Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4,662MW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4,662MW (754 Views)

New Peak Power Generation Record Of 4883.9MW - TCN / Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4662MW / TCN Records New Electricity Transmission Peak Of 4,656MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4,662MW by Laredojohn(m): 4:15pm On Jul 30, 2015
Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak of 4,662MW

30 Jul 2015

Font Size: a / A

TCN’s General Manager, Public Affairs, Seun Olagunju

32,229 customers get refunds from Abuja Disco for over-billing

By Chineme Okafor in Abuja

The Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) yesterday disclosed that the national electricity grid transmission has attained a new peak capacity of 4,662 megawatts (MW), some 6MW different from its last record of 4,656MW.

TCN, in a statement by its General Manager, Public Affairs, Seun Olagunju, in Abuja, explained that the new peak was attained at about 8p.m on Tuesday.

It said the country’s power generation and transmission capacities have in the last couple of days enjoyed new peaks above 4,500MW following improvements in gas supply to the generating stations as well as equipment and infrastructure upgrade in the transmission network.

TCN which assured that it would continue to work at enhancing the capacity to transmit more quality power to the electricity distribution companies in the country, also attributed the new records to enhanced human capacity of its system operator.

The transmission company had on Wednesday, July 15, announced its attainment of the previous 4,656MW peak transmission, just two days after it recorded 4,545MW peak transmission in the national grid.

Meanwhile, about 32,229 electricity consumers that are serviced by the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) within its franchise distribution areas of Abuja, Kogi, Nasarawa and Niger have reportedly begun to receive refunds for excess charges levied by the Disco for electricity they consumed between the months of October 2014 and May 2015.

The refund which runs into millions of naira may however come in the form of credit awards on the bills of the 32,229 affected customers. The development follows an enforcement order on the Disco by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) for flagrant breach of its licenses conditions as regards estimated billing methodology.

NERC had in the order accused AEDC of continuous fleecing of consumers and threatened to take punitive measures against it if it fails to refund to consumers monies collected from them from estimated billing over certain periods.

The commission equally asked it to submit to it comprehensive data it used for the billing of its unmetered customers for the months October, November and December 2014, saying that it had noticed unusual increase in the estimated bills of customers of the Disco.

AEDC’s Executive Director, Regulatory and Stakeholders Affairs, Abimbola Odubiyi, however confirmed the Disco’s commencement of the refund.

“The first thing is to give a rebate to the affected electricity customers before July 3 which we have done. All the affected customers as identified jointly by NERC and AEDC have been compensated accordingly.

The next thing is that NERC gave us a two -month deadline and that will elapse in mid-August for us to publish in newspapers the apology which we are going to do,” Odubiyi said.

He noted that on the public apology which NERC also mandated it to tender to its customers that: “Why we haven’t done that is to ensure that all the affected customers have been informed and duly compensated.

We can’t do the apology adverts when the customers have not been compensated. Some might be wondering if it worked. I know that the identified customers are over 32,000 and the rebate varies from N1,000 to N5,000. I can’t say how much we have spent overall.”
source:http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/again-tcn-records-new-power-transmission-peak-of-4-662mw/216068/
cc:lalasticlala
Re: Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4,662MW by Eeser: 4:15pm On Jul 30, 2015
Good. I guess the management have suddenly woken up from their self induced coma.
#thepresidentisworking
Lalasticlala, do the needful

1 Like

Re: Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4,662MW by natas22: 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
This is the work of Oga Jonathan not my sai buhari
www.
Re: Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4,662MW by natas22: 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
The ones that are not yet fired by my sai buhari working round the clock to get things in order, the finance department remitting every penny to avoid probing and kirikiri

Men am loving this new government, thanks to my sai buhari
www.

1 Like

Re: Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4,662MW by major466(m): 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
Yet my area is buried in total blackout.
Re: Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4,662MW by donholy28(m): 4:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
Achievement of goodluck Jonathan
Re: Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4,662MW by jcross19: 4:36pm On Jul 30, 2015
natas22:
The ones that are not yet fired by my sai buhari working round the clock to get things in order, the finance department remitting every penny to avoid probing and kirikiri

Men am loving this new government, thanks to my sai buhari
www.
I believe you are grown up man or woman with a mature brain to reason in a mature way. Look at the past administration left the power since two months now do you expect ministries to stop working or government workers to stop active? All I can see the sai baba fans want him to succeed at all cost and is too early to checkmate his achievement. All we want is a better nigeria
Re: Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4,662MW by Hotsparkles(m): 4:37pm On Jul 30, 2015
Dividends of privatization. God bless Gej.
Re: Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4,662MW by Sandydayz(f): 4:40pm On Jul 30, 2015
Thank God for the gudnews....
I should be expecting another one next month undecided

1 Like

Re: Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4,662MW by natas22: 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2015
jcross19:
I believe you are grown up man or woman with a mature brain to reason in a mature way. Look at the past administration left the power since two months now do you expect ministries to stop working or government workers to stop active? All I can see the sai baba fans want him to succeed at all cost and is too early to checkmate his achievement. All we want is a better nigeria

Afternoon bro, thanks for your little insult anyway nice analysis
www.
Re: Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4,662MW by kokoA(m): 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
At the mention of Baba's name everybody just dey couple himself dey work like no tomorrow. Sai Baba! Mansugudu sugudu!

1 Like

Re: Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4,662MW by Kennitrust(m): 11:00am On Aug 05, 2015
grin
jcross19:
[url]
jcross19:
[/url]
jcross19:
Re: Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4,662MW by Kennitrust(m): 11:02am On Aug 05, 2015
sai buhari
Re: Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4,662MW by PassingShot(m): 11:04am On Aug 05, 2015
jcross19:
Do you have any doubt that the fear of PMB has a huge influence in the improvement we're witnessing?

The topic has been discussed to death. So, don't bring it up.

God Bless PMB
Nigeria shall be great again.

#NeverAgain shall we be ruled by clueless presidents such as the Otuoke man.

1 Like

Re: Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4,662MW by PassingShot(m): 11:06am On Aug 05, 2015
Hotsparkles:
Dividends of privatization. God bless Gej.
GEJ must have been a fool not to want this kind of dividends during his reign, right? cheesy cheesy
Re: Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4,662MW by patrotic9gerian: 11:08am On Aug 05, 2015
Its normal for all govt (even GEJ's) to have constant electricity at this time of the year... If the country can have stable electricity by February/March nxt year, I wld give PMB kudos...
Re: Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4,662MW by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:21am On Aug 05, 2015
You guyz are being pathetic don't celebrate yet until after the raining season.
Re: Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4,662MW by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:22am On Aug 05, 2015
Thank you Bros!
patrotic9gerian:
Its normal for all govt (even GEJ's) to have constant electricity at this time of the year... If the country can have stable electricity by February/March nxt year, I wld give PMB kudos...

(1) (Reply)

Appeal Court Overtuns Dino Melaye's Victory At Tribunal. / Beyonce Suffers Another Wardrobe Malfunction / Happy 53rd Birthday, President Obama!,see Some Of His Amazing Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.