basics (as outlined in this thread).
I just write, hoping that my punctuations/gbaguans don't end up killing anyone cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by free37: 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2015
Nice.
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2015
emekajoh:

hehe there you go (edit: .)

Edit kwa.. grin
Pls call the Op.
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 30, 2015
wasn't sure which one's appropriate. like with punctuation, only with emotion u know
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
donifez:
your poems...

thought you have intuition for that
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by donifez(m): 1:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
standd:

Thanks @bolded
I actually feel very aprehensive when using punctuations cos being a scientist, I have never gotten around to learning the basics (as outlined in this thread).
I just write, hoping that my punctuations/gbaguans don't end up killing anyone cheesy
I also have that same feeling,that is one part of writing i will call myself a learner at with a capitalized "L".

We learn everyday,kudos,Keep writing.
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
donifez:

I also have that same feeling,that is one part of writing i will call myself a learner at with a capitalized "L".

We learn everyday,kudos,Keep writing.

Sure, I will. Thanks smiley
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by donifez(m): 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
emekajoh:

thought you have intuition for that
of course i do.
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by DisGuy: 1:30pm On Jul 30, 2015
good work Larry, I use the semicolon frequently, I'm certain some of them were inapprioriate lipsrsealed
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
donifez:

of course i do.

sry, the quoting's misleading, i meant standd
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by kazmanbanjoko(m): 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
hon Patrick obahiagbon needs dis more than anyone else.
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by donifez(m): 1:37pm On Jul 30, 2015
emekajoh:

sry, the quoting's misleading, i meant standd
Ok.
Re: The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 30, 2015
I'd come back to this. From observation I always thought a semi-colon was used to explain a subject or last mentioned statement. After reading this I'd learn to properly use it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Male And Female OAU Students Die (Photos) / Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice / BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.